Flaccid penis/erect size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaccid penis/erect size

Penile length and circumference: a study on 3,300 y... [Eur Urol. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI

Linked above is a study on penile demensions of 3300 italian young males, ages 17-19. The average flaccid length was somewhere around 3.5 inches, and the average stretched flaccid length was a TINY smidgeon under 5.

Why does this seem so ridiculous to me? Am I really to believe everyone with a 3.5 inch dick only grows about 1.5 inches during an erection? Seems crazy to me.

I say this because at 6nbpel roughly, I rarely bulge flaccid like ANYONE I ever see. Anytime anyone wheres gym shorts or sweatpants (call me gay for looking I dont care), you can see their bulge. I have a 3.5 inch flaccid penis and it never looks like that. I would say (especially the jock guys) are packing 4 inch flaccids at least. I just find it hard to believe that all of these flaccids that are bulging out of guys pants somehow equate to around 5-5.5 nbpel when they all look bigger than mine and Im at 6-6.5 nbpel.

I understand the shower vs grower theory. But almost everyone bulges more flaccid than I do, and i'm at whats considered average at 3.5 inches flaccid. One possible reason I can think of is I have a really small deflated glans on my flaccid, it doesn't puff out like many guys. But still. Any thoughts? Do you really think its realistic to say that all those 3.5-4 inch flaccids grow 1.5-2 inches upon erection?

It seems like you are equating stretched flaccid length and erect length. Those are two completely different things and do not have to be the same. My stretched flaccid is more than an inch less than my BPEL. They also did the study on 17-19 year-olds, who are not always done growing at that age. Finding random studies on penis size will not help you overcome your insecurities about your penis size; they will only make it worse.
    Starting (02/21/12): 4.81 BPEL x 4.31 mid-EG
    05/23/12: 5.68 x 4.43
    08/22/12: 5.81 x 4.43
    Short-term goal: 6.0 x 4.5

Comment

well regardless, most "Studies" put BPEL at around 5.8ish. In all studies that measure bpel and Stretched flaccid length, the BPEL is on average about .3 bigger.

Comment

Eh, I see what you're saying, but plenty of guys are growers - many more extreme than you. Could it be possible that you've seen a handful of guys packing full flaccids, and you equate that to being the norm?

Are you wearing baggy pants? Slimmer, tighter fitting jeans can improve your appearance a bit.
        I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
        Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

I got nothing when I'm flaccid. Im 3.5 inches but I swear to god EVERYONE I ever see is bulging way more flaccid than me. Its just hard to believe my size flaccid penis is "average" and on average only turns into a (statistically speaking) 5.5 nbpel penis. What is also confusing to me is that, when I'm at this "average" flaccid size, and the "average penis" comes from this average flaccid size, yet it seems EVERYONE else has a way bigger bulge than me. I do have a really small flaccid glans. This could possibly be it.

I just have such trouble believing these studies, just because you cannot disprove your own eyes. I see guys walking around 24/7 dangling and (or at least looking like) they are way bigger than me. Like I said, this could possibly be caused by the small glans of mine producing less of a bulge. I don't know though. Truly I won't be satisfied until someone does a size study on popular athletic jocky males. I just cant imagine the average flaccid being what mine is, when everyone seems to be packing way more, at least from a bulge standpoint.

I can reach 7 bpel on a good day. Studies put 7 bpel in the almost non existant category. A VERY small percentage. Even polls like PEGYM and ************* polls put it at something like 12-15 %. I just find it incredibly difficult to believe that I am in the 15th or even 30th percentile in size when 1) It seems like every other guy on here is packing a 7-8 inch bpel, and second, every single person seems to have a larger flaccid than me, by alot.
          helpmeout
          Last edited by helpmeout; 05-18-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
            just because you cannot disprove your own eyes
            Our own eyes are actually the easiest thing to trick and gain an inaccurate opinion from.
            My Progress Log

Comment

Start doing Lazy Ass Stretches and you will probably add at least 1/2" to your flaccid size.
              FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
              The Ultimate V (The UV)
              Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
              Heated Bundled LAS
              Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

The Lazy Ass Stretches and the nightly fowfers, (same thing but in bed),can result
                in AT LEAST a half inch more flaccid.

Don't forget, that the men who are average and below average tend to be lurkers
                and not posters on this forum and on all p.e. forums. Keep this in mind. The guys
                who post here are generally those who have average to above average penises,
                or have made progress toward these sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Samson View Post
                  Our own eyes are actually the easiest thing to trick and gain an inaccurate opinion from.
                  Yep especially when you have an insecurity.

Comment

I think these guys are right about perception, helpmeout.

For what it's worth, a minor change in perspective may help you here. I was telling another gym member, who also had flaccid concerns I think, to picture the greek male statues. All growers, it seems. And all very manly.
                    I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
                    Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

That is because a smaller penis was preferred at the time, larger penises were considered "barbaric"

There was a thread here discussing the perceptions of penis size through the ages, it was quite interesting
                      My progress log

Comment

@helpmeout post #1
                        What about your spine health, something like lordosis? Maybe your bad posture creates such ilusion?
                        Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
                        Current stats

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdArm View Post
                          I think these guys are right about perception, helpmeout.

For what it's worth, a minor change in perspective may help you here. I was telling another gym member, who also had flaccid concerns I think, to picture the greek male statues. All growers, it seems. And all very manly.

All I know is that my flaccid is like 1 inch, very embarrasing.
                          "Girth over length :D "

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                            Don't forget, that the men who are average and below average tend to be lurkers and not posters on this forum and on all p.e. forums. Keep this in mind. The guys who post here are generally those who have average to above average penises,
                            or have made progress toward these sizes.
                            This is so true. I used to be a lurker for a while, but I decided to get more involved after I saw the benefits from being able to last longer. Yeah some ladies might want bigger, but you can still make them cum with what you have. Learn the positions that work for you and get good at them. Lasting longer has made a difference in my sex life and has really made my wife a happy person. I'm still working for gains, but that'll be a bonus when it does happen.

Comment

My point wasn't even to bitch about my flaccid size. It was to point out that I feel that at my so called average flaccid size, it seems everyone else is packing more, thus making it really hard for me to believe these guys are only growing 1.5-2 inches upon erection. If I see a bunch of dudes walking around sporting 4+ flaccids, I have trouble believing they grow to an average 6 bpel, 5.5 nbpel.

Comment

Working...
                              X