Whey protein and penis growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whey protein and penis growth?

Because your penis is a muscle, will taking protein supplements such as whey protein help build up the muscle after the exercises?

The penis is composed of vascular bodies, fascia and "smooth muscle". While protein is essential for muscle maintainance, repair and hypertrophy, excess protein does not equal extra muscle growth. The amount of protein needed to maintain and repair the tissues of the penis is more than provided for with an adequate diet in my opinion.

Whey protein and garlic increases testosterone in rats though...mind you it seems everything increases testosterone in rats.

Comment

Protein is broken down into amino acids for use at the cellular level. The cells can,t tell nor do they care what the source is, as long as there is enough of the right kinds of amino acids to get the job done. I agree with Phallic1 above, a healthy diet is all your likely going to need, unless your going to start pumping iron to become a real beefcake. As far as myself I don't get along well with whey, gives me gas.
      Unit
      Retired Moderator
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by Unit; 11-29-2010, 07:58 PM.
      ​The enemy of good is not bad
      The enemy of good is better

Comment

Good Whey Protein is loaded with tons of Amino Acids. After reading the supplement article on the different amino acids and how they affect recover, EQ, test and blood flow, I would assume that taking Whey protein daily is a great idea and would be beneficial to PE. However I think you would need several servings per day into to reap the benefits on the amino acids. A scoop here and there isn't enough or consistent enough to make a difference. I think gym rats would indirectly be aiding their PE quest by taking Whey in order to build new muscle mass.

Oddly enough, over the summer I was hitting gym extremely hard and dieting with Whey. During the time I got my best PE gains, but I was only a few months into my PE program so perhaps my gains were newbie gains. Maybe the Whey helped. Maybe not.

MD
        Mc Dong

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've been working out as well as PE so I'm taking 2 scoops of the whey protein each day, mostly for building new muscle mass and not my penis. But, I hope you're right Mc Dong and I gain while on Whey protein.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewPE View Post
            Because your penis is a muscle, will taking protein supplements such as whey protein help build up the muscle after the exercises?
            it's hardly a muscle.

Comment

I take whey protein regularly to enhance my gym workout. It certainly doesn't affect my PE negatively.

Any positive effect? yet to be observed.

I wouldn't take it just because of PE.
              AP90 member.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitaElevation View Post
                Protein is broken down into amino acids for use at the cellular level. The cells can,t tell nor do they care what the source is, as long as there is enough of the right kinds of amino acids to get the job done. I agree with Phallic1 above, a healthy diet is all your likely going to need, unless your going to start pumping iron to become a real beefcake. As far as myself I don't get along well with whey, gives me gas.
                Yeah, that's on point. I've been growing the same when I was on protein shakes compared to now in which I have stopped.

btw if you're drinking supplements with milk that's probably why you're getting gas. You could be lactose intolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by xflamex View Post
                  Yeah, that's on point. I've been growing the same when I was on protein shakes compared to now in which I have stopped.

btw if you're drinking supplements with milk that's probably why you're getting gas. You could be lactose intolerant.
                  True enough about lactose intolerance, I do take lactaid when subjecting myself to dairy products and it helps, (a lot).
                  ​The enemy of good is not bad
                  The enemy of good is better

Comment

Originally posted by Mc Dong View Post
                    I think gym rats would indirectly be aiding their PE quest by taking Whey in order to build new muscle mass.

Oddly enough, over the summer I was hitting gym extremely hard and dieting with Whey. During the time I got my best PE gains, but I was only a few months into my PE program so perhaps my gains were newbie gains. Maybe the Whey helped. Maybe not.

MD
                    That's good to hear. I've been lifting weights and using protein shakes everyday for months now but have only started with the extender in the past two weeks. I never goto a gym since that costs more money than college but there's plenty of bench work to be done at home and elsewhere...

Comment

Working...
                    X