Jelqing/Warm Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelqing/Warm Up

Ok, I keep hearing over and over again that you must warm up prior to doing a jelqing routine to help prevent the chance of injuries. What injuries are we talking about from not warming up, that are different from simply jelqing incorrectly?
    FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
    The Ultimate V (The UV)
    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
    Heated Bundled LAS
    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

The same type of injuries you can get from working out without warming up. Sprains, tears etc.

Also heat breaks down the chemical composition of the skin making it more elasticy and easier to stretch/manipulate.
    Start (1st October 2009): 6.25" BPEL, 4.4" EG

Current (1st April 2010): 7.05" BPEL, 4.72" EG

Ultimate Goal: 7.75" BPEL, 5.50" EG

My PE Journey

Comment

When you go to lift you don't put heat wraps all over your body. You stretch, move your limbs around to get the blood flowing, then you lift. If you massage your penis and move it around to get the blood flowing, shouldn't that be enough prior to jelqing? I ask because I have had fairly decent success gaining girth, but I have never warmed up prior. I haven't had any kind of set back what so ever, and not even a hint of any kind of injury (I am doing over 600 strokes between regular and v-jelqs per routine, taking about 40 minutes to do them). As for encouraging blood flow, that is the whole purpose of the jelq, which is to push blood up through the shaft towards the glans. If you are fairly erect, grip and jelq, you will be moving x amount of increased blood up through the smooth muscle, your cs, and cc forcing all of those good things to happen. I realize that proper jelqing techniques are paramount. Maybe I am simply tempting fate, or am pig headed, but I don't see where excessive warming up (people talk about heating their unit for up to 20 minutes prior), makes a substantial difference to the net result. Like everything else in PE (and life in general), results vary. We have guys who do everything precisely by the book and gain very little, then there are apparent idiots like me who "cheat" and still make decent gains.
      rbi99
      Retired Moderator
      Member of the Month Nov 2017
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by rbi99; 12-06-2009, 09:18 AM.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
      Heated Bundled LAS
      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Yes. But you don't really know now, do ya? What if you had been doing correct warm ups, i.e. 20 minutes and had doubled your gains since 6/5/09? You can't positively say something doesn't work unless you give it a try.
        Build yourself a rice sock, give warming a try and then tell us the other side of the coin.

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Started the rice sock last week prior to stretching and really like it. As for jelqing, I propose the same thing - guys might try jelqing without warming up prior and see if they notice anything different.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
          Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
          Heated Bundled LAS
          Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

I must admit, i am not a warmer-upper and I have seen only minimal gains in the length department. Girth gains have been okay I guess. Do you think my lack of length gains can be directly attributed to no warmups? (i used to do them when i first started 2.5 months ago). hmmm, maybe i should try this rice sock thing.

Comment

I've only just started and feel that heat before and after is extremely important -- it loosens you up a ton before stretching. Also, it really doesn't take much more time or effort to do.
              hhorner50
              Last edited by hhorner50; 12-06-2009, 08:30 PM.
              Started Dec 2009: BPEL 6.25 EG 4.50 BPFSL 7.0
              Top Feb 2010: BPEL 7.15 EG 4.50 BPFSL 7.45
              Current Nov 2013: BPEL 7.0 EG 4.5 BPFSL 7.3 (I stopped in summer 2010, starting up again)
              Goal: 8 x 6
              My Log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-2-2009-a.html

Comment

If you don't heat up beforehand, you should be punched in the face.

lol just kidding but seriously, NO I'm NOT
                6/15/07: BPEL = 5.5"; EG = 4.75" (not-serious pe)
                10/22/09: BPEL = 6.2"; EG = 5.1" (began serious pe)
                12/21/09: BPEL = 6.5" (+.3); EG = 5.4" (+.3)
                6/23/10: BPEL = 6.7" (+.2); EG = 5.5" (+.1)

Comment

Here's a quote from a classic book on penis enlargement:

"You may be wondering if all this fuss over hot water soaks is really necessary. A study published in 1987 at the University of California, Berkeley, concluded that heat increases the blood flow to subcutaneous tissues by 3-4 times, and the oxygen supply is porportionately increased. It is this increased circulation which is necessary to exapand[sic] the corpora cavernosa (the twin spongy erectile bodies in the penis)." Gary Griffin, Penis Size and Enlargement, p.136

Aside from preventing serious injuries, the warm up also prevents discoloration which can be related to burst capilaries. It also allows the tunica to expand and loosen and as above Griffin is saying that this is necessary to expand the cc. By the time Griffin wrote that, men had been using the heat as part of their routine for 20 years. It's been almost another 15 since he wrote his book. 35 years of heat. I think we have to trust this as more than just advice.

I've read a lot about this and everywhere I see nothing but crucial benefits. The warm up and stretching ads a whopping 15 minutes to my routine and usually by the time I'm done, I quickly go into semi-tumescent mode and I'm prepared for the most comfortable and elastic jelqing session possible.

I experimented with no warm up almost a couple years ago, so I have something to compare it to. At the time everybody on this forum suggested I not do PE if I wasn't going to warm up. They told me that there were men who added heat after not gaining from routines that didn't include warmup and suddenly they started to gain.
                  HotRod
                  Last edited by HotRod; 12-06-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Just for the sake of keeping my undefendable position going, it is the jelqing motion that pushes additional blood over and beyond what is normally found in the cs and cc. I understand the need for warming up prior to stretching since you aren't moving blood but pulling on tissue, but adding blood to cells prior to jelqing doesn't seem to me to add any benefit. Increasing blood flow prior to jelqing seems to be a repetitive thing, since the jelqing itself will add that blood.

Discoloration is a natural by product of PE, if you do PE, your pecker color is probably going to darken. The tunica is affected by jelqing, but not nearly to the degree it is when stretching. People have been doing PE since 1967? Couldn't have been too many, since Thunders Place has only been around since the late 90's I believe.

I was stretching without heating up, and wasn't gaining anything. I have been heating up for a few months now and still have barely gained any length. But I don't equate stretching to jelqing, and I will continue to warm up prior to stretching.

I would love for someone who wasn't gaining any girth and wasn't warming up, who then started warming up, and while doing the same routine started to gain girth, to jump in here and speak up. Or let's hear from someone who can directly pin point an injury gotten while jelqing that was due to not warming up, and not because he used an improper technique. You can warm the crap out of your thing - jelq too hard, jelq the glans, jelq while erect with an unconditioned penis, jelq for too long, etc., and you are going to cause damage.

I am a still a newbie, I have no medical training - so who gives a shit what I think? But I am approaching 6 1/2" MEG right now and my pecker is completely injury free. I seem to have defiled the warm up gods and all that is sacred in PE, and I am still standing. If I wasn't gaining, if I had injured myself, then to take the position I have would be truly stupid. But I have had some success and I know there are other guys out there who also are gaining girth without warming up, but people are afraid to speak up. I understand how important PE is to many of the guys here, especially the guys who are on the smaller side of the scale, and they absolutely should maximize their chances at having the penis they seek - but I am really just doing this for the fuck of it. My wife loves what I have, I am not going to go Tiger on her anytime soon, so I am doing this just to see if it works. If I didn't gain an inch in anything so be it. When I do my routines in PE I am as serious as I am when lifting, but I have not placed the same importance on it. I am also tired of 90% of the threads here always talking about the same basic stuff, and would like to see some in depth real exchange of ideas on things that are important, rather than the 1000 "How do you like my routine", threads.
                    rbi99
                    Retired Moderator
                    Member of the Month Nov 2017
                    PEGym Hero
                    Last edited by rbi99; 12-07-2009, 07:07 AM.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                    Heated Bundled LAS
                    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

you got lucky by not injuring yourself. Using the same jelqstroke

chance of injury with warming up = X
                      chance of injury w/out warm up = X + 50%

not exact figures, but we can't go preaching NO WARMUP WORKS to newbies

Comment

LOL plus I don't think they had internet in 1967

Comment

I don't think there is any data showing that not warming up prior to jelqing increases the chance of injury. People are assuming that it might. People are putting the fear of god in PE'ers with these dire predictions that they will injure their unit if they don't warm up first. Warming up might very well increase gains, that is not what I am contending, but where is the proof that it lessens the chance of injury? If we don't have real live examples of injuries occurring, then why say it? Suggest it as a potential preventative measure, but quit saying you will greatly increase your chances of injury if you don't. Again, I don't believe that I am the exception to the rule or that I am an accident waiting to happen. Six hundred plus jelqs in numerous routines without any injury is a real life example in my argument, and I am still waiting for real time examples showing that not warming up caused an injury. A while back I did an experiment regarding flaccid pull length before and after warming up https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theo...xperiment.html, I was hoping others would try other methods and lengths of time to see what their results were - but no one even responded to my thread. This would have been a great example of the potential for warming up vs not. I thought for sure at least a few people would have tried and added their results, but no one did.

Why all my fuss about this? Because I still do my PE privately, and have not talked about it with my wife. While the rice sock is great compared to turning the faucet on and off ten times while heating a cloth, or standing in a shower for an extra half an hour, it is the hardest part of PE for me to do discretely. If I am risking injury than I am a fool, but if all I am doing is lessening my gains a little, I can live with that. Before I am burned at the stake, "show me the money".

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                          Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                          Heated Bundled LAS
                          Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Well, rbi99 are you through with your rant now? What do you want us, the PE community to
                            do? We cannot provide you with the proof that you seem to be demanding.

Are you going to continue this tirade of; "This hasn't hurt me, so I am right and everybody else is wrong?" You have defiantly made your point in your posts, now stop.
                            The benefits of warming up have been discussed for years on these and other boards. The consensus has been, that warming before exercising the penis is a good thing. If you choose not to do this, at least don't try to dissuade those that are trying to take the advice of members that have been doing trial and error ground work penis enlargement, for many years.

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
                              Why all my fuss about this? Because I still do my PE privately, and have not talked about it with my wife. While the rice sock is great compared to turning the faucet on and off ten times while heating a cloth, or standing in a shower for an extra half an hour, it is the hardest part of PE for me to do discretely. If I am risking injury than I am a fool, but if all I am doing is lessening my gains a little, I can live with that. Before I am burned at the stake, "show me the money".

I don't know, man. I won't set you ablaze. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to protect your privacy. I won't try to tell you not to do PE without warming up. You seem to be having success that you're happy with. I'm just going with what feels best in my experience, and with what others have been doing for many years with a good rational basis behind it.

Comment

Working...
                              X