The supplement industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. As such, there’s often a lot of confusing information on the Internet. Add to it the facet of specifically using supplements to promote penis enlargement, and you can imagine some sites are more concerned with making a buck, than truly helping people. Two supplements that often come up, when talking penis enlargement, are: L-Arginine and Agmatine sulfate.
- What are these two supplements?
- How do they work?
- And, what’s the differences between the two?
- Are they safe?
- Are they effective?
What is L-Arginine?
L-arginine (also known as just Arginine) is an amino acid necessary for the body’s production of proteins. L-arginine is naturally found in red meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.
What is Agmatine Sulfate?
Agmatine ((4-aminobutyl) guanidine, NH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-NH-C(-NH2)(=NH )) is a byproduct of Arginine that is produced through a process called decarboxylation. It is basically Arginine with the carboxylic acid end removed. The resulting compound, Agmatine Sulfate, appears to be stored within the neurons of the brain and is released as these neurons become activated.
How do L-Arginine and Agmatine Sulfate Work?
L-arginine is converted in the body into a chemical called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to expand for improved blood flow. L-arginine also stimulates the release of growth hormone, as well as insulin and other substances in the body.
What are the Similarities and Differences Between L-Arginine and Agmatine Sulfate?
L-arginine is the parent structure to Agmatine sulfate. When discussing the benefits for penis enlargement, both positively affect nitric oxide levels in the body. This vasodilation effect, means more blood flow to all parts of your body, including your penis. Penis enlargement is predicated on cell reproduction. Enhanced blood flow facilitates that cell reproduction.
The primary difference is the increased potency of Agmatine sulfate. It is theorized that the effects of Agmatine sulfate are more pronounced than L-arginine. For this reason, Agmatine sulfate is beginning to become even more popular as a bodybuilding supplement than L-Arginine.
Are L-Arginine and Agmatine Sulfate Safe?
L-Arginine and Agmatine sulfate are likely safe for adults to take. There are some exceptions.
- If you are prone to allergies or asthma and decide to take L-arginine, use it with caution.
- If you have cirrhosis, you should speak to your physician before taking L-arginine.
- If you have Guanidinoacetate methyltransferase deficiency, to prevent complications associated with this condition, you should should not take arginine.
- If you have herpes, there is a concern that L-arginine might make herpes worse, as L-arginine is needed for the herpes virus to multiply.
- L-arginine might lower blood pressure, which could be a problem if you already have low blood pressure.
- If you have suffered a recent heart attack, there is a concern that L-arginine might increase the risk of death after a heart attack.
- If you have kidney disease, L-arginine has caused high potassium levels when used by people with kidney disease, which could lead to a potentially life-threatening irregular heartbeat.
- As L-arginine may affect blood pressure, you should stop taking L-arginine at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery and let your physician know you have been taking it.
NOTE: Always talk to your medical professional before taking any new supplement, to ensure it won’t interact with any current medications or conditions.
Are L-Arginine and Agmatine Sulfate Effective?
L-arginine’s vasodilator effect is well-documented in scientific research. Although Agmatine sulfate’s research literature is sparse, at this time, it likely has the same positive effect on nitric oxide in the body. However, this does not mean that either of these supplements are all you need to enlarge your penis. These supplements are complementary additions to a penis enlargement routine.
You need to instigate the cell reproduction process with either manual penis exercises or penis enlargement devices (like penis extenders or penis pumps) first. Then the supplement can help the body repair those microtears, growing new cells and result in a longer and thicker penis. A bodybuilder wouldn’t expect to take a supplement and get big, well-defined muscles. A bodybuilder knows that he also has to actually exercise those muscles! It’s the same thing for penis enlargement. These supplements will simply enhance the process, helping you get the results you want faster.