Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally... things going in the right direction with antibiotics - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it sure as hell ain't physical. Takes a good bit of time, usually 24, to build up a therapeutic dose of any antibiotic. Taking a broad spectrum antibiotic like the one you're taking has no effect on muscles at all. So since it's not physical.....?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
      Well it sure as hell ain't physical. Takes a good bit of time, usually 24, to build up a therapeutic dose of any antibiotic. Taking a broad spectrum antibiotic like the one you're taking has no effect on muscles at all. So since it's not physical.....?
      Maybe it is mental man but seriously, nothing has changed. I was still the same guy when I got the shot - before and after. The relief I get after Rocephin happens 100% of the time, everytime, and I've gone through this same ordeal 3 times now. I read a post on Thunders where a guy stopped drinking coffee and started taking Quecertin with Bromelain, which I started doing last Thursday.

I really thought this was going to be the last straw and that I'd be able to put this behind me haha, that's all man. I've got some sort of sensitivity thing going on. I'm sure meditation/yoga/etc. would help but I just don't get the high libido with that - uggggggg

Comment

Well what the guy is taking in no way kills bacteria.

Comment

Well what the guy is taking in no way kills bacteria.
          Exactly, but it does help with inflammation, which I think is the root cause of my issue, seeing as I experience relief within a few hours of getting Rocephin. I was reading that Rocephin significantly increases a natural inflammatory response we have (something that ends with -10), so maybe that's the real relief I'm feeling, not so much as the actual "killing" of a non-existent bacteria. But then I'm confused because this at home UTI test came back positive for nitrates and leukocytes, but I'm reading those things can be present in the urine without an infection. So maybe this is all inflammation related, in which case it could be related to bad PF health.

But again, the one thing I keep harping on is: why does my LIBIDO come back after getting this shot? Will inflammation affect libido?

Comment

Have you had your hormones checked lately? Total blood panel? Physical?

You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

A reduction in inflammatory response takes days if not weeks for the patient to feel any decrease in inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
                Have you had your hormones checked lately? Total blood panel? Physical?
                I have - all normal.

Comment

A reduction in inflammatory response takes days if not weeks for the patient to feel any decrease in inflammation.
                  Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but what about fast-acting inflammatory drugs like Motrin? Surely people feel "de-inflammation" effects quickly.

I just don't know how this could be mental. I'm getting physical aches and zaps in my shaft at the onset of these "infections" and I urinate more often. Again, when I get a shot of the antibacterial, Rocephin, it goes away and I can get very strong erections on top of very strong libido.

Comment

Okay pal go look up how long it takes to get any anti inflammatory effect from motrin. I'll wait.

Comment

Wanted to share a theory I have as well and seek some input.

I believe my mattress is also giving me a severe curvature/anterior tilt in my lower back that could be making things around my pelvic area tight and subsequently inflaming my prostate, When I first had my case of urethritis, I had bought a mattress about a year prior. It was one of the original Purple mattresses and they have since reinforced their design and improved some things regarding its "stability". It's a very soft/molding mattress and is basically a big pillow.

About a year later (2019) is when I got my first case of urethritis. Since then, my lower back has certainly ached from sleeping on it, but I haven't thought about the effect that could be having on (basically) everything - especially with inflammation.

I know it's out there but if anything, may just get a new mattress regardless as it is certainly losing its functionality and is hurting my lower back - especially if I sleep on my stomach.

I popped two Motrin today as well - feeling pretty relaxed. Idk, I think the mattress thing has some validity. If not for the fact that I've pissed this mattress twice - once in college and once when I had my first onset of symptoms (green discharge, burning, etc.) for urethritis lol about a year after.

Also - leukocytes and nitrites in urine do not always indicate a bacterial infection, but they can be present because of inflammation, further backing my theory that this may very well be inflammation-based. I don't really know how to test this though other than popping Motrin every now and then/gauging my state then.

Comment

The primary and quick effect of a nsaid is analgesia and not anti inflammatory.

Comment

The primary and quick effect of a nsaid is analgesia and not anti inflammatory.
                          Just popped a really hard 10/10 erection surfing the internet. I took Motrin about an hour or two ago, but I was also relaxed on my couch and felt my anus sort of "pop" and "release" a few times leading up to it.

There has to be some effect going on because I am not sure of what could be happening. I am now reading about pelvic inflammatory disease.

Right now I can also feel a slight, but somewhat pleasurable "sensation" in my perineum - although closer to my anus. All in all, it feels very relaxed and I actually do feel my libido coming on a bit.

I feel good - this is promissing. Might look into anti-inflam diets as well and go from here on an anti-inflammatory front instead of a bacterial one. I understand I'm probably not feeling anti-flammatory effects as much as I am a general pain-killing/relaxing effects, but I think if I can start here I will eventually get used to it and my PF will come back into balance.
                          Last edited by Butters65; 09-20-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Please do not tell me that you now have pelvic inflammatory disease.

Comment

I believe I do.

You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

I was about to suggest an anti inflammatory diet as well. I Still wouldn't rule out other factors, but give it a several week try. I'd been doing an anti inflammatory diet and had some improvement, but in days immediately after my first colonoscopy I had no inflammation anywhere. Also, my I. diet seemed to keep everything under control, no aches, no pains for about 3 weeks... Then I decided I could fudge and drop the stupid diet. About a month later things went south, so now I'm back on the diet and things are better. Definitely Not a Guarantee for your condition, I only share my own experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X