Yup, we’re a bit penis-centric here at PEGym. Not a big surprise. 😉 So, let’s look at some interesting penis facts you may not have know! This is the third part in our Interesting Penis Facts series.
Check out more facts here —
- In 2003, the Guilin Latex Company made the world’s largest condom. It was 260 feet tall and 330 feet around. It was made from yellow PVC and put on a hotel in Cuilin, China, as a promotion of World Population Day.
- In 1995, a man from Hong Kong, Mo Ka Wang, lifted 250 pounds, two feet off the ground, with his penis.
- Having sex at least once a week is good for you! It can lower a man’s risk of stroke by 50%, diabetes by 40% and heart disease by 30%. Plus, men who are sexually active are more likely to live past 80 years old.
- King Henry VIII had the largest codpiece in England during the Middle Ages. This penis covering was molded and padded into the shape of an erection.
- Ancient Greeks preferred small penises and showed contempt for slaves and foreigners by depicting them with big penises.
- A medieval cure for impotence included the steeped brains of 30 male sparrows, the grease around the kidneys of a freshly killed goat, and as much honey as needed. The man was supposed to eat this concoction before sex.
- The Liberalia was a state holiday celebrating a son’s first ejaculation, in ancient Rome.
- The Latin word for bullet was glans – meaning “head of the penis.” Romans used to write lurid inscriptions on their sling bullets they slung at their enemies.
- To get an erection, the penis needs approximately 130 ml of blood, and the man must have a very high circulation rate of 2 ml per second to cause the diameter of the arteries to double in size.
- Leonardo da Vinci once said, “A man who is ashamed to show or name the penis is wrong. Instead of being anxious to hide it, man ought to display it.”