Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
~ E.E. Cummings
One of the biggest things that hold us back from succeeding in life is self-confidence. We are truly sometimes our own worst enemy.
If you’re here at PEGym, chances are you’re looking to make a change in your life. Whether it’s enlarging your penis, increasing your sexual stamina, or one of the myriad of other self-improvement topics we discuss here, change is likely your desired goal. However, change for the better typically isn’t easy, and when our self-confidence begins to wain, we end up giving up before we realize our goals. Keep reading for six tips to improving your self-confidence.
- Self-confidence Starts in Your Head – What we focus on mentally becomes our reality. This is extremely true for our self-image. Although Stuart Smalley may have been a funny SNL character, there is value in positive self-talk. When self-doubt begins to creep in, stop and tell yourself you CAN do it. You WILL succeed. You ARE making progress toward your goal.
- Keep Moving Forward – I have a friend who does Ironman triathlons (2.1 mile swim, 112 bike ride, 26.2 mile run – all in the same day). When I was training for my first half-marathon, I voiced my fear about not finishing. He gave me this advice — “Just keep moving forward. No matter what. No matter how slow. Just keep moving forward, and you’ll get to the finish line.” I think that same piece of advice can be used when working toward any goal. Although you may not feel self-confident at the moment, just keep moving forward. Each step closer to your goal will help you feel more confident.
- Baby Steps – Sometimes our faltering self-confidence comes when we set goals that are too large. It may be what we ultimately want to achieve, but it begins to feel like it’s too unattainable. Instead, break up large goals into smaller chunks. Also, make some of these smaller goals activity-based, not just result-based. Activity-based goal – X number of Jelqs this week. Results-based goal – X inch erect length increase. As you complete these smaller goals, your confidence will grow and you can parlay those smaller successes into larger success.
- Dress for Success – Our outward appearance often is a reflection of how we’re feeling inwardly. This also works in reverse. Take time to look good, and you’ll feel better about yourself throughout the day. Now, this may not directly affect some of your goals, like penis enlargement, but it will help your general self-confidence level, which will positively impact your work toward all of your goals.
- Have a Plan – If I dropped you off in the middle of some foreign land, with no GPS or map, and told you to find your way to a random destination, you might not feel too confident. Now, if I gave you a map with your current location plotted and where you wanted to go, and I even marked out the route for you, you’d probably be pretty sure of yourself and your ability to get to the end. Do the same thing with your goals. Start with knowing where you are currently. Be specific about where you want to be. Then, develop a plan for how to get to your destination, and you’ll be more confident during your journey, knowing you’re on the right path.
- Increase Your Competence – You can’t feel self-confident, if you don’t really feel like you know what you’re doing. Today, you can learn the intricacies of almost anything, thanks to the Internet. Here at PEGym, you can read about exercises, watch videos, even talk to experts and other members who can help you. You’ll feel more confident when you know you’re doing things right.