Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegels confusion

Greetings, all.

I am now getting confused on Kegels, not how to do so, no, but on the timing and the days. I looked up the how to do a Kegel on this site and it says that it should be done every day. However, various sources says to do so every OTHER day. What would be a good suggestion on the days, reps, and the timing?

I do Kegels & RK 6x a week , off on Sunday. There are so many routines that you can try out. Just try one , tweak it to your liking and there you go

Comment

How many times should I do so? 50? 200? Morning and evening?

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin View Post
        How many times should I do so? 50? 200? Morning and evening?
        JP 90 has some Kegels routine & reverse kegels. Or you can just look at Kegels for beginners

Comment

Thank you for the information and advice, TANGO 5/10. However, I find the start/stop routine to be good, as well as the Kegel exercise on this site. So I may or may not use JP90, or I may not understand what he means.
          closed166
          Last edited by closed166; 11-20-2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the information and advice, TANGO 5/10. However, I find the start/stop routine to be good, as well as the Kegel exercise on this site. So I may or may not use JP90, or I may not understand what he means.
            The start/stop routine is for Edging/Ballooning along with Kegels & Reverse Kegels to learn your Pelvic Floor balance. Big AL has a kegels routine where you do 50x 5 second hold and release . You can mix in a 1 minutes Reverse kegel hold in between 10x set. That's one quick example but don't leave out the RK's , they are important. Once you tire of start & stop routine look into Plateau edging. This is more beneficial then start&stop Technique

Comment

I know how to do a regular kegel, retract your penis into your pubic bone, but how in the hell can you do RK? I'm still trying to do an erect Kegel, but I wonder if I can assist it by putting one of my hands behind the glans, stretch, then kegel as hard as possible. It might help me learn how to hold one for a while.

Comment

I know how to do a regular kegel, retract your penis into your pubic bone, but how in the hell can you do RK? I'm still trying to do an erect Kegel, but I wonder if I can assist it by putting one of my hands behind the glans, stretch, then kegel as hard as possible. It might help me learn how to hold one for a while.
                I know Reverse Kegels are difficult to get the hang of when you first start doing them. PEGym Kegels and Reverse Kegels . There are articles on these. The best way I can describe a RK is when you take a leak Force the flow out faster which gives you the basic tool for a Front Reverse Kegel & a Rear Reverse Kegel is actually using the muscle that makes you defecate without actually taking a crap. You'll be doing a lot of farting when you practice RK , it's just something you get used to doing. RK benefit the most when you hold for a long count because they relax your whole Pelvic Floor area. Also look into Hindi squats along with RK. They actually may make it easier to do with a little bobble up and down to get the blood flowing.

Comment

Awesome. I'll see if I can force it out, then try to apply that to my routine, which doesn't involve taking a whiz. Can I do an erect Kegel with one of my hands behind the glans while stretching so that I could understand how to do an erect kegel unassisted eventually? Also, TANGO 5/10, should I kegel every day, while taking a break from all other exercises for the next week? I was planning on edging, (masturbating?) then kegelling as it says under the Kegel exercises tab on this website that i should do it every day for 4-6 weeks, or is that wrong?
                  closed166
                  Last edited by closed166; 11-23-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Not to derail the topic, but is a reverse kegel basically the muscle you use when you, for lack of a better term...Want to urinate more forcefully? Or is it the muscle you use for bowel movements? I can do regular kegels easily, that's the muscle you use to stop the flow of urine.

Comment

Yes, the regular kegel lets you stop the flow of urine while the RK lets you urinate more forcefully. Try to balance them out and you'll have some good pelvic floor muscles, but it will take a while. Just look up kegels on this site and it'll tell you the benefits and how long it takes to get them. All I am trying to do is take a break for a week or so to let myself recover and try to do an erect kegel unassisted but I do not know how so I might stretch, then kegel and see if that helps.

Comment

Yes, the regular kegel lets you stop the flow of urine while the RK lets you urinate more forcefully. Try to balance them out and you'll have some good pelvic floor muscles, but it will take a while. Just look up kegels on this site and it'll tell you the benefits and how long it takes to get them. All I am trying to do is take a break for a week or so to let myself recover and try to do an erect kegel unassisted but I do not know how so I might stretch, then kegel and see if that helps.
                        Thanks, sounds simple enough!

Comment

Ah, but saying so and doing so are two different things altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson115 View Post
                            Not to derail the topic, but is a reverse kegel basically the muscle you use when you, for lack of a better term...Want to urinate more forcefully? Or is it the muscle you use for bowel movements? I can do regular kegels easily, that's the muscle you use to stop the flow of urine.
                            It's basically just called a Front Reverse Kegel & Rear Reverse Kegel .

Comment

Yup, I'm working on trying to pull off an erect kegel without having to go take a whiz. Could I use one of my hands to assist the kegel until I can use my PFM to do so?

Comment

Working...
                              X