Hi folks, glad to be here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks, glad to be here.

Been lurking for a week or so, so I thought it was time to introduce myself properly and get to know you better.

First off, would just like to say well done on a site full of great resources and support catered to help us, so Thanks! - to all the hardworking people that keep this place running and so interesting!

About me:

I'm a 40 year old guy, who, at the start of 2017, decided to get more into PE and see what's possible through training.

I'm married with kids and to be honest, never really considered anything PE based before, was really an online news item I was reading late last year that piqued my curiosity - The main subject of the news piece was a fluff style item about the bathmate range and it interested me enough to go ahead and purchase one.

I did a bit of research before diving right in (so to speak) and although I'm a complete novice to PE, I'm not an idiot and am aware of some of the damage you can do to yourself by running before you can walk as far as training regimes are concerned.

With that in mind, I've formulated an easy start type thing with the aim of ramping training up incrementally once my conditioning is at a greater level.

If it was not for the resources and great advice so readily available here, I'm sure I'd have damaged myself by now!

Anyway, enough from me - here's to better and bigger things!

Cheers!

LJ
    Start: Jan '17. Current: BPEL: +0.9" EG: +0.47"

Hey Matey! Glad to have you here with us!

Welcome to the gym that changes lives!

You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Matey, a warm a hearty welcome to the forums! So glad you took the time to join this awesome community. Looks like you have done some advance research, but to be safe, read everything under the START HERE button located above and in the stickies in the beginner forums. Choose a conditioning program to start your journey and ask questions along the way. Start slow and work your way up and pay attention to your PI's so you don't injure yourself. Welcome aboard and I look forward to your updates.

Comment

Thanks Jay and ZZ - I'm here for the long haul, so hopefully, through time, will be able to help new members to the same extent that yourselves and the others here have been able to so far.

Should I post what I'm doing here for critique?
        LJMatey
        Last edited by LJMatey; 01-21-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

A great attitude to start your journey. Enjoy the ride and let us help you along the way. Otherwise Jay will get you!

Comment

Welcome aboard Matey (hey it fits finally). Thanks for joining us. How about starting a log?
            ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Originally posted by TheZZMan View Post
              A great attitude to start your journey. Enjoy the ride and let us help you along the way. Otherwise Jay will get you!
              Who?? COD!!!

Comment

I pondered about starting a log but really, I'm a complete beginner and to be honest, I'm sure that others in a similar situation as myself would glean far better information from the more experienced members [pun unintended]

I am quite serious about this though and have my own notepad and pencil style log which I'm keeping track of things with. Right now (for example) I'm just really in the middle what I would class as a three week 'warm up/prep' before tackling a 'light' version of JP's 90 training program, which, once completed, 'should' have conditioned me enough to start the JP90 properly - (with light use of the bathmate during warm downs) probably do it through two cycles, before even looking at more advanced stuff to be honest.

Comment

Hey what's this? pick on the new guy? awww Jeez!

Comment

The top secret of PEGym is the only protection afforded a newby is for the newby with a log. No pressure you understand.

Comment

Start a log on PEgym. It'll keep you coming here!

JeEz, I've been coming here for how long?? I won't even mention my gains..

Comment

Lol - kk, colour me convinced...sheesh.

Irrespective of the log, I'll keep coming here anyway - Thinly veiled threats of Jay attacks or not! I've a few theories I'd wouldn't mind batting around with like-minded peeps and strangely as this may sound, the general vibe I'm getting here is: it doesn't actually matter what stage on the journey you are on, it's almost second place to the community as a whole and the supprt that we get from each other, really.

That's a really positive thing to have in a forum with so many people from various walks of life.

Comment

All true. Now about those theories? Lay it on is, Matey.

Comment

I'm all banana!

Comment

LJ,
                              Welcome to the best PE site on the web! So glad you are joining us.
                              The JP90 is a very advanced beginner routine, but it sounds like you're easing into it.
                              The log is a good idea. I started mine when I first stumbled upon PEGym. It's been a valuable record and resource for me...and it's kept me accountable.
                              Wishing you great success on your PE journey!
                              Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
                              Current ​BPEL 7 MSEG 5.87
                              Goal 8x6
                              Getinbig's progress log
                              Getinbig DP4000 Progress Log

Comment

Working...
                              X