This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick.net is hacked or gone?

Since a lot of PEGym'ers are also members of Dick.net, I thought I would start a thread about what might be going on with that site. I hope this is not a conflict of interest for PEGym's owner, since so many of us are or were members of both sites. I just thought people would be interested in knowing, and perhaps others have more information as it develops.

Two days ago, if you tried to go to, or sign in a Dick.net you were redirected to a YouTube video of an extra-large, manic, man recording "his last visit" with, apparently his mental health doctor. It was accusational, and seemed like a confrontation, but mostly a garbled mess.

You could try every which way of getting to Dick.net’s sign-in page, to no avail, always redirecting to the incomprehensible video.

People started leaving angry comments on it, assuming this guy had just hacked the site to get attention for his YouTube channel, and his "new career as a visionary entertainer."

As the angry comments piled up, others noticed that if you expanded the video's "About" to see all the info the poster had written about the video, it included info about how we could support his new career, including a long list of domain names that he is selling, which included Dick.net and RateARod. Not good news for the members, especially those that paid for VIP status.

Many more messages ensued, especially from people who frequented the busy chat/cam room there, exchanging contact info, lamenting, and more angry messages, now assuming that this character was most likely "Dick Hunter", the infamously inattentive owner of Dick.net and RateARod.

Speculation ensued with possible scenarios: The dude went off his meds, and off his rocker, and pulled the plug on dick.net on his way out? Maybe he has it all backed up, and really is trying to sell it intact? Or, wiped it clean just to sell the domain name?

Today, the video was removed along with his YouTube channel... I'm imagining YouTube got hundreds of complaints about it, but perhaps he removed them himself. How he would be promoting the sale of his domains is anyone guess. And, why he would kill it just to sell the name seems completely insane and sociopathic.

So, my guess is that it is gone. A sad conclusion of a thriving community with a few thousand very active members. A single owner destroys a whole community and all their profile's content, pics, videos, blogs, and worst of all, their “Friend” connections, once again.

Respect to the owner here who shares administrative duties, and always has a sharp panel of Moderators here!

A/B
    actionbuddy
    Last edited by actionbuddy; 07-17-2014, 11:40 AM.

Damn, that is awful!! *Shudders at the thought of that happening to the Gym!
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Not as long as JP is around, i promise you that.
      Cause I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite :boxing::aikido:

Got nine lives...used six already!! :angel:

Comment

they were hosted through godaddy at ip 184.168.221.21
        However, they are not there now.
        Either the site was hijacked and users are redirected to some youtube site, or there is/was some other DNS problem.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Not heard of the site before but it is very sad.

Comment

Thanks, Dangler, I didn't know that Dick.net was hosted by GoDaddy... And, didn't know what "DNS problems" meant until I just Googled it... lol ... I'm assuming that the owner went nuts and pulled the plug on it, not caring. How the heck did you find the IP address and that they aren't hosted on GoDaddy anymore?

A/B

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              Not heard of the site before but it is very sad.
              There are a lot of people bewildered by the situation, some of them quite upset because it was a storage place for their personal writing, etc... It was more than just another "dick gawking" site. I made quite a few friends from there that are some of my best and most caring. Luckily we exchanged addresses, phone numbers, etc.

To quote one comment on the awful video that we got redirected to:

"It would have been nice to at least been given notice so we could collect our things, and say goodbye."

A/B
              actionbuddy
              Last edited by actionbuddy; 07-17-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

The latest message says site not available so perhaps it may re-appear. i hope so

Comment

Hi Moryak (Welcome to PEGym!)... That is the message you get if you try to sign in on the phone app, but the sign-in page still takes you to a YouTube video that has been taken down.

I wish I were as optimistic as you, but, I really doubt that dicknet will re-appear, at least intact as it was. I think the owner really did pull the plug on it, because he is a nut case, and for the last 3 years became more and more irresponsible to the site. Several of us offered to take over administrative duties, tech support and forum Moderation, to no avail. He never even responded to us.

He clearly stated that the domain name was for sale, in the fine print under the video the we were originally direct to.

And, yet, this website says it is up but has changed it's URL... Weird!:

Is Dick.net Down Right Now? - Dick.net not working

Maybe there is hope yet?

A/B

Comment

I have heard of hair net, butterfly net, fishnet, volleyball net, badminton net and even ping pong net but I have never heard of dick.net
                    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

This is the first time I have heard of dick.net as well. I guess someone from the community could buy the domain and try their best to resurrect the site and get it into working order. I hope it works out for that website.
                      Aiming for a bigger, healthier willy!

Golf's progress log
                      Start of PE (16.7.2013)
                      BPEL: 6.75" MSEG: 5.25"
                      Current (16.1.2019)
                      BPEL: 18.7 cm MSEG: 13.5 cm

Foreskin regeneration is a possible way to undo circumcision

Comment

Well, BigO, many thousands of people had heard of it, and registered as members, and went there nearly daily!... It began as RateARod.com, and then added forums and profiles, and re-birthed as Dick.net... while keeping RateARod as a, I don't know what to call it, another section?... that had a life of it's own with 1,000's of people checking it, and voting on it every day. I didn't participate in that, 'cause I think it is kinda mean-spirited and a waste of time. I even know of women (former co-workers), who would go to RateARod on their lunch breaks!

Anyway, just because you hadn't heard of it, doesn't mean it wasn't an important site to a lot of people. S'pose you've never heard of LPSG.com either?... lol

A/B
                        actionbuddy
                        Last edited by actionbuddy; 07-19-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

I was on dick.net daily, and had loads of fun on there. Sad if it doesn't re-appear. As someone said, I'd made loads of contacts on there, which I will have lost

Comment

Originally posted by actionbuddy View Post
                            Well, BigO, many thousands of people had heard of it, and registered as members, and went there nearly daily!... It began as RateARod.com, and then added forums and profiles, and re-birthed as Dick.net... while keeping RateARod as a, I don't know what to call it, another section?... that had a life of it's own with 1,000's of people checking it, and voting on it every day. I didn't participate in that, 'cause I think it is kinda mean-spirited and a waste of time. I even know of women (former co-workers), who would go to RateARod on their lunch breaks!

Anyway, just because you hadn't heard of it, doesn't mean it wasn't an important site to a lot of people. S'pose you've never heard of LPSG.com either?... lol

A/B
                            Ummm lspg is not univresally well regarded.
                            Pegasus
                            Administrator
                            PE Gym Editor
                            PEGym Hero
                            Admin of the Month Mar 2015
                            Last edited by Pegasus; 07-19-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I didn't say it was, Pegasus, but, it is another large, busy cock oriented site, like Dicknet was, that many men on sites like this one have heard of.

Whether or not someone else hasn't heard of a site, or a book or a TV series, does not devalue it for those that appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X