Premature Ejaculation, Delayed Ejaculation, and Erectile Dysfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premature Ejaculation, Delayed Ejaculation, and Erectile Dysfunction

I know it seems contradictory, but I am suffering from all of the above. It seems to swing wildly between, some days I'll have to go for hours and work hard to be able to come (mostly unsuccessfully), yet others I can hardly bear any stimulation at all without ejaculating (with no or very mild orgasm). I once came without any stimulation at all whilst fingering my girlfriend.

I am on SSRI antidepressants (bipolar, whoop-di-fucking-do), which are well known for causing delayed orgasm and sexual problems, so that is no mystery (it can even be misinterpreted as stamina, which is useful). I imagine the ED is linked to that, but the premature ejaculation is a new one, and it is incredibly frustrating. I seem to have quite a long refractory period, which makes sex a brief and disappointing orgasm, then a lot of waiting, then half-a-hard-on that just can't summon the will to stay up. I never know quite which problem I'll have on any day.

I am a 23 year old (even though I write like an old man) male (duh), in relatively good health (if a smidgen over-weight), and it does concern me (I should stop using parentheses now) that this is happening to me so early in my life. It's taken me years to get a girlfriend and a sex life, and although she is wonderfully understanding and fantastic in all ways possible, this does affect her, as she often has trouble climaxing as it is. This is probably a lot to do with our inexperience, but it would be much easier to learn if the educational equipment were working properly.

Any help would be appreciated, particularly if it was in the form of a magical pill that would solve all these problems, plus give me a six pack, double my penis size, and gift me the power of flight. Alternatively, advice on the myriad of creams and supplements available to us gullible men would be appreciated. Or just some old fashioned exercises that I can repeatedly forget to do.

Cheers, and thanks in advance

Hey McScoutie

That's a lot to deal with for sure. You are right in that certain anti-depressants can cause issues such as ED and Libido problems. Which one are you on? It may be worth having an honest chat with your doctor about alternatives to that before you start taking more pills.

I can certainly recommend delay products which I've found work well. But the problem is if you don't know whether a particular session will result in PE, ED or taking forever then you might make things worse if you take the wrong kind of aid.

With so much complexity in your circumstances I would really start with a closer look at the first thing you are taking before adding more to the mix. I know that anti-depressants are horrible to start coming off and changing, so it's a personal decision if you're willing to consider alternatives. If you haven't done already. Tell us a bit more and maybe there will be other ideas come your way.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Alec.

Unfortunately, coming off the anti-depressants is not an option. I have been on many different ones since I was 13, and I've eventually settled on Cymbalta, and I'm not prepared to change it while it still works. Having occasional disappointing sex is much more preferable than serious depression. I am also on Buproprion/Wellbutrin, which is an atypical add-on anti-depressant. I forget the exact details, but the baseline is it not an SSRI and works differently, so it does not affect libido or create sexual dysfunction. In some cases it can and is used to combat the sexual dysfunction of SSRIs. Doesn't seem to do much for me though. I am also on Lamictin/Lamictol, which doesn't have impact of anything to do with sex. I do also have very mild high-blood pressure, for which I am proscribed a very mild dose of Lisinopril, although I haven't been on that for a few months. Oh, and I take Trazadone for insomnia, otherwise I won't sleep for days.

It is quite a lot, but it's a cocktail that works for me in all other respects, and I'm not keen on changing it. I have had these problems in my previous life of lonely masturbation, but it wasn't so much of a bother until now. The most urgent thing I want to sort out is the early ejaculation, then the erectile disfunction, then maybe the delayed orgasm. If you can recommend delay products for me, that would be great. At least then I have something in case I know I'm at that stage of my issues.

I would be hesitant to add more drugs to the mix, but am willing to if that is all that will work. Money is an issue though. I'm a student, so I don't proper health insurance.

Comment

I wish that in fact I could give you some magical pill, since it seems that the premature ejaculation is the least of your problems.

While I can do little to help you with your ED and DE (other to suggest you to try and repeatedly forget to do https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...asm-guide.html level 0 pelvic floor routine exercises, that should help at least a little bit with both ED and DE ).

As for the premature ejaculation, depending on how it actually occurs (just happens, or you feel a fluid build up and need to urinate, or you feel to much thight pressure, or to much spasms) there might be something more to be done. But you need to look into the process more deeply.

As with all the people with premature ejaculation edging for 20 or so minutes (if you can) will be a good tool for both progress and observation so that later on when you post the observations here other may better help.

Sometimes premature ejaculation is the cause of many things, other time premature ejaculation fixing may fix many other things so try not to give up.
        premE FAQ

Comment

Ok I understand the desire to stick with your medically advised anti-depressants and everything that comes with it. As I said before, that's between you and your doctor.

So you are left to deal with all the problems you have as best you can. As Minuteman said, whatever else you do, don't give up on the natural training techniques. Even if you do go down other roads, you can still dedicate time to the excellent techniques described on these forums.

But, to answer your actual request for products that can help, well you basically have 3 major options:

1. More pills - but you are already on anti-depressants, so I can't see how adding others would help. So I think that is probably not an option. Even Priligy (Dapoxetine) is an anti-depressant in type so I imagine your doctor would advise against using it. Otherwise you have 5-HTP supplements, but again they work on Serotonin so it would be adding more complexity to the mix. My opinion for what it's worth is to forget the idea of pills.

2. Benzocaine condoms, or just thicker than larger types. Look up Trojan (can't remember exact type), and Durex Performax. They may help if sensitivity is part of the problem.

3. Delay sprays, creams or gels. Within this category there is a huge range of choice. My opinion is that the best one so far is Promescent. But you say you are a student so that's probably not an option as it is really expensive. So you could try something like Stud100 which is much cheaper. But it only seems to work for some guys. You could test it out and see if you're lucky or not. Otherwise you have other options like China Brush, Super Dragon 6000, Tauro, Adam and Eve. They are basically pretty much the same in that they work by numbing your penis. Tauro and China Brush are natural - the others use topical anesthetics like Lidocaine or Benzocaine. It might take some experimenting to find the right one for you. Or you may find none of them work if your problem is not principally one of sensitivity.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up with these kind of products. Enter into them with an open-mind and experimental attitude and you may find they help. There is no real way of knowing how much success you'll have with them until you try them. My main worry is that if you have ED problems then numbing yourself may tip the balance from PE back towards ED. So I would also suggest being careful with how much you use these products and don't put too much on at first.

Hope that helps a little:-)
          Alec Phoenix
          Last edited by Alec Phoenix; 03-18-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

If you have ED, delay sprays or condoms will probably cause you to loose erection. I think if you fix your ED, premature ejaculation will get fixed.

Continuous use of SSRI makes you high in serotonin, and it lowers other hormones like dopamine, testosterone etc., through feedback mechanism and also increases the prolactin which causes ED. You better talk to your doctor and get your hormone levels checked and get some prescription.
            You can try taking L-Arginine, and Zinc, and Potassium supplements. You can also check https://www.pegym.com/forums/erectil...erections.html and try some herbs if you like.
            sameel
            Last edited by sameel; 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X