Yup, we’re a bit penis-centric here at PEGym. Not a big surprise. 😉 So, let’s look at some interesting penis facts you may not have know! This is the fourth part in our Interesting Penis Facts series.
Check out more facts here —
- Kellogg’s corn flakes and Graham crackers were originally invented to curb masturbation. Sylvester Graham and John Kellogg both thought the problem of masturbating could be solved by keeping body heat out of the penis by monitoring food. Weird!
- Sigmund Freud wrote the most about the penis and the human psyche — especially penis envy and the fear of castration.
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from some form of erectile dysfunction.
- One testicle hangs lower than the other on purpose to help prevent injury from them being crushed together if they were side-by-side.
- Only about 6 percent of the world’s population need extra-large condoms, according to condom manufacturers.
- The penis doesn’t stop growing until a man reaches his early 20s.
- “Blue balls” is a very real thing – and happens when blood is trapped in the testicles. It can be alleviated with a warm shower or aspiring, or an orgasm.
- The seam on the underside of the penis becomes the inner lips of the vagina, if the fetus is a to become a girl.
- Kawasaki, Japan holds the Kanamara Matsuri festival every year, as a fertility festival and includes a giant 8 foot tall wooden penis, as well as phallic-carved vegetables.