Kegels having opposite effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegels having opposite effect?

Has anyone else experienced this. A few years ago after having read a book called something like "the multiple orgasmic male" I started fooling around doing Kegels to increase my PC/BC muscle strength. I noticed that I started having the urge to finish off right away instead of my normal bit of stamina. It seemed to decrease my ability to last instead of increase it.

A few years go by, I had quit doing all that and settled back into my normal routine. With a condom on I can last a decent amount of time without terrible loss in EQ. If I push it too long I'll lose EQ, but around 30 minutes is the average. Condom off and the story changes significantly however.

So I joined here and have started the beginners routine. I've included daily Kegels as suggested by some for EQ. Daily is not accurate, I have been doing 1 day on and 1 day off with them. I do NOT do more than 200 per day. I think that I am doing them correctly, with decent intensity and hold.

Since I've started doing that this past month I notice I no longer have my normal stamina and want to O right away. I can't even enjoy oral without wanting to just explode quickly. Are Kegels responsible for this sudden lack of ability? I sure think they are. Something maybe to do with increased strength in the PC area leads to harder contractions against the prostate encouraging quicker orgasm. It's just my theory. If I lay off them for a while and my stamina returns, then I'll know it's the Kegels right?

Anyone else have this?

I think I've read that this is normal- especially if your muscles aren't well conditioned, you'll involuntarily flex them more, cumming quicker. It'll go away after doing the exercises for a while longer, and then begin to become beneficial. I'm pretty sure how it works, is you become familiar with the flexing and movement of kegel exercises, and then during sex you want to make sure to relax the muscles, rather than flex them.

Comment

I read a book on Premature Ejaculation and Bandit is dead on.

You have to train your self to RELAX the Kegel(PC) muscle during sex because contracting it primes the pump for ejaculating.

The book did recommend greatly doing kegel exercises but emphasized that between each kegel try to go to a completely relaxed Kegel(PC) muscle before the next contraction.

Comment

Building up your muscles is only the first part of the process.
        Now, you have to work on paying attention to what your body is doing and developing control.
        Pirate Diplomacy:
        The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Are you including reverse kegals in your training? Very often in cases like yours kegals are done but not reverse.
          As Pirate says ,control is key, this includes an ability not to kegal unconciously.

Comment

Great info here. I had similar experiences, however I just contributed it to overworking my PC
            Intro
            Progress
            “Real living is living for others.” [Bruce Lee]

Comment

I think kegels also tend to add girth. With the newly added girth thier is more friction against the vaginal walls. feeling and seeing inproved hardness also causes more excitement. You will get use to this after a while. Keep on kegaling!
              kingpole
              Retired Moderator
              PEGym Hero
              Last edited by kingpole; 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

lol, you guys bust me up. I'll keep working at it and see if I can do it. One huge problem I have is controlling it during sex. My wife and I have a killer sex life. She is a quick multi-O chick, she can do 12-15 per session and it is really motivating. I've never really learned to focus during sex, I always get lost in the moment, my brain almost just shuts down. I focus on her face and her body without focusing at all on mine. Won't focusing on me instead of her just dull the whole experience?

I can tell when my muscles are flexing down there, I just can't quite keep them from doing it during sex yet I guess. How strong does that PC muscle REALLY need to be in order to keep it from flexing unless wanted?

Comment

Hey Jack, i have been testing this out lately when i reverse kegel like every 30 seconds i can last longer. And when i want to cum then i just kegel.
                  Start 5/28/10 EL 5.8, EGD 1.2

Current 7/28/10 EL 6.0, EGD 1.4

Goal EL 7.0, EGD 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Dick View Post
                    Hey Jack, i have been testing this out lately when i reverse kegel like every 30 seconds i can last longer. And when i want to cum then i just kegel.
                    I think pe zen may have a thread on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackslap View Post
                      lol, you guys bust me up. I'll keep working at it and see if I can do it. One huge problem I have is controlling it during sex. My wife and I have a killer sex life. She is a quick multi-O chick, she can do 12-15 per session and it is really motivating. I've never really learned to focus during sex, I always get lost in the moment, my brain almost just shuts down. I focus on her face and her body without focusing at all on mine. Won't focusing on me instead of her just dull the whole experience?

I can tell when my muscles are flexing down there, I just can't quite keep them from doing it during sex yet I guess. How strong does that PC muscle REALLY need to be in order to keep it from flexing unless wanted?
                      No, it does not dull the process but it can be a different experience. Having control does not preclude getting lost in the moment, it just gives you options.
                      Pirate Diplomacy:
                      The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                        I think pe zen may have a thread on this.
                        Yea, think about it this way. Jack is uncontrollably kegeling while having sex. If he reverse kegeled every now and then he is preventing himself from kegeling because he is doing the opposite of a kegel.
                        Start 5/28/10 EL 5.8, EGD 1.2

Current 7/28/10 EL 6.0, EGD 1.4

Goal EL 7.0, EGD 2.0

Comment

Reverse Kegel during sex every 30 seconds. Am I reading that right? I'll give it a shot tonight, I have a meeting with the wife in about 30 minutes.

Comment

K, update. Just finished up a routine encounter. I noticed that I could indeed "reverse Kegel" to sort of tone down my excitment. I can usually last a decent amount of time for her, because she doesn't mind a little "stop and go" or a bit of slow down. She's very flexible with how I pace it out and I can make myself last that way.

But since starting the Kegel exercizes (I never spell that right) I notice that I want to just explode right away, as previously mentioned. However tonight I noticed that once I got over that initial almost unbearable urge, I was over the hump so to speak and carried on like pretty much any normal night.

HOWEVER!!!!! My EQ took a dive for sure. Two thing to mention about that. It could be Kegeling that is negatively affecting my EQ, but it could be my workout schedule.

I lift weights pretty heavy 4 nights a week. I've been at it for 6 months now and I am starting to get decently big. From 175 to 205 in 6 months. Anytime I have sex, it is after a workout. What I mean by that is that I always have sex at night, which is mostly after working out. Could it be THAT finally catching up to me affecting my wood? Is this just all in my head and I'm making it worse by focusing on it? Whatever it is, I certainly noticed that my wood was hanging around a 6-7 all night, instead of a usual 8-10. Of course right before the big O it shot up to a 10. What is normal here?

Comment

That is a huge percentage increase in your mass and, I imagine, that is bound to impact the supply of blood available to your erection. However, your body will adapt.
                              Can you swap your schedule around and have sex before your workout, just to see if that makes a difference?
                              Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Working...
                              X