Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nausea from zinc pill

Hi guys,

I'm using a new additive to supply me with zinc each morning, but 5 minutes after taking it I get really nauseous for 5-10 minutes. It's 22,5mg zinc (picanolate), 138mg calcium and 0,8 Cu. I take it after my breakfast. Anyone else has this problem, and/or knows the solution. Don't feel like getting cold sweat every morning.

Cheers,

Johnny B
    Visit my log!

22.5mg Zinc, or 225mg Zinc? How much Zinc are you getting elsewhere in the diet? Zinc is actually toxic to humans and can cause problems if taken in high enough dosages; it's RDA is so low for just that reason.

Comment

Now let's use comon sense. If it makes you sick what do you think you're body is telling you?
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Always eat before taking in micro-nutrients, especially with minerals. Zinc is known for getting people sick when taken on an empty stomach.

Comment

Exactly what Bryan said...zinc should be taken with food unless it's in lozenge form, even then it's suggested to be taken with a meal.
          Starting:9-8-2011
          BPEL: 8 in.
          MEG: 6.25 in.
          BPFL: 6.5 in.
          FL: 5.5 in.
          BPFLS: 9 in>(!!)

11-3-2011:
          BPEL: 8.562 in. (8+9/16)
          MEG: 6.375 in.
          NBPEL: 7.75

http://mraverage.com/sizer.php

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Butt View Post
            Hi guys,

I'm using a new additive to supply me with zinc each morning, but 5 minutes after taking it I get really nauseous for 5-10 minutes. It's 22,5mg zinc (picanolate), 138mg calcium and 0,8 Cu. I take it after my breakfast. Anyone else has this problem, and/or knows the solution. Don't feel like getting cold sweat every morning.

Cheers,

Johnny B

Originally posted by BryanS View Post
            Always eat before taking in micro-nutrients, especially with minerals. Zinc is known for getting people sick when taken on an empty stomach.

Comment

What do you eat for breakfast? What type of Zinc is it (such as zinc oxide, etc), and are there any additives (check ingredients)?

Comment

Originally posted by BryanS View Post
                What type of Zinc is it (such as zinc oxide, etc), and are there any additives (check ingredients)?
                what ??? Please read his first post ...

Comment

Originally posted by Corky View Post
                  what ??? Please read his first post ...
                  More people should read what I posted. I took 22 point 5 mg of zinc picanolate, after my breakfast which means when there is food in my stomach. So I didn't take 225mg of zinc oxide on an empty stomach people...
                  Visit my log!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Butt View Post
                    More people should read what I posted. I took 22 point 5 mg of zinc picanolate, after my breakfast which means when there is food in my stomach. So I didn't take 225mg of zinc oxide on an empty stomach people...
                    That's why I asked. A comma doesn't mean point in the US, so I wasn't sure if it was a typo in 225 or you're from Europe and meant 22 and a half.

Comment

Oh I'm sorry. Anyway, still didn't got an answer on my question. Why does it make me nauseous when a multi vitamin pill with 15mg Zn doesn't. So maybe it's the picanolate or something?
                      Visit my log!

Comment

Thats been my problem lately, ive been taking it on an empty stomach

Comment

Uhm, that still doesn't tell if there were additives or what he ate. Eating a bowl of cereal or a banana or a gronal bar is very different than eating a full meal with plenty of calories or fats in it.

Comment

Good point. I tried taking the pill after eating a big pizza, and didn't felt any discomfort. So from now on, I will take it with a hot meal.

Cheers,

JB
                            Visit my log!

Comment

If you're young and healthy, chances are you don't need more than 15mg of total zinc a day from a supplement.

Comment

Working...
                              X