JP90: Strange Ligament Pop with Manual Stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP90: Strange Ligament Pop with Manual Stretching

Hey guys, I am 2 weeks in, and I was getting ready to stretch to start the 1st day of my 3rd week. As I'm doing helicopters, I realize that when my penis is stretched to the right/down, something kind of pops in my groin area (right around the BASE of my penis). It doesn't make any noise, but you kind of just see it pop up and back in for a second. I think it might be a loose ligament or something? I don't know if this was smart or not, but I just continued stretching every way (except down) without any pain. Even when I do stretch it down, it is just a BIT painful, but I guess it just doesn't feel right. I also went on and did my jelqs and v jelqs without any pain or discomfort. Do you guys have any idea what the injury could be?

Were you sore after your workout? Is there any bruising or swelling?
    My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Nope not sore, no bruising or swelling. I actually just finished about 20 minutes ago and even edged for a little bit after. It's weird, if I stretch it down I will feel it and see the "pop". Is this something completely new?

Comment

Let's see what others say.

Comment

Don't sweat it.. it's similar to this

What causes the noise when you crack a joint? (Everyday Mysteries: Fun Science Facts from the Library of Congress)

Movement of joints, tendons and ligaments: When a joint moves, the tendon’s position changes and moves slightly out of place. You may hear a snapping sound as the tendon returns to its original position. In addition, your ligaments may tighten as you move your joints. This commonly occurs in your knee or ankle, and can make a cracking sound.

Basically your ligament popped back into it's original place and you felt/heard it. It's a little sore because you are stretching it. Helicopters do this to me too. You didn't injure anything but you might be close to it. You need to slow down a little and be less aggressive with helicopters.
          Stretch Armstrong
          Last edited by Stretch Armstrong; 09-27-2010, 11:27 PM.
          Starting: 4/1/10 - bpel 6.00 x 5.00 meg
          Current: 4/1/12 - bpel 7.30 x 5.20 meg, bpfsl 8.10
          Final Goal - bpel 7.75 x 5.75 meg
          If you just read this, do 10 quick kegels

Comment

This sounds like good advice ^ ^ ^

Comment

Ahh, thanks alot man, really does make me feel better. But should I avoid stretching in that direction and just heat the exact area for about a week? I feel as though I can still continue on with the rest of my routine, and I am too determined to stop )

Although I couldn't help it any longer and measured today just after 2 weeks of training when I was supposed to wait a month, and I was really sad when I realized I haven't made any gains

Comment

Just make sure you don't do anything that causes pain like that--otherwise, you'll be aggravating the injury.

If you can't PE without pain, you need to take a break. I just took a 6 day break due to a 'minor' injury which took a while to heal... I'll probably start again tonight or tomorrow with my routine...

Err on the side of caution. It's not worth causing a bigger injury; that will set you back far more than taking a few days off or doing a few less sets, or using a little less force.

Comment

hey man dont sweat it, its gonna take time for gains. dont measure to often thats how a lot of us lose motivation and panic into injuries. i know from experience. luckily i came to my senses before it was to late.
                  Starting 2/16/2010
                  Current NBPEL: 7.1" Girth below glans 5.0", MSEG 4.75"(+25), BEG:5.75"(+25")
                  Short term goal NBPEL 7-7.5'', EG 5.5
                  Long term EG 6''

Comment

I changed the title of this thread from:

this:
                    Ahhh injury?!

to this:
                    JP90: Strange Ligament Pop with Manual Stretching

And I moved it from the beginner's forum to the injury forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X