Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and if you’re like my man, you might be sweating what to get your girl. The toaster last year was a bust – even though she needed a new toaster. And, you don’t want to just revert to roses and chocolates, because that’s what everyone gives.
It can be stressful!
Hopefully, these tips will help you find that perfect Valentine’s Day gift.
- Tip #1 – Pay Attention Weeks (or Even Months) Beforehand – Most of us women know it’s hard to shop for us. For this reason, we often drop hints. You just have to pay attention. And, when you hear something – write it down! You probably have a cell phone with you, so send yourself a text. Use a notes feature. Something so you don’t forget it later.
- Tip #2 – Don’t Buy Her Something Practical – Or, if you do, because she’s specifically said, “Please, get me a toaster for Valentine’s Day!” make sure to get her something more romantic in addition to the practical gift. Surprise her with that toaster on a different day – a non-holiday. Make it a “You’re Awesome Day” present.
- Tip #3 – Really Think About Your Girl – The best presents aren’t those that cost the most money; they’re the ones that someone has really put some thought into. Does she have a hobby she really enjoys? Is she a super-fan of something? Does she have a particular fondness for a particular treat that she can’t normally get where you live?
- Tip #4 – Give Her the Gift of Your Time – Set up a class for the two of you to go to together. Whether it’s one of the trendy wine and paint classes, or glassblowing, or salsa dance lessons – again, think about something she might enjoy going to. Sites like Groupon and LivingSocial usually have some great options for unique classes.
- Tip #5 – If Your Gal is Up For It, Go Sexy! – Get a room for the night, perhaps buy her some lingerie to wear, have her favorite snacks (champagne, strawberries, chocolates, perhaps?) at the ready, and maybe something fun for the two of you to try like Vigorelle – an all natural, female lubricant that is known as “the female viagra”. Spend the evening focusing on her… and, I don’t know a woman that wouldn’t like that!
- Tip #6 – Make Valentine’s Day a Whole Day Event – Whatever you end up planning for Valentine’s Day, if you want to truly knock it out of the park, do little things throughout the day to show her how much she means to you. If she normally starts her morning off with a cup of coffee, get up early and bring it to her in bed. Leave a card for her on her car at work. Send her romantic texts throughout the day, to let her know how you feel. And, this may sound obvious, but post on whatever social media sites she uses how much you love her. Women not only enjoy hearing how much you care, but there’s something special when you proclaim it publicly.