Double Standards in the NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Standards in the NFL?

Roger Goodell is a joke. I'm so sick of this moron. He is ruining my beloved game. I hardly want to watch football anymore. No longer are defences something to fear, they are something to fine and penalize for stupid things.
    I'm gonna use the Steelers as an example because I know the most about them and he seems to be picking on them the most.
    James Harrison gets fine $75,000 for a legal hit that was not penalized.
    The hit on Hines Ward (cheap shot) by James Sanders was not fined.
    Lamaar Woodley barely shoves that little slut that is Tom Brady and gets fined $12,500.
    Ben Roethlisberger gets suspended for 6 games (reduced to 4) for ALLEGIDLY raping a girl who was far to wasted to remember a thing. Charges never brought up. Vince Young punches someone in the face on camera and gets nothing.
    Richard Seymore punched Big Ben in the face and knocked him on his ass. $25,000 fine. Did I mention that was after the whistle blew? Yeah, he got ejected... not like he shouldn't be suspended. He has done things like this numerous times before.

Anyway, I needed to get that off my chest. I am glad there is gonna be a lockout next year. Get Goodell's stupid fucking ass out of there and put someone in there who has some fucking brains and common fucking sense.
    Passionately Pissed,
    -NP
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Okay tell us how you really feel! Don't sugar coat it this time!
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

What Seymour did was nothing close to this ... which received no fine and no ejection ....

YouTube - James Harrison Debo's Aaron Francisco

Besides, Big Ben also had it coming taunting Seymour before being hit . Not that it was ok but emotions run high during competition.
      Size Gained As Of Dec 16
      BPEL: .5"
      EG: .25"

Future Success Story

Comment

Do they already do a sin bin, which would put their team 1 man down for 10-15 mins?

On the program I watch, I saw that some players are deliberately making hits with their head/helmet without trying to use their arms.
        Vulcan
        7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
        5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Actually Ben didn't taunt him, he was getting his teammates' attention.
          That Harrison thing was ridiculous. Would have gotten MVP of the SB if not for that. I really laughed at it when it happened. He did get a penalty though...

I dunno... it just seems like the NFL (Goodell) is abusing their power. There isn't much to do in Pittsburgh... Our Steelers, Penguins, and (kinda) Pirates do mean a lot to us... as do our near-pro NCAAA Basket Ball team. (Go Panthers)
          How come the guy who destroyed Austin Collie didn't get fined?

Comment

I think Harrison is a sleaze bag outside of the field. But on the field I think that he is a great player, albeit he does seek the kill shot. And I believe that the kill shot isn't necessary unless you're losing, badly. I think that the League imposing these fines is... Mixed to my own personal taste.. Having played the glorious game of football for 5 long years and never receiving and official concussion, I think it is a good thing they are looking out for the players, but on the flipside... How much longer of this shit do we have to take? Quarterbacks can't be tackled lower than the knees because pussboy Tom Brady got a busted up knee? Pretty soon, tackles will take a new nature and the pros will just be playing two hand touch.
            It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
            Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

Because there is already a structured fine system in place for fighting. 10k for the first time, 25k for the 2nd time. It may be revisited, but that was already in place when Seymour hit Ben. The illegal hit stuff is still young in the way they are looking at it. They didn't get Sanders for the same reason they didn't get the guy who concussed Austin Collie. The hit resulting in the helmet to helmet contact came from the 2nd defender coming in, after initial contact, where the 2nd defender did not attempt to launch into the receiver. In a sense they are calling it "accidental" and are not fining for it.
              Starting: 4/1/10 - bpel 6.00 x 5.00 meg
              Current: 4/1/12 - bpel 7.30 x 5.20 meg, bpfsl 8.10
              Final Goal - bpel 7.75 x 5.75 meg
              If you just read this, do 10 quick kegels

Comment

Originally posted by millia View Post
                I think Harrison is a sleaze bag outside of the field. But on the field I think that he is a great player, albeit he does seek the kill shot. And I believe that the kill shot isn't necessary unless you're losing, badly. I think that the League imposing these fines is... Mixed to my own personal taste.. Having played the glorious game of football for 5 long years and never receiving and official concussion, I think it is a good thing they are looking out for the players, but on the flipside... How much longer of this shit do we have to take? Quarterbacks can't be tackled lower than the knees because pussboy Tom Brady got a busted up knee? Pretty soon, tackles will take a new nature and the pros will just be playing two hand touch.
                I played on every level. I had one concussion. In high school. Went to the wrong sideline. Was in a fog. Not sure when I was supposed to be on the field. Don't remember being on the field. Apparently I passed out at half time, all I remember was coming to with smelling salts in my face. The game on the NFL level is played at such an amazing speed, that last minute movements by players cannot be accounted for and result in some of these illegal hits. The head hunting needs to be cleaned up, and a lot of the stuff on QB's is just stupid. They're football players too. They should be able to be treated as such.

The biggest problem with the new helmet hit rules is people will overcompensate to go low, and you will see more blown knees.
                Starting: 4/1/10 - bpel 6.00 x 5.00 meg
                Current: 4/1/12 - bpel 7.30 x 5.20 meg, bpfsl 8.10
                Final Goal - bpel 7.75 x 5.75 meg
                If you just read this, do 10 quick kegels

Comment

Actually I have met James Harrison a few times. He is a really nice guy actually. Met a few of them Steelers. Some not on the team still, others still with us...
                  Know Cowher and his family pretty well... talked to Chris Hoke, joked around with Brett Keisel, talked to Ward at a gas station, talked to Ben when I bumped into him at the liquor store (lol, I know), met Bettis a few times, sat behind Franco Harris at a game and we BS'd a bit during half time, held Troy Polamolu up when he went crowd surfing during the parade (awesome), sat next to Jeff Reed during a Pens playoff game and we shot the shit, Dan Kreider is a good dude... gave me a $20 tip for cleaning his car good, talked to Nate Washington a bit after training camp, met Mel Blount, and I helped fuck up Tommy Maddux's house when he sucked ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Stretch Armstrong View Post
                    I played on every level. I had one concussion. In high school. Went to the wrong sideline. Was in a fog. Not sure when I was supposed to be on the field. Don't remember being on the field. Apparently I passed out at half time, all I remember was coming to with smelling salts in my face. The game on the NFL level is played at such an amazing speed, that last minute movements by players cannot be accounted for and result in some of these illegal hits. The head hunting needs to be cleaned up, and a lot of the stuff on QB's is just stupid. They're football players too. They should be able to be treated as such.

The biggest problem with the new helmet hit rules is people will overcompensate to go low, and you will see more blown knees.
                    I had a minor undiagnosed one in high school. Just had a slight headache the next day... Then I went to a friends house and smoked weed, and lord... My brain felt like it was compressing onto itself.. Went home and no idea what happened, just woke up the next day high as balls.

I head hunted in high school when I played on the o-line (it's not easy to do that) and I always used to lead with my head.. Before football I had minor memory issues, now I can barely remember shit I do on a daily basis.
                    It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
                    Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

I had two of them playing ball and my first coach told me to "walk it of". Tooks years of study and I still haven't figured out how to walk off a concussion!
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I don't think they found a happy medium yet when it comes to the defensive side of the ball and what is ok and what isn't. But they definitely have been neglecting some changes needed made on the offensive side of the ball. Definitely aren't treating each equal. Those damn blocks to the knee caps need to go. RB lowering their head and using them as a weapon is deadly as well.
                        Size Gained As Of Dec 16
                        BPEL: .5"
                        EG: .25"

Future Success Story

Comment

Just seems like the NFL is becoming far too offensive minded.

Comment

Working...
                          X