This article takes a look at various lubes used for certain facets of penis enlargement such as jelqing and penis pumping which require lubrication. You will read about what several active PEGym members and vets use are their preferred penis lubricants, as well as many that should be avoided.
INITIAL LUBE CONCERNS
Men should always determine the right lubricant to use for their Penile Enhancement routine. Your wet jelqing exercises will require a decent amount of lubrication to carry out; the lube’s purpose is to limit the possibility of injuries and allow you to work the entire surface of your penis comfortably and smoothly.
Keep in mind that lube preferences are just that, a personal preference. I encourage you to try several kinds, including combination’s, to find what best suits you. However, there are some that are better than others and several that you should avoid altogether. The best lubes will leave your skin soft and in an excellent, healthy condition. The worst can cause skin irritations, itching, dry skin, and chemical burns.
Also consider the longevity of your lube’s effectiveness if you plan on long jelqing sessions; for example, Vaseline lasts much longer than baby oil before you need to reapply it.
PRICE AND PURCHASING TIPS
Price is something to keep in mind if you are on a budget. Some of the lubes listed below are expensive and not as available as others; but there are some very effective low cost lubes listed as well. There is a good chance that you already have some of these at home.
Another thing to consider when purchasing lubes is their application with devices like penis pumps. Some penis pumps can be damaged by certain kinds of lubes, so read the pump manufacturer’s recommendations before you start.
Some of our members use a combination of lubes and highly recommend this approach. Others have particular ones that they use. Below are listed a few members that you might recognize from the forums. (This does NOT necessarily mean that any of these members like or dislike any other alternatives).
PROMINENT MEMBERS’ LUBE PREFERENCES
- Going411X7- Combination of olive oil and Vaseline
- Jonpop- Water soluble lotion with aloe, and vitamin E
- BigAl- Pure cocoa butter
- Pirate- Combination of baby oil gel and bio oil
- Waylander- Bio oil and baby oil gel combo
- Calixto- Olive oil with a light amount of Petroleum Jelly; now also using peppermint oil for relaxing
- MrBigDick- Millennium I.D. (ID Lubricants by Westridge Laboratories, Inc.)
- RockofFox- Vaseline
- Millia- Bio oil
- Kingpole- Mineral oil
ABOUT VARIOUS LUBE TYPES
There ARE commercially made jelqing and penis exercising oils and lubes available. In fact, some claim to enhance the effects of Penile Enhancement, but this article will focus on the ones that are most commonly used on our forums.
Lotions are another alternative and are likely to be found in your house. Most are fine for PE so long as they are not overly perfumed or have an over abundance of vitamins.
Natural oil based lubes are a good choice for jelqing and most can be found at your local grocery store. They have multiple uses, and are good for combining with other lubes. EVO and Bio oil are in this category, but EVO has to be prepared by you, and you will most likely have to go to your local pharmacy for the bio oil.
Water based lubes have several benefits. They can be used for sexual lubrication as well as for pe. They can be reactivated during your routine with water. Some members like this and some do not. K-Y jelly is the most popular brand, but it can be found in a generic form, which is cheaper. Wal-mart carries a version called “Equate personal lubricant” that works very well.
PETROLEUM BASED LUBES AND AN IMPORTANT TIP!
Petroleum based lubes are harder to clean off and some members feel that by them being a derivative of motor oil, they are not the healthiest choice. However, Vaseline, baby oil, and other products and by-products of petroleum have been used successfully by many members without issues or side effects. (Warning: Oil based lubes should not be used with condoms. See condom instructions).
One very useful tip that I have been made aware of by a few fellow PEGym Editors (NP97 and blink2000) is that since petroleum based lube is so difficult to remove, it is a perfect lube to use for jelqing in the shower or bath! Plus, its also more convenient for washing off since you’ll already be in the shower/bath.
- Water- Water alone does little to nothing in the way of lubricating for PE and can cause chaffing and itching.
- Soap- Soap will dry out the skin and irritate the urethra.
- Shampoo and conditioner- I highly suggest not using shampoo or conditioner as a lube! Some men who have tried these out have noted chemical burns on their penises (The worst culprits seem to be conditioners).
- Certain Essential Oils- Some essential oils are quite potent and can actually be used to chemically burn unwanted growths off of the skin. Using some of these as a lube may result in chemical burns.
Warning! If you have a peanut allergy, make sure that none of the oils listed below are mixed with peanut oil!
- Essential Vein Oil (EVO) oil- Learn more about EVO in our article: Essential Vein Oil
- Bio oil–This is quickly becoming a favorite with the members and can be mixed with other lubes such as baby oil gel, with good results http://www.bio-oil.com/en/uses.html
- Baby oil/Baby oil gel–Mineral oil with added fragrance is also a petroleum byproduct. It has a long history of being used internally as well–as a laxative. It is another favorite of our members and can be found with vitamin E or aloe Mineral oil – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Canola oil—Canola oil – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Vegetable oil–Vegetable oil – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Olive oil–Olive oil – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Coconut oil–Coconut oil – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cocoa butter–Cocoa butter – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- K-Y jelly–Very good slickness, and can be reactivated with water. K-Y Jelly–Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Astroglide–Astroglide – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia