X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growers And Show-ers

Growers And Show-ers
    by Paul A.

You’ve probably heard this joke before. It’s been around for a while and it even found its way into a scene from Kinsey, with Liam Neeson telling the joke. It goes like this:
    A professor stands in front of a class and asks an anatomy student what organ in the human body expands to ten times its normal size when excited. The blushing and flustered student responds that it’s inappropriate for the professor to be asking her such questions, to which the professor replies, with a glint of mirth; “Well we’ve learned three things so far.
    1. You’ve got a lot to learn about the human anatomy – I was referring of course to the iris of the human eye.
    2. You’ve got a dirty mind, and
    3. You’re likely to be very disappointed."

When I first heard the joke, I laughed. Putting aside the annoying smugness of the professor, it is funny. But it got me to thinking. Take me at my smallest; by putting me on drugs that inhibit circulation (tobacco’s a good start), sending me to do some strenuous cardiovascular activity and then throwing me in a pool of freezing water. Then - if I’m still alive - measure my manhood. Then compare that with my dick at the peak of its raging, tumescent glory (few and far between these days, I’ll admit) and I would bet... I would bet my favorite guitar (Gretsch 6120 - Chet Atkins, it’s a beaut!), that the volume - we’re talking three dimensions here - of my peak erection, is more than ten-times the volume of my shriveled nub at it’s smallest. Now, just to make one thing clear, my guitar is not in peril, as I’m not going to hurl myself into a freezing pool, let alone with a ruler and measuring tape close at hand. I only mention it to demonstrate my confidence in my assertion and to illustrate a point; there are two types of men in this world: Growers and Show-ers. And I’m a fully paid-up member of Growers Anonymous - my name is Paul and I’m a grower.

Now, when I say there are two types, it would probably be more accurate to say there is a spectrum between the two types. Not all guys who have long flaccid dicks are show-ers, some of them are growers too. They just have really big schlongs. The converse is also true. Some guys are small when flaccid and erect. What we can say with certainty is that there is a far greater variation in size between flaccid dicks than there is between erect dicks. Let me put it another way; penis sizes tend to converge in size when erect. I could get into all the statistical devices – standard deviations, co-efficients of variation, etc. But that would bore me almost as much as it would you. Luckily, we don’t need to, because we’ve got a scattergram.
    http://altpenis.com/penis_news/img/g...rs_scatter.gif
    Now, for anyone who’s never seen one before, a scattergram is a graphic representation of every measurement taken of two variables, in this case flaccid penis length and percent increase in length when erect. The great thing about scattergrams is that, at a glance, you can easily detect patterns that would otherwise take a team of statisticians to tease out and explain. The clumsily drawn red line represents the average length of the American penis (16 cm, or 6.25 inches for you imperial measurement types). Every dot on the right side of the red line is larger than average. The closer you are to the top right corner, the bigger your dick.

The closer you are to the bottom left... well, sorry Bub. Show-ers tend to the top left, growers to the bottom right. Several trends are immediately clear. More men are show-ers than growers. Most of the dots are clustered around the 90 mm (3.5 inches for you anti-metric luddites) flaccid measurement which, surprise, surprise is the average flaccid length. It’s also evident that the dots tend to be distributed along the red line. This is the convergence I was talking about. Whatever the flaccid measurement, cocks when erect tend to average out at around 6 inches. That said there are also many men scattered towards the extreme, particularly on the lower right (the growers).

But do any of them grow to over ten-times their original size? I’ve taken several measurements over the last few days and I regret to admit that even at my teensiest, I’m still over 50 mm. I’m right on (as opposed to the right of… sigh) the red line, so that puts me at a 300 percent increase in length. I’ve also made an accounting of my girth and the percent increase there is just over 160. Now I’ve just put this through a back of the napkin calculation (ok, ok, a calculator actually) and unless I jump in a cold pond, I’m in danger of losing my Gretsch. But it’s close, very close, in fact.

The factor increase in personal dick volume pre-cold dip is 8.51. Which rounded off is 9, which is, um, almost 10 (pre-cold dip, remember). And that’s just me. As is evident from the scattergram, there are guys who are even bigger growers. Some guy who is literally hung like a thimble (40mm or 1.5 inches) is bigger than me when erect. What organ can grow to more than ten times its normal size? It ain’t just the iris, professor.
    Now, why, you might well ask, is there this variation in flaccid length?

Why are there growers and show-ers? The answer is clearly genetic and I think lies with cold weather adaptation. Men from warmer climates, particularly African men, tend to be show-ers. And why not! If you’ve got it – flaunt it, baby. But if you’re from a cold climate, like in Europe, you’ve got more than showing off your wares to consider. The more distal the body part (all the parts that help you count to 21), the more vulnerable it is to frostbite. That’s why your dick shrivels like a shar-paige when you step out of a cold pool. And under ice age conditions, it’s easy to see how the grower gene would spread. The women may have all laughed at the poor grower with his shriveled-up little dick, but after the hunting party was caught in a few blizzards, he was the only guy left with a dick.

So, if you’re a grower, where does this leave you? You carry with you the proud legacy of your stubby dicked ancestors, but what do you do when you’re surrounded by a bunch of show-ers in the showers. Well, not much I’m afraid. You can jump up and down all you like about how it gets as big as your forearm but short of... well... showing them, you’re just gonna have to take your satisfaction in knowing that if you happened to bed the girl from the anatomy class, she wouldn’t be disappointed at all.

Related articles:
    Penis Size Strictly A Male Concern
    Fear, Loathing And The Little Bitty Penis
    What's Average?

Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Good article, Big Al. Thanks for sharing!
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I use to be a grower less than 2". Now I am a shower 6" and more sometimes. I do turtle up to 4" sometimes. I think it is all about diet and nutrition. Nutrition changes genetics a great deal. This is a new consesnsus in the medical field. A bold and daring statement by some doctor I forget the name on TV the other day said. Diet and exercise changes genetics a great deal. So you are not the sum of your parts. But the sum of your parts is cleary dependant on what you put in your cave. (mouth) and what comes out of your snot locker (nose).
      kingpole
      Retired Moderator
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by kingpole; 03-17-2009, 09:58 PM.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Funny article!! Well written. Thanks, Al.

Comment

Thanks for thevery informative article BIG al
          March 4, 2009 BPEL5.25xEG4.5
          Short Tem Goal 6.5 x 5.5
          Long Term Goal 7x6 NBPL:D
          No specific target, no length and girth just a 100% EQ and a enjoyable session^^ but gains will be welcome :P

Comment

Always enjoy Paul A's writings. Any chance we could find out a little bit more about him?
            You going to post this at BetterMan? I know it would be appreciated over there. Thanks for sharing AJ.

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Very interesting post. I am a grower myself and am sometimes embarrassed by how small it is when flaccid. However like you mine really blows up once the action gets going. One of my main goals of PE is to get a longer flaccid state if thats possible. I feel adequate when hard but when I am soft and flaccid I wouldnt want anyone to get that as their first impression. anyway thanks for the info. I sware mine grows more then 10x too
              The New Beginning (12/3/2010) Weight = 241 ( - 9lbs)
              BPEL = 6 5/8 EL = 5.5 FL = 3 6/8 4 1/8(after warming) FG = 4 1/2 4 6/8 (after warming) BPFLS = 6 3/4
              BEG (1 in above base ) = 5 6/8 MEG = 5 3/8 HEG = 4 6/8

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                Growers And Show-ers
                [FONT=Verdana,][SIZE=1]

Why are there growers and show-ers? The answer is clearly genetic and I think lies with cold weather adaptation. Men from warmer climates, particularly African men, tend to be show-ers. And why not! If you’ve got it – flaunt it, baby. But if you’re from a cold climate, like in Europe, you’ve got more than showing off your wares to consider. The more distal the body part (all the parts that help you count to 21), the more vulnerable it is to frostbite. That’s why your dick shrivels like a shar-paige when you step out of a cold pool. And under ice age conditions, it’s easy to see how the grower gene would spread. The women may have all laughed at the poor grower with his shriveled-up little dick, but after the hunting party was caught in a few blizzards, he was the only guy left with a dick.
                AJ, this was a truly fascinating post; thanks for bringing it to us. I was particularly interested in the genetic hypothesis about turtling and geography. My heritage is Scandinavian and the turtling effect definitely applies to me. I'm currently 5.75" flaccid (up from 4.5" when I started PE two months ago) but I'm almost perpetually turtled up at 4". I'm hoping to change the turtling effect while I score some erect length gains. Patience in this practice is the real virtue.

Comment

Big Al,You deserve a hug
                  Great post.
                  Start:2008-10-4
                  Reborn Alpha Male
                  BPFSL (18")
                  FG (10 cm )
                  BPEL ( 23 cm)
                  MEG (15 cm)
                  ----
                  EQ (~ 8)

Comment

I am a grower, even once my gal said, "I thought you would never go past this size..."She showed me around 4.5 inches at her hand since my flaccid is about 2.5 to 3"..... but wow!! I grow to past 6 all time. I am not complaining
                    **Even the longest journey begins with a single, small, significant step**

Comment

Originally posted by C.Phantasy View Post
                      Big Al,You deserve a hug
                      Great post.
                      Thank you
                      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Working...
                      X