This is a quick report of my experience with an IPR-type routine that I had at the end of last year. Unfortunately, I feel that this particular routine has probably brought more questions than answers, which is due to my infrequent measuring -- I only measured twice, once before, once after. Thus, I recommend looking at the following with an open mind. I wouldn't suggest trying to imitate the following routine, rather look at it as a sample routine of how to combine IPR & Progressive Overload into a good routine with adequate rest.
I attribute my measuring -- or lack of measuring that is -- to:
- My measuring technique -- it takes me over an hour to measure (I measure at 3 separate times, at 5 different areas: BPEL, NBPEL, EGMS, EGB, EGG). In all actuality, my time is very limited, and the days that I should have measured were plagued with a big to-do list.
- The fact that I didn't think I was gaining all that much. Funny as it may sound, I know my favorite organ better than anyone, and I surely didn't think the routine was work. This, combined with the above, led to infrequent measuring.
Pre Conditioned Penis:
I followed a (re)newbie routine back in March of this year; this lasted about two months; 5 on, 2 off. I experienced no gains, but the main goal was penile health, not size.
Prior to the (re)newbie routine, I hadn't actively PEed in over a year. I had, however, PEed every once in a while for good penile health.
I took a 2.5 month break before starting the routine outlined below.
1 on, 2 off; always.
Warmed up for 5-10 minutes in the shower. I also typically did my stretches in the shower.
ADS consisted of 1-2 PE weights for 2-3 hours, and I always used an ADS after every workout day.
My routine was different from most IPR routines; partially by planning, partially by accident. The first phase -- the planned phase -- consisted of roughly 3 weeks. This could be considered a good routine all on it's own, whereas phase 2 -- the accident phase -- is a completely different IPR routine. Below is an approximate estimate of what I used for the first 3 weeks (phase 1):
Day 1 - 10 minutes of jelqing, 5 minutes of stretching (For phase 1, I also ballooned for 1-2 hours after each workout day)
Day 2 - ADS
Day 3 - ADS
Day 4 - 15 minutes of intense jelqing, 5 minutes of intense stretching (rotating stretches and side to side stretches -- stretching from L to R, L to R, holding each stretch for 2 seconds and switching to the other side), 60 JAI stretches.
Day 5 - ADS
Day 6 - ADS
Day 7 - 20 minutes jelqing (10 minutes jelqing, 5 minutes intense C-jelq, 5 minutes jelq & bend), 10 minutes stretching (at least 5 minutes of BTC stretching), roughly 5 minutes of O-bends.
Day 8 - ADS
Day 9 - ADS
Day 10 - 20 minutes jelqing (10 minutes jelqing, 5 minutes intense C-jelq, 5 minutes jelq & bend), 10 minutes stretching (BTC stretching, A stretching, and Double Stretching), 5 minutes Uli, 5 minutes O-bend
Day 11 - ADS
Day 12 - ADS
Day 13 - 20 minutes jelqing (5 minutes jelqing, 5 minutes intense C-jelq, 5 minutes jelq & bend), 10 minutes stretching (BTC stretching, A stretching, and Double Stretching), 5 minutes Uli, 5 minutes slinkies, 5 minutes backwards Uli Jelq
Day 14 - REST *At this point I noticed slight negative PI's -- too much progressive overload, I presume -- and I decided to give my penis 2 days of full rest between workout days from this day forward.*
Day 15 - REST
Day 16 - Same as Day 13.
Day 17 - REST
Day 18 - REST
Day 19 - Same as Day 13.
**At this point, I planned to continue with the routine for another 10 days; however, a series of unfortunate events took a toll on my day-to-day life, so I had to discontinue the routine.** I also didn't get a chance to measure at this point.
As a result, I was forced to take a 3-4 week break.
When I came back, I was looking into babbis's newbie routine, and decided to do some light PE for 3-4 weeks; again following a 1 day on, 2 days off schedule. This is where the accident part came into play; as in, I didn't plan it; rather, I saw an opportunity and went with it.
The routine, phase 2
-Started with 10 minutes jelqing, 5 minutes of stretching. Added 1 minute of jelqing to each workout day. I also added a little bit of stretching when I felt necessary. After about 10 workout days (roughly 1 month), I was at ~ 20 minutes jelqing, 8 minutes stretching.
-2 days off consisted of complete rest
-I again used an ADS for two hours (rotating between 1-2 PE weights) on my workout days
-I didn't balloon after workouts
I decided to measure, finally, after "phase 2" ended. In total, over the roughly 2 month period, I gained:
EG Base: .25"
EG Glans: .7"
PRE-routine penis-shape: torpedo
Post-routine penis-shape: base-ball bat; but not too asymmetrical, my penis is actual nearly uniform now.
Obviously, the most prominent gain was in the glans. I was very pleased with this, and could definitely notice a result towards the end of phase 2. If I had to take an estimated guess, I would say that I gained just as much during phase 2 as phase 1. The girlfriend also clearly noticed the difference, with the per usual comments like: "your dick is getting huge," which she equally made during both phases (note: she didn't make any comments during the "break," so it would seem that she was my best measuring tool). I initially shrugged her comments off to her being more psychologically convinced than physically convinced; then I measured and realized my pre-judgement was wrong.
Nevertheless, if one thing is for certain, it is that I am now convinced we should measure much more often -- chiefly to see if were growing. With a routine like IPR, one should at least notice some results within two weeks, and if not, then I would presume that something isn't going right: either too much intensity, not enough intensity, or not enough rest.
- As you can see, I took two different approaches. Phase 1 involved an intense progressive overload/IPR routine. Phase 2 involved a much slower, gradual, light routine. Both phases seemed to produce some results, or the girlfriends comments would seem to suggest so. Also, my glans size is noticeably much more bigger. Surprised I didn't realize this earlier on. Perhaps phase 2 caused the most glans size growth.
- Nevertheless, I don't think this routine provided a whole lot of scientific basis, as we would want it to. Sorry guys, like I said before, I should have measured more often. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. Anyway, after this decon break I plan on trying out a light hanging IPR routine. I'm confident it will yield some length gains; length as always been easy for me. Girth, on the other hand, has been my Kryptonite. It goes without saying that I was very pleased to see a .7" increase in glans size.
- Additional note, I believe phase 1 incorporated way too much progressive overload, and would not recommend it to anyone. Rather, through this experiment, and my subsequent research, if I could do it over again, I would have taken a much more lighter, systemic approach, as I did in phase 2.