Protein Shakes = Bigger Gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Shakes = Bigger Gains?

Hey guys, I'm no scientist or anything, but I was wondering if drinking protein shakes would help at all with increasing gains?

Some background information for why I'm wondering:

I'm a large guy, 6'4" and muscular, and I usually drink a protein shake or two every day to stay fit. I've seen the effects that protein has, and barely have to work out in order to maintain a good amount of muscle. I like my body and everything and the only reason I'm doing this is to fulfill my dream of having a 10" dick (it'd be nice, right?), and I was wondering if protein assisted with the rebuilding of the penile tissue.

What do you think? I'll keep drinking them like normal, and keep y'all posted if I experience abnormal gains.
    Started April 2012
    BPEL -- 7.00"
    EG -- 5.5"

Short-term goal:
    BPEL -- 8.00"
    EG -- 6"

Life goal:
    BPEl -- 10.00"
    EG -- 7"

Let the adventure begin!

Also I might be measuring wrong but it seems I've gained about .2" BPFSL over the last few days, could this be right?
    Started April 2012
    BPEL -- 7.00"
    EG -- 5.5"

Short-term goal:
    BPEL -- 8.00"
    EG -- 6"

Life goal:
    BPEl -- 10.00"
    EG -- 7"

Let the adventure begin!

Comment

The answer is no.

This subject comes up about 6 times per year. It's hard to get our heads around what is happening to the penis when we gain, but it is distinctly different to the process involved in skeletal muscle.

Protein shakes are part of my diet as I train. But there really is no one thing that we can ingest that will have a direct effect on penis size.

Staying in optimal health is key, so for me personally this has meant eating more vegetables & doing a lot more cardio than before.
      Vulcan
      7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
      5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

No

Penis is mostly smooth muscle, not skeletal muscle
        My progress log

Comment

Well smooth muscle has about half the protein that skeletal muscle has [source], but in my opinion to discount protein consumption with regards to PE would be short sighted, as would relying on it for gains. Protein is nothing but a supplement and unless your body can use it/ needs to use it, it's going to pass through you. If you do a proper PE routine, you are damaging the muscles and other connective tissues, your body needs proper nutrition to repair that damage and help you grow, much in the same way that skeletal muscle is regrown. However, it seems like a good balanced diet would do more for you with regards to PE than relying on a protein supplement to act as a major contributor to your gains. With that said, if you are already taking it for exercise, it can't hurt your gains either. Protein supplementation is just that, a supplement.
          My progress log. Please post any advice or anything you like there!
          Or comment on my photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectX View Post
            Well smooth muscle has about half the protein that skeletal muscle has [source], but in my opinion to discount protein consumption with regards to PE would be short sighted, as would relying on it for gains. Protein is nothing but a supplement and unless your body can use it/ needs to use it, it's going to pass through you. If you do a proper PE routine, you are damaging the muscles and other connective tissues, your body needs proper nutrition to repair that damage and help you grow, much in the same way that skeletal muscle is regrown. However, it seems like a good balanced diet would do more for you with regards to PE than relying on a protein supplement to act as a major contributor to your gains. With that said, if you are already taking it for exercise, it can't hurt your gains either. Protein supplementation is just that, a supplement.
            It has been proven, time and time again, that protein does precisely fuck all for smooth muscle growth. It is triggered by hormones released by the brain, we don't know what causes this release...but I can assure you that protein does nothing

Amino acids would be good for repairing connective tissues, sure, but not smooth muscle
            My progress log

Comment

I certainly wouldn't say protein shakes alone help penis growth but protein is great for your body and it keeps everything running properly. With that being said if you're eating a clean and balanced diet and exercising regularly your body will be at its peak.

Comment

I fail to see how protein intake in any form will do
                Originally posted by Padawan787 View Post
                precisely fuck all for smooth muscle growth.
                The way I see it, protein is broken down into amino acids which are then used to rebuild muscle and connective tissue. That applies for all muscle, including smooth muscle. Now a protein shake will not make your penis grow; however, it does help provide your body with available materials to repair the muscle, hopefully at a greater size.

Yes, muscle growth and repair is an automatic response by your body, but after the hormones are released your body cannot do a thing about repairing the damage done without material to do so, whether that comes from catabolism of already existing tissues or the use of supplied nutrients, your body is going to heal itself. Smooth muscle also responds to hormones and things such as Ca2+ and NO to expand/ relax, but that is not growth, it is simply moving the muscle. Muscle growth is a response mechanism to stress out on the body, a response that necessitates nutrients. Where you get those nutrients is up to you, but bottom line: protein, whether it comes from whole foods, shakes or other supplements, or your own muscles through catabolism, your body is going to need it to help repair the damage done to your penis during a workout.
                Or comment on my photos.

Comment

*sigh* i'm not going to write out a long reply to all of that, but I will re-iterate that protein will do nothing for penis enlargement. Use the search function, this topic has been discussed and refuted many, many times

I'm quite sure that DemOne will drop by this thread at some point

Skeletal muscle =/= smooth muscle
                  My progress log

Comment

This reminds me of a post saying taking extra zinc will make your pee pee grow.

I agree with Padawan, it's quite a pointless debate. Of course severe lacking of protein will hinder all your bodily functions, so does not drinking water or not getting any vitamins.

The point is, taking EXTRA dose will not SPEED UP the enlargement (which we all concur, no?)
                    AP90 member.

Comment

Here is how it goes. A lack of protein may inhibit gains somewhat but having extra wont help. You should be getting a normal amount. PE is about being healthy for better circulation down there. So normal amounts are fine.
                      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by ManWithPlan View Post
                        The point is, taking EXTRA dose will not SPEED UP the enlargement (which we all concur, no?)
                        Absolutely, you just need to maintain proper nutrition, whether that requires additional supplementation is up to you.
                        Or comment on my photos.

Comment

No it wont.
                          And people think of protein shakes as some super magic pill... that you drink end muscle and everything just starts to grow... no bro.
                          Drinking protein whey protein shake is nothing more than eating a protein food such as chicken, fish, eggs, beef... all that stuff.
                          STARTED: 17.11.2011.
                          LENGHT: 5.9''
                          GIRTH: 5.5''

GOAL:
                          LENGHT: 7''
                          GIRTH: 6''

"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders" Lao - Tzu

Comment

Really guys, try using the search feature from now on. If there aren't 20 threads on this topic that can be found from the past year, I'll let every one who posts in this thread kick me in the nuts.

You can't even obtain the type of protein in smooth muscle without spending something like $300 for a small sample and being in the medical field.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                              If there aren't 20 threads on this topic that can be found from the past year, I'll let every one who posts in this thread kick me in the nuts.
                              Do i get to kick you in the nuts now? https://www.pegym.com/forums/search.php?searchid=191737

Unfortunately for you you said "from the past year," otherwise there are loads of threads dealing with this topic
                              My progress log

Comment

Working...
                              X