Does time under tension matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does time under tension matter?

Especially with rod extenders where you can clearly see by how much you are progressing the resistance, does overall time under tension matter as long as you are making progress with adding new rods?
    READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!!!!! Maximize Your Success Here.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...big-thing.html

You can't rush the process. Else you risk building resistance type of durability.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the PEGym
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
      You can't rush the process. Else you risk building resistance type of durability.
      So after how much time of using one tension level would you increase it to a higher one?
      Also, how much time daily do you recommend to hang?

Comment

Much relies upon what has been going on history wise.
        Some defer increases until after X days, relying upon how they have progressed in the past.
        Some like to impose a 'shock' value to break a plateau, relying upon their track record/past reactions/performance. Just starting versus what they have encountered in the past.
        Maybe you have reached the point of not much more will happen while extending and need to incorporate another methodology.
        I never got into hanging, just not attracted to it. It is good you are exploring possibilities.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the PEGym
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

This is one of the reasons I switched from spring extender to a static rod extender. It makes training so much easier not having to worry about what tension is set. The past 7 months have shown me that a constant stretch that exceedes erect length up to maximum bone pressed stretched flaccid length is all I need to grow. The optimum time for me each week was 12 hours of extending.

Start 7.28 x 4.88 Current 8.11 x 5.43

Comment

Testing is vital!

From what I've found, there's no special range that works for everyone, though the more intensity/less volume type training end of the spectrum seems to yield a somewhat greater percentage of results for the time and effort put in. The very extreme ends of the spectrum can be dangerous and/or unproductive.
            Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

You can do a web search for scholarly medical articles on tensile tissue expansion. You won't find any that support wearing tension for just an hour or two per day. Most tissue expansion is done with continuous tension for a reason. For practical reasons, we might wear tension devices for say half the time.
              Foreskin Restoration, PE, Peyronies, and Phimosis solutions are my life's work.

Comment

Originally posted by TLCTugger View Post
                You can do a web search for scholarly medical articles on tensile tissue expansion. You won't find any that support wearing tension for just an hour or two per day. Most tissue expansion is done with continuous tension for a reason. For practical reasons, we might wear tension devices for say half the time.
                Please tell me where I can find these "scholarly" medical articles. With all the recent bad medical prognostication, does anyone trust the frauds who are pushing vaccinations? I would respectfully disagree, it really depends on the amount of traction you're using for that hour or two hours per day. The traction tension has to be greater than the tensile strength of the object being stretched. We're not talking about tissue expansion unless you're using a penis pump.
                -Foldus,
                L.G. Hanger,-
                Owner/Licensed Master Machinist
                www.lghangerllc.com
                PEGym members get $10 off! Coupon Code PEGYM

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses. So most of you believe that more intensity and shorter duration is the way to go?
                  Honestly, that is what I have been doing but I recall a lot of people mentioning (as well as many extender manufacturers) that 8-10 hours/day time range is the way to go for gains. But to be honest, for people with jobs who are not working from home this can be quite difficult to attain. So thatīs why I was wondering if shorter duration and more intensity can work as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlon LGHanger View Post
                    tell me where I can find these "scholarly" medical articles
                    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart
                    The traction tension has to be greater than the tensile strength of the object being stretched.
                    The quantity that is relevant is the Stress in the affected tissue. Stress is Force divided by the Area the force acts upon. "Traction tension" cannot be compared to "tensile strength" because one is in units of force (e.g. N) and the other is in units of pressure (e.g. N/m^2, or Pa).

But it sounds like you're saying we must apply a Stress greater than the yield stress of the penis. By defnition that means you just ripped your dick off. Good luck with that.
                    We're not talking about tissue expansion unless you're using a penis pump.
                    Of course we are talking about tensile tissue expansion. Bones, skin, blood vessels, muscle fibres, nerve fibres, breast tissue; all respond to persistantly applied stress by accelerated cell division to create more tissue.
                    Foreskin Restoration, PE, Peyronies, and Phimosis solutions are my life's work.

Comment

What do you think about the Mayo Clinic Studies on Restorex. Which indicate success with wearing that traction device only 30 minutes twice per day?

Comment

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart
                        The quantity that is relevant is the Stress in the affected tissue. Stress is Force divided by the Area the force acts upon. "Traction tension" cannot be compared to "tensile strength" because one is in units of force (e.g. N) and the other is in units of pressure (e.g. N/m^2, or Pa).

But it sounds like you're saying we must apply a Stress greater than the yield stress of the penis. By defnition that means you just ripped your dick off. Good luck with that.

Of course we are talking about tensile tissue expansion. Bones, skin, blood vessels, muscle fibres, nerve fibres, breast tissue; all respond to persistantly applied stress by accelerated cell division to create more tissue.
                        I never said Tensile strength and traction tension were synonymous. Tensile strength of tissue and the traction tension required to cause hypertrophy (increase and growth of tissue cells) needs to be greater than that of the object being stressed. That doesn't mean you'd be ripping your dick off.

Tensile strength is defined as the “resistance to lengthwise stress, measured by the greatest load in weight per unit area pulling in the direction of length that a given substance can bear without tearing apart” (Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language, 1959).

Collagen has great tensile strength, and is the main component of fascia, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bone and skin.
                        Dense connective tissue contains fewer cells and more collagen fibers. In tendon and bone, the collagen fibers are arranged in very precise order to provide very robust tensile strength.

-Foldus,
                        L.G. Hanger,-
                        www.lghangerllc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Azmike View Post
                          What do you think about the Mayo Clinic Studies on Restorex. Which indicate success with wearing that traction device only 30 minutes twice per day?

What do I think? I think you need to read what Restorex says on their website...
                          They say their device was "developed in cooperation with the Mayo Clinic". Last time I checked cooperation doesn't mean endorsement. Secondly, the primary purpose of the Restorex device according to their website is to help correct Peyronie's disease and help with penile curve reduction (not elimination). One of the subsequent benefits they claim of using their device is a potential length increase of 1.6cm or .629". Converted to fractions that's only 5/8", which most consider a "newbie" gain, and far from a multi-inch gain.

Any company can make unsubstantiated claims. I just spent about 20 minutes doing an online search trying to find anything directly from the Mayo Clinic that says they endorse the Restorex device. Didn't find squat. Happy to look at anything you can direct me to that's actually from the Mayo Clinic itself.
                          -Foldus,
                          L.G. Hanger,-
                          www.lghangerllc.com

Comment

I think you need to read my post. No where did I say that Mayo Clinic endorsed this product. The medical studies were with medical doctors on staff at the Mayo clinic. I’m not trying to persuade you or anyone else about the studies. I am merely sharing. In fact there were three separate studies which show significant improvement in PD as well as penis length. After 9 months length gains were 2.0-2.3cm. All studies are on PubMed.

QUOTE=Marlon LGHanger;n3244714]

What do I think? I think you need to read what Restorex says on their website...
                            They say their device was "developed in cooperation with the Mayo Clinic". Last time I checked cooperation doesn't mean endorsement. Secondly, the primary purpose of the Restorex device according to their website is to help correct Peyronie's disease and help with penile curve reduction (not elimination). One of the subsequent benefits they claim of using their device is a potential length increase of 1.6cm or .629". Converted to fractions that's only 5/8", which most consider a "newbie" gain, and far from a multi-inch gain.

Any company can make unsubstantiated claims. I just spent about 20 minutes doing an online search trying to find anything directly from the Mayo Clinic that says they endorse the Restorex device. Didn't find squat. Happy to look at anything you can direct me to that's actually from the Mayo Clinic itself. [/QUOTE]

Comment

FYI https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.10.003

Comment

Working...
                              X