8 Things You Might Not Now About Your Penis

happy guy penis8 things you might not now about your penis… and other strange penile-related facts.

  1. Use it or Lose it – Your penis needs to be exercised regularly to maintain not only healthy tone of the smooth muscle, but also to ensure the penile tissue regularly receives enriched, oxygenated blood. For healthy men, your penis will get erect during the night, to help ensure it gets the blood it needs. However, men with blood vessel damage or nerve damage, such as caused by trauma or diabetes, can have issues with getting regularly erections, which can cause the penis to actually atrophy. Use of a vacuum pump, like the Bathmate, can help even men with issues get healthy erections.
    .
  2. Monkey Testicles Were Used to Cure Impotence – In the 1920s, medical experimentation tried to attack the problem of impotence, through xenotransplantation. Testicles from goats, baboons and chimpanzees were implanted into male humans. Needless to say, it didn’t work.
    .
  3. Most Men are Growers –  Approximately 12% of men are “showers” – men who gain less than 1/3 of their flaccid length when going from flaccid to erect.  The remaining 88% are growers – with their erect length more than 1/3 greater than their flaccid length. In fact, 7% actually double in length from flaccid to erect.
    .
  4. Your Penis Becomes Less Sensitive With Age – Although studies vary on results, most agree from age 25 on, sensitivity starts to decline. The sharpest decline in sensitivity is seen between age 65 and 75. Although most men don’t recognize this decreased sensitivity, it is seen in the reduced ability to get an erection as well as increased difficulty in having an orgasm.
    .
  5. Vibrators Work on Penises Too – Vibrators aren’t only for women. They work on the penis, too. In fact, vibration is so effective on the penis that often men with spinal cord injuries can ejaculate with the aid of a special medical vibrator. For this kind of treatment, the vibrator is usually held against the underside of the head of the penis. Although vibrators often help men with ejaculation problems, you don’t have to have any kind of medical condition to use one. You could do it just for fun.
    .
  6. Most Men are Uncircumcised – Worldwide, approximately 30% of males aged 15 and older are circumcised, according to a 2007 report from the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNAIDS. Of course, this number is significantly greater in certain demographics, such as those of Jewish faith, where circumcision is a religious rite.
    .
  7. Your Penis was Once a Clitoris –  Tom Hickman, author of God’s Doodle: The Life and Times of the Penis, explains, “Every penis in the womb starts as a clitoris before hormones ‘sex’ the brain of the to-be male.” The penis “retains the mark of its female heritage: its dark underskin and the thin ridge or seam, known as the raphe, which runs from scrotum to anus, are remnants of the fusion of the vaginal lips.”
    .
  8. Larger Balls? More Likely to Cheat – One study found that men with large testicles are likely to be more unfaithful, the converse being true of men with small testicles.

 

One thought on “8 Things You Might Not Now About Your Penis

Leave a Reply