5 1/2 minute or more kegel routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 1/2 minute or more kegel routine

Nice, simple, straight forward kegel routine that takes less than 10 minutes, and is progressive in nature. Just like when doing sets while lifting, you start off with less weight and more reps, and each successive set you incorporate more weight and fewer reps. The problem with most kegel routines is that they probably aren't routines. One day we do some many at this or that duration, the next day maybe something else. I like the precision of this, and naturally one could add or subtract to it. I take about a 30 second break between each set to rest and massage my pc muscle. I know if I am getting stronger simply how long I can hold the last kegel till failure. I personally take at least one full day off from this routine after each session, sometimes two days. My night time erections take a hit following these bad boys, but that tells me that I worked my pc fully.

Have updated my routine to the following:

30 one second kegels
    12 five second kegels
    6 ten second kegels
    3 twenty second kegels
    2 thirty second kegels
    1 sixty second kegel (or until failure) - presently a little over five minutes.
    Last edited by rbi99; 02-01-2013, 07:44 AM.
    FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
    The Ultimate V (The UV)
    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
    Heated Bundled LAS
    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Interesting, I go the other way, starting with one minute holds and ending up with two second kegels. Your routine is based on lifting routines and mine is based on swim routines: start with distance and end with sprints.
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

I have a question about kegels, I know I am doing them because I do them erect and feel the muscles tighten and see my penis bounce up and down. However, I don't know at what point the kegel releases or if I do it, how would I gain control or awareness over this so I can train to hold it for a minute?

Comment

Practice, preactice, practice.
        Next time that you pee, shut the flow off, then let it restart, a few times until you run out of urine. Then keep contracting and relaxing the same muscles a few more times to learn the feel of it. Do this everytime you pee. It reminds you of exactly how to kegel.
        Once you are comfortable doing a flaccid kegel without peeing, gradually hold the contraction a little longer. Slowly work up the duration of your hold. It may take you several months to gain the strength and control to hold a kegel for a minute so don't be in any kind of a rush and make sure that you give yourself plenty of rest.
        Pirate Diplomacy:
        The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
          Nice, simple, straight forward kegel routine that only takes 6 1/2 minutes, and is progressive in nature. Just like when doing sets while lifting, you start off with less weight and more reps, and each successive set you incorporate more weight and fewer reps. The problem with most kegel routines is that they probably aren't routines. One day we do some many at this or that duration, the next day maybe something else. I like the precision of this, and naturally one could add or subtract to it.

30 one second kegels
          12 five second kegels
          6 ten second kegels
          3 twenty second kegels
          2 thirty second kegels
          1 sixty second kegel
          How many days a week do you recommend this routine? I've read threads that say do kegels 5 days on 2 days off,etc.
          Beginning 1/31/12
          BPEL: 6.5, EG: 5.0

As of 1/25/2013

BPEL: 7.0, EG: 5 1/2

Goal
          BPEL: 7.5, EG: 6.0

Keep growing and showing!!

Comment

I recommend:
            Do kegels every time you pee.
            Do a kegel routine every other day. Think of it as weightlifting.
            Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Kermit, I guess that would be up to you. The problem with kegels is that when is enough enough? If you can hold a strong kegel for 60 seconds, will you gain anything by being able to hold one for two minutes? I can't answer that question. For myself, I don't do them on a regular basis, but I have started following this program when I do. While I always strive to lift more each time I workout with weights, I am not nearly as driven to do that when kegeling.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
              Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
              Heated Bundled LAS
              Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

8 min routine with rests included

Hi,

I have been doing below routine for about 8months and now incorporate it 3 times weekly after Jps 5 day on routine.
                Leave a rest period the same length as the kegel set ie kegel for 10secs rest 10secs-kegel for 5 secs then rest 5 secs.
                Squeeze slowly into the kegel.

1)hold each for 1 second total 10 kegels-3 sets of ( I count slowly "and-one-and" this includes for both pull in and release)
                2)hold each for 5 secs-20 sets of
                3)hold each for 30secs-3 sets of
                4) repeat number 1 above

This equates to about 8 and a half mins.I think the rest is very important for the process as you can clearly define the pull otherwise its easy toget a bit "numb" and just squeeze without any control or definition

good luck
                ncurt

Comment

Ooopps!! My 6 1/2 minute routine is actually 5 1/2 minutes!! Since no one else caught it I don't feel so bad!!

30 one second kegels
                  12 five second kegels
                  6 ten second kegels
                  3 twenty second kegels
                  2 thirty second kegels
                  1 sixty second kegel

In a more serious vain, my last 60 second kegel is where I mark my improvement. My pc muscle is just about shot at the 55 second mark, so my simple goal is to pass the 60 seconds and add to that. I have no plans of adding more to the earlier sets. I don't rest within a set, but I take about a 30 second break between sets.
                  Last edited by rbi99; 04-02-2010, 09:54 PM.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                  Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                  Heated Bundled LAS
                  Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Nice kegel routine rbi99! I am going to add it to my workout and do them every other day. I have a few questions: do you keep the workout the same or do you at some point add more to your routine as you progress? How do you add more to your workout if you do? How do you know when you are progressing, in order to increase volume/intensity in your kegel routine? Lastly, do you do them all flaccid, erect, mixed, or do you do you have a separate erect kegel routine? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I feel I need to take my kegel routine more seriously. Thanks!

Comment

Mars, as I mentioned, unlike my weight lifting workouts where I am striving to increase weight within all of my sets, I do not strive for that when doing kegels. I have no plans to add extra sets to these. Now maybe that will change over time, but not as of right now. That being said, it is my last 60 second kegel where I am working at getting better. I am able to get to the full 60 seconds on that last one, but just barely. Each time I do my kegel routine I want to do better on that last one. One question I have always had though is how important is it to be able to sustain a kegel for over 60 seconds. I mean, at what point is enough enough?

I am usually flaccid or nearly so when I do these, but I would think it wouldn't matter how flaccid or hard you are.

I personally do these before falling to sleep at night. I probably do them three times a week. Probably more times would be better, but I am at a "keep it simple stupid" phase of my PE'ing.

One thing you need to be very conscious of is how good a kegel you are doing. Each kegel I do is very intense, and I am striving to do them at a maximum level each time. In the beginning I would do a kegel, but then I often times found I was "softening" up as I held them. This especially applies to the longer held ones. Remember to do very strong kegels, then keep them strong throughout the hold and the routine.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                      Heated Bundled LAS
                      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

I feel the same way as you and I'm also going to do your flaccid kegel routine on and off without adding to it. Just like you said when is enough enough? As for me I can hold a kegel for longer than 60 seconds, I feel I can hold a kegel forever and what I would do before and still at times is kegel until I get the "flutter" feeling in my pelvic floor muscles, feel that for a while, then stop until then.

I use to do kegels a few year back so I have some strong pelvic floor muscles and that's as far as flaccid kegels. One thing I have no clue of though are those erect kegels, no matter how it's put to me it's confusing and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

Now erect kegels I hear are good for maintaining an erection and those are the ones I struggle to hold not from fatigue of my pelvic floor muscles but of my erection subsiding. I just made an erect kegel routine I am adding as well, and I will do them while I'm edging (good time since I'm erect):

2 sets of 1 second erect kegels to failure
                        2 sets of 2 second erect kegels to failure
                        2 sets of holding an erect kegel to failure

Like you I also feel enough is enough when it comes to doing flaccid kegels, but I am going to shoot for doing my erect kegels different than my flaccid kegels in the sense of using the progressive overload principle like weight training. It can only make my erections harder and longer lasting. I doubt I'd ever get to where I can fatigue my PC muscles by doing erect kegels, but if I did I'd be able to keep a hard on forever!
                        Last edited by Mars81; 04-04-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Got a question, when everyone else kegels and holds them, do you feel your nutsack riding up and you have to reverse kegel after holding it for longer thne let's say about 3 seconds?
                          It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
                          Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

Originally posted by millia View Post
                            Got a question, when everyone else kegels and holds them, do you feel your nutsack riding up and you have to reverse kegel after holding it for longer thne let's say about 3 seconds?
                            No. That is a new one on me.
                            I used to focus hard on kegels though I do not see a need for holds longer than 60 seconds. Now I do fewer kegels and more reverse kegels and will probably experiment more wih raises and erect kegels.
                            I do, however, really appreciate the convenience of flaccid kegels.
                            Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Hey Pirate, I got a question. I know there are several post explaining how to do reverse kegels, but I can't seem to get it for the life of me. I have read some that say a reverse kegel is the relaxing phase of a regular kegel, so that would mean to do a kegel but focus on the relaxing part of it? Others have said that a reverse kegel is like when you're taking a shit or farting and to round out your stomach, but how I see it you're still squeezing as a matter of fact I think you end up doing a kegel as well when you contract your anus. I see that as more of an abdominal contraction more than anything. The last one I heard was when you stop your urine mid flow, that's a kegel, and when you squeeze out your urine that's a reverse kegel, but when I squeeze out the last drops of my urine when I'm taking a piss I use my PC muscles and when I'm pissing regularly, I am relaxing for the most part. Would you have a better way of putting this or explaining how to do a reverse kegel? Lastly, would you also know how I can find my different pelvic floor muscles, how I can contract them individually, so I can really get to know them by actual muscle contraction? Thanks!
                              Last edited by Mars81; 04-05-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X