A larger penis is a good thing, but a larger penis and stronger erections is even better! In addition to the penis exercises you’ll find here on PEGym.com and in Penis Exercises, there are several lifestyle choices you can make to help make your erections stronger. Following are seven things you can do to maximize your erection strength.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking has been found to be a major contributing factor to erectile dysfunction, according to a report published by the American Heart Association. Smoking causes plaque to build-up in the arteries. Known as atherosclerosis, this plaque blocks blood flow, causing circulatory problems, including erectile dysfunction. The AHA study found:
- Men who smoked more than 20 cigarettes daily had a 60% higher risk of erectile dysfunction, compared to men who never smoked.
- 15% of the past and present smokers had experienced erectile dysfunction.
- Men who currently – and formerly — smoked were about 30% more likely to suffer from impotence.
- Get a Good Night’s Rest – On average, while you’re sleeping, your penis “wakes up” and gets an erection between three to five hours per night. These nocturnal erections bring oxygenated blood into the penis, re-energizing the tissue while also keeping the tissue flexible.
- Exercise More than Just Your Penis – Exercising your penis can make you larger and stronger, but if you want to maximize your erection strength, exercise the rest of your body as well. Research has shown just walking 30 minutes a day can help prevent erectile dysfunction and increase erection strength. Regular exercise improves your cardiovascular health builds your energy levels, lowers blood pressure, and makes you feel relaxed and rested — all critical to strong erections.
- Reduce Stress – Stress is a normal part of everyday life. In fact, our bodies are designed to use stress to keep us ready for danger. However, when stress persists it can negatively affect your health — including your erection quality. When stress begins to build, try to keep a positive attitude and accept when there are things you cannot change. Look into learning how to meditate or take yoga or tai chi.
- Avoid Penile Trauma – Problems with erection quality can occur because of penile trauma. Some sexual positions are more risky than others. If trauma includes damage to the corpora cavernosa, internal bleeding can occur, scar tissue can form, causing a loss of erectile tissue flexibility, curvature, and pain.
- Drop Some Pounds – Obesity can also negatively affect your erection quality. Men who are obese have lower testosterone levels, a key hormone needed for strong erections. Other diseases related to obesity include diabetes and high blood pressure – both also have been found to experience higher incidents of erectile dysfunction. In fact, approximately half of men with diabetes become impotent.
- Be Monogamous – Being monogamous can help strengthen your erections in two ways. Although monogamy doesn’t completely prevent the transmission of STDs, it does help. Some STDs, like chlamydia, can be painful during intercourse, negatively affecting your erection strength. Additionally, being unfaithful to a partner can cause guilt, which can tranfer into anxiety, which can destroy your erection quality.
Check out our article:
for more great advice on having the hardest erections of your life.