hot or cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot or cold

so i kno that the warm up is well, a warm up and you strictly just use something hot. my question is about the warm down, or cool down, does it matter which you do? or which has an advantage over the other?
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-8x6-25-a.html <-- log
    1/1/2010 (7/7/10)
    BPEL: 6.5 +.5
    EG: 5 at mid, 5.25 at base
    FL: 3.5-4.5
    BPFSL: 6.75 +.25
    BPXL: 6.5 +1

I think cool downs are better for length exercises, and warm downs for girth exercises.

I have no scientific basis for this... it just feels right.
    On a voyage to the end of the ruler

Comment

thanks sacc, ill be giving that a go then
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-8x6-25-a.html <-- log
      1/1/2010 (7/7/10)
      BPEL: 6.5 +.5
      EG: 5 at mid, 5.25 at base
      FL: 3.5-4.5
      BPFSL: 6.75 +.25
      BPXL: 6.5 +1

Comment

Generally I go with whatever the shower is at when I'm done. I do my entire routine in the shower, so if I take to long actually showering it's a cold cool down. Generally it's a warmish cool down.
        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

The standard warmdown to this time has been warm, but members are now experimenting with cool and even cold.

Comment

I personally like slight warmth for after PE sessions. This also helps keep a good flaccid plump. I am hesitant to try cold for the turtling.

Comment

I always enjoy a nice warm down at the end of my PE session!
              One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching - Look Alive
              Boost your sex drive Become a better lover

Comment

I've never warmed down or cooled down once. I'm happy with my gains and haven't had an injury. However I'm not saying others do that because convention seems to be that it prevents injuries and assists gains if you do.

But then I'm very lazy and dont warm down no matter what the exercise is, squats, deadlifts pe.

I guess one day it may bite me in the ass.

That is the beauty of life though isnt it that we can each choose to do what we want and reap what we sow!!
                August 09
                NBPEL 6.25
                BPFSL 7 & 7/16
                BPEL - 6.9
                EG 5.4
                Current
                BPFSL
                8 5/8
                BPEL 7 15/16
                EG 5.75 (approx 6" mid)
                NBPEL - approx 7"
                The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow. - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by RockyofFox
                  That is the beauty of life though isnt it that we can each choose to do what we want and reap what we sow!!
                  Absolutely!

This is one area where even the experts are not in complete agreement. As such, it's a good area to experiment with and see what feels best. I tried both and the cold feels like it is constricting things, and that doesn't feel right. I go with a 5 minute massage/rice sock warm down.

Comment

Working...
                  X