Mental PE - Creating The Right Mindset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental PE - Creating The Right Mindset

Though I do not consider myself a PE expert by any means, I think I have a good understanding of the basics. In hopes of helping others, I wanted to share some thoughts I've had about PE. They may just help a few guys in understanding, and keeping, a good mindset as you progress through your journey.

This is more about the minds role in PE. The part that it can play in your success.

The Routine

I think it is important to understand that even though the beginner routines are a base starting point, they may continue to work for you after conditioning. They have worked for many, as indicated by their popularity. But what that means is that those individuals who have had success with those routines as written have physiological responses that closely match each other, and the original routines creator.

This means that while most guys could have success with that particular set up, by no means should you expect to have the exact same results. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Even if it is a slight difference, 99% of the time your body will respond differently than the next guy. A pain to deal with, but the truth.

Think of those routines as a race car. Depending on your particular driving style, you may need to adjust a few things to fit you perfectly. Sure, you can drive the car as is, and it may work well for you. But if you want to really tune the car just for you, then make those adjustments so the car is built for you, and your needs. You may not need to change anything at all, or you may have to change a lot.

The beginner routines are designed to get you going at a safe level, get you familiarized with the exercises, and let you learn about your PIs and bodies feedback. What you learn during this conditioning period should help you make decisions on your routine going forward.

Learn and Follow Your PIs

Physiological Indicators are your best gauge to understand what your routine needs. If what you are doing, beginner routine or not, is resulting in positive feedback and increased EQ, then continue doing it. If you lose EQ, and you are showing signs of negative results, then an adjustment is necessary. Again, the routines may fit you perfectly, or they may not. It all depends on your bodies feedback. Learn to listen to your body, adapt to it's responses, and adjust accordingly.

Keeping a progress log is a great way to track what worked, and help identify the exercise intensity for the best PIs.

Focus On The Health and EQ

This is said many times, and I believe for two important reasons.

One, doing PE solely for size gains leads to an impatience and unrealistic expectations. When you focus only on the ruler, you are bound to set yourself up for disappointment. Gains might slow, or even stop, and when they do, it may cause unnecessary panic.

Putting this kind of pressure on yourself can kill your motivation. Because when you don't see immediate results like you want, you will stop trying and think it's not going to work. Well, if you stop, it wont work, guaranteed. Either that or some will try and push harder to see results, and that more often than not leads to injuries.

Two, the long and short term benefits of PE on penile health and EQ, have a far greater chance of increasing and prolonging a healthy sexual lifestyle than any size gains ever could. Getting it up, keeping it up, stronger and for longer will no doubt be one of your greatest benefits of PE.

Less Is More

Also said often. Early on, and even through the PE journey, a lot of guys find that a low intensity routine can work wonders. But, more reps or time must equal more gains, right? Nope, not always. Over training can have a negative effect on your routines effectiveness, resulting in no gains and frustration.

Plus, as you build up in intensity, your body will adapt, and it will become necessary to make changes to have an effect still. Why start at level 5 out of 10, when level 1 will do? You will just cause difficult gains later on, without any good reason.

Use only the lowest amount of intensity or time necessary until it no longer works, then move up. Same goes for the routine. If it works, stick with it until it doesn't anymore.

Frequent changes make it difficult to pinpoint exactly what works. If you've gained, but made several changes over the past month, how will you know which one to stick with? Give it time, and see if it does anything. If not, then move on, but let it have a chance first.

Be Aware, Not Afraid

Safety is always something you should keep in mind. And avoiding injuries is just as good of a goal as any other. But don't let the fear of injuries keep you from adjusting your routine a bit to encourage growth. (Notice I said encourage, not force.)

That goes the same for any other negative effect, including stretch marks, discoloration, etc. Often, just being aware of what can happen, and learning how and what to avoid, can be enough to recognize warning signs before it becomes a bigger problem.

Sometimes, it seems like the only choices are go so hard it breaks, or so gentle there's no results. As much as that may seem true, there is a middle ground. It just takes some time to find it.

Free Knowledge

It's all here for the taking. Tons of useful advice, exercises, safety precautions, and information. All of it just a few clicks away. Take a bit of your time, and look into what your interested in.

I know, there's a lot, and it can be overwhelming. Between the sheer fascination that this actually exists and works, and the amount of info available, it can be a little bit much to take in.

Start with the necessary info, including the safety sections. Also, anything that might specifically apply to what you are doing. No need to learn everything about hanging if your doing manual exercises. Take it one step at a time, learning what will help you now, and worry about the rest in due time.

Once you fully understand one idea, then move on to the next. Trying to understand it all at once will only become frustrating.

Be Positive

No matter what you do, or what happens, if you stay positive and not let obstacles get in your way, everything is good. Even setbacks can be seen as a learning experience to improve upon.

This doesn't mean ignore danger with a smile. Just don't let challenging situations stop you from pursuing your goals. Don't give up, keep pushing ahead, and you will get it.

Patience Is Important

Okay, this one's a biggie. To me, probably one of, if not the, biggest key to success. Patience.

This one idea, a frame of mind that keeps reality in check, addresses most every concern and problem with PE.

Everything regarding your success takes time. From learning the exercises and techniques, getting to know your body and how it responds, avoiding injury, finding the exact routine set up that works for you, experimenting afterward to adjust when it no longer does...on, and on.

Everyone would love to just have an A,B,C set of directions. Do this and this, and in exactly 1 year, you will have this kind of result. And you may say, “Well, that one guy had crazy gains in just 6 months.” Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that for the majority. It's going to take some time to figure everything out, and you may have a few questions, or hit a plateau. No one starts out and just so happens to know everything already. Learn, ask, and apply. But always, be patient.

And if you still have questions, or need some advice, don't hesitate to take advantage of the the wealth of experience and knowledge here at the Gym.
    Got Questions? We Want To Hear Them!

Last edited by BigO; 07-18-2014, 11:28 AM.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Great post foxy!!

I particularly like this information and try to emphasise this point when talking to people. You will always see newbies trying advanced exercises from the get-go and it is such a bad idea. Intensity should be increased very gradually so as to max out your gains at lower levels, it leads to being able to continue to gain well over a longer period of time.

Originally posted by workin_4_it View Post
    Plus, as you build up in intensity, your body will adapt, and it will become necessary to make changes to have an effect still. Why start at level 5 out of 10, when level 1 will do? You will just cause difficult gains later on, without any good reason.

Use only the lowest amount of intensity or time necessary until it no longer works, then move up. Same goes for the routine. If it works, stick with it until it doesn't anymore.
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Thanks Kickin!

If it can help even just 1 person, then I will be happy.

Comment

Brilliant post Mr W4I!

I think this should definitely be a read for every newbie and probably will be, as I found this on one of MrB8's famous links.

Less is definitely more for me, as I have reduced the number of jelqs in JP90 by a third, as well as the training days, I do every other day so I always have a rest day immediately after a training day, recovery could well be of greater importance in terms of health and gains as opposed to force and reps, this certainly seems to be the case for me.

Excellent work!
        "Those who know others have knowledge,
        those who know themselves have insight.
        Those who master others have force,
        those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Thanks Burty!

Excellent point that I didn't mention. Rest days are often underrated! Well said.

Comment

Great post workin_4_it!
            (Late 1999): 6" BPEL x 5.25" MSEG
            (Early 2001): 7" BPEL x 5.75"MSEG (mostly Hanging/Jelqing)
            Aug 16th 2015: 7.375" BPEL x 6" MSEG
            Goal: I have retired from PE - So my goal is just maintaining.

Comment

Sticky.
              My Log: EQ | Foreskin Restoration w TLC Tugger

Overall Goals
              1. Maintain Optimal EQ (10 / 10)
              2. Full Foreskin Restoration (100% flaccid coverage)

Comment

Ya this is whag PE gym is aboht lol ! Great post

Comment

Originally posted by workin_4_it View Post
                  Less Is More

Also said often. Early on, and even through the PE journey, a lot of guys find that a low intensity routine can work wonders. But, more reps or time must equal more gains, right? Nope, not always. Over training can have a negative effect on your routines effectiveness, resulting in no gains and frustration.

So say that I want to modify my JP 90 day beginner routine to shorten up the actual time of jelqing. I try it for a week and after I measure, I see that I have no gains. But, it could just be that I needed to wait two weeks. I guess the question in this would be, how long should I give an adjustment to see if it works? In anticipate you might tell me that it varies from person to person, and I understand that. But since I'm new to this, I have no idea how my bod will respond. I don't want to wait a month to see if my body will finally respond, so what would be a good rule of thumb?

Comment

I would personally leave it a couple of days to a week, unless your getting definite negative PI then immediate change is required, I wouldn't measure every week either, because you may get disappointed, measurements are best done over a month or two.

If you do the routine for a couple of days to a week and are getting positive PI's you are on the right track. If you haven't read it \/

Physiologic Indicators (PIs) to Help Penis Growth!

I have also modified JP90 to suit my PI's, the original routine was too much and have cut it down again and again until my body was giving me positive results.

Here is my log if you want to have a look through to see how I have modified JP90 to suit me \/.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...urtys-log.html

Good luck!
                    "Those who know others have knowledge,
                    those who know themselves have insight.
                    Those who master others have force,
                    those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Can't believe I didn't think of that article, I've read it 3 times! Of course. Thanks so much, you've been very helpful as always

Comment

I agrere with Burty.

In the beginning, it may not take long before you see results. So the amount of time to allow changes to have an effect could be less than it is later on.

As time goes on, gains may come slower, so keeping with a change a bit longer to see results may be necessary.

Either way, let your PIs be the first indicator to know if what you are doing is good for you or not.

Comment

Thank you for putting this concise post up for us to read... I'm only a little over a month into doing this and may need to take a step back and rethink my routine. A BIG thumbs up dude.
                          Last edited by Blameme; 05-27-2014, 08:51 AM. Reason: Clarification
                          ~Blameme~

Beginning 6.75 BPEL
                          Short Term Goal 7.5 BPEL
                          Long Term Goal 8.0 BPEL

Reference Links
                          https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...se-kegels.html

Comment

Great post as always you are a great help to the forum. The biggest thing for me was patience and being happy with what I had. Its not an overnight transformation, but knowing that one day I will reach my goals has put all my negative thoughts to rest.
                            She came, I saw, my penis conquered!

11/5/2013
                            Bpel 7.2
                            Meg 4.7

4/1/2104
                            Bpel 7.75
                            Meg 4.9

9/23/2014
                            Bpel 7.75
                            Meg 5.25

Short term goal
                            Bpel 7.9
                            Meg 5.1

End goal
                            bpel 8.25
                            Meg 6

Comment

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, it's much appreciated. Glad it helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X