Tantric sex – you’ve probably heard the phrase, but what is tantric sex? I know when I first heard about the topic, I thought it sounded like a lot of work and a little far fetched. I envisioned New Age hippies wearing crystals, and that it was more hype than actual technique. After learning about it though… I found it’s an amazing way to take your sex life to the next level! Keep reading to learn more.
What is Tantric Sex?
The ancient Hindu practice of tantric sex is more than 5,000 years old. Literally translating to ‘weaving and expansion of energy, tantric sex seeks to form a mind-body connection that ultimately leads to some of the most powerful orgasms you’ve ever had. It’s a slow, deliberate way of having sex. By putting this extra effort and time into sex, you reach a more intense orgasm.
Who Should Do Tantric Sex?
Tantric sex is great for a wide variety of people. It’s something you should consider if:
- You want the most powerful orgasms you’ve ever had.
- You want to try something new.
- You want to connect with your partner on a deeper level.
- You want to impress the heck out of your partner with a marathon sex session that blows their mind.
How Do You Perform Tantric Sex?
Tantric sex centers on delaying orgasm, until your sexual energy is built up to its natural end. It’s the ultimate in stamina and sexual control. It uses breathing, meditation and massage to control your orgasm.
- Begin by dimming the lights, shutting off all electronic devices, and ensuring you have a long period of uninterrupted time (hours) to just focus on you and your partner.
- Begin by shaking out your arms and legs, roll your shoulders and neck, loosen up all of the muscles in your body.
- DON’T go to the bed. Your bed is where your body knows it’s preparing for sleep. Instead, try the floor. Put some big pillows down to sit on, if needed.
- Sit cross-legged in front of your partner, with your knees touching. Or, your partner can have their legs over yours. Or, your partner can sit on your lap… but NO penetration!
- Slowly begin by touching each other’s body. Take your time. There is no rushing in tantric sex. Explore every single square inch of your partner. From the top of their head, to the tips of their toes.
- Change up your touch. Touch lightly, like a feather. Sometimes use massage. Use your fingertips. Use the back of your nails. Use the flat of your hand. The goal here is to stimulate every nerve in the body.
- Look into your partner’s eyes. Focus on breathing. Inhale as your partner exhales and exhale as they inhale. This will help sync the two of you and ensures you’re both focused on the experience.
- The challenge here is you’re going to get super-amped up. Like teenager horny. But, you are going to keep putting off that sexual crescendo as long as possible. You can tease your partner as much as you want, bringing them close to that point of no return, but the longer you put off orgasm, the better it will be.
- Once you transition to actual penetrative sex, breathe and move slowly. The more slowly you progress the sexual experience, the more powerful your orgasm will eventually be.
Don’t be worried if you only last a few minutes the first time around. For years, you’ve probably thought of sex as a very linear process – foreplay -> intercourse -> orgasm. Your body has been trained to get to that end point. This is a different way of sex. It’s a series of undulating waves of sexual energy, building higher and higher, without having the wave crest for as long as possible.
Plus, this is one of those skills that it’s actually fun to practice and get better at!