Ball stretching in winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball stretching in winter

Regarding us guys who live in colder climates I have a question. We all know that our nuts retract when it's cold out or when we are being physically active. If you put on weights prior to going out in the cold, and at the same time you physically extend yourself (running, climbing, exercising, etc.), your cremaster cord is going to try like hell to pull your nuts in closer to your body, but won't be able to because of the weights. This to me is a classic isometric exercise, with your cord pulling up against a weight pushing down. Here's my question, might we be making our cremaster cord stronger in this situation? If we are making it stronger, will that make it harder to stretch it in the future? Or will the cord become fatigued and quit resisting, making it easier to stretch in the long run?
    FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
    The Ultimate V (The UV)
    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
    Heated Bundled LAS
    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

This is a great question. The cremaster is technically skeletal muscle, so we can speak about it like we speak about other skeletal muscle (unlike the smooth muscle of the penis). I think your analogy to classic isometric exercise is appropriate. That said, when we talk about stretching, we aren't really talking about making anything longer. Generally, stretching is effective because it acclimates our nervous system to positions in which we don't normally find ourselves. Through stretching, we can mitigate things like the stretch reflex, which exist to warn us when we are reaching the end range of motion for a given joint. Making a muscle stronger doesn't necessarily make it harder to stretch. What makes it harder to stretch is strengthening the muscle without complementary range of motion training.

The cremaster is still unique because it's generally involuntary, and also doesn't mobilize any joints.

Generally speaking, isometric work without mobilization is not a good idea. This is why the best yoga practices involve what we call Vinyasas, which are movement sequences that prepare the body for Asanas (holding a given pose). Concentrating on the isometric parts can lead to a muscle that is locked short, or overtense, which isn't what we want.

Fatiguing a muscle to make it quit resisting is also generally not desired (though it can be good in specific circumstances).

It seems to me your strategy could be helpful, but I think you'd want to pair it with mobilization of the scrotum, like stretching your balls at multiple angles without activating the cremaster. Then also doing some voluntary contractions like kegels and rks.

Those are just a few considerations around this question. Interesting.
    START : 2/6/2020
    BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
    CURRENT : 11/18/2021
    BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

In years past I sort of gave up wearing weights when it got cold out. This year I have been wearing them more. What I have found is that while the overall stretch isn't as much as when wearing the same weights in warm weather, when I take them off in the evening and my nuts have a chance to readjust, my hang is as good or better then wearing weights in the summer.
      FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
      The Ultimate V (The UV)
      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
      Heated Bundled LAS
      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Working...
      X