Can you Kegel too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you Kegel too much?

Im bored at work and sitting at a desk most the time, I could Kegel all day long if I wanted. Id probably still stop on my off days, but would there be any negative or postitive effects of doing like 500 Kegels a day?
    Tahksis' Progress Log
    NBPEL\BPEL: 5.5\6" X EG: 4.5 - Started 4/12/10

The PC-muscle is also a muscle like the rest of the muscles. You don't work out your biceps every day?
    I do kegels every other day to give it some rest.
    Log
    Measurements (Current):
    BPEL: 7.25"
    HG: ~6.25"|MEG:6.25"|Low shaft EG:6.5"|BG: 7"

Comment

I am doing a 5 on 2 off routine right now. As I said, I would stop the kegels on the days off. My question though, is there any harm to doing a ton of them on the days im excercising? Im just starting and JP's routine says around 100 but I can do that pretty easily, and if it can help my EQ gains I would be happy to increase it. Thoughts?

ps
      gyrta your cock is really nice, I have no idea why youre here haha. but im glad you are for your advice and experiences.
      Tahksis' Progress Log

Comment

Yes, you can kegel too much. But you can work up to doing a lot.
        500 kegels at, say, 2 seconds a kegel, is 1000 seconds, or 16 minutes and 40 seconds. That is a nice workout but nothing extreme as long as you limit yourself to EVERY OTHER DAY and you work yourself into it. You can even do a lot more. I am now doing 36 minutes of kegels (in two sessions) and, at one time, I was doing over an hour.
        Pirate Diplomacy:
        The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Here comes my mantra again, it is not how many or how long you do anything, it is how well you do the ones you do. Do 500 half-ass kegels to my 5 1/2 minute routine done with intensity, and I can guarantee which one of us worked their pc muscle better. If you do a routine that absolutely wears your pc muscle out, you don't need to do one more kegel that day. I will bet you that if you do intense kegel workouts every day, eventually your routine (and your pc muscle) will suffer for it. The muscle needs time to rest.
          FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
          The Ultimate V (The UV)
          Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
          Heated Bundled LAS
          Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
            Here comes my mantra again, it is not how many or how long you do anything, it is how well you do the ones you do. Do 500 half-ass kegels to my 5 1/2 minute routine done with intensity, and I can guarantee which one of us worked their pc muscle better. If you do a routine that absolutely wears your pc muscle out, you don't need to do one more kegel that day. I will bet you that if you do intense kegel workouts every day, eventually your routine (and your pc muscle) will suffer for it. The muscle needs time to rest.
            Could you give me a link or describe an "intense" kegel routine that I can replace the 100 quick kegels with in the JP beginner routine? Thanks.

Just to be clear, I dont really want to do it like every day all the time. Thats not what im asking. I am just trying to increase the kegels i do in my routine, either by their intensity or by frequency, as Im trying to target my smooth muscle as much as possible. I like the idea of more intense Kegels so please any advise is welcome.
            Tahksis' Progress Log

Comment

Originally posted by tahksis View Post
              Could you give me a link or describe an "intense" kegel routine that I can replace the 100 quick kegels with in the JP beginner routine? Thanks.
              Try increasing the time and intensity of each Kegel.
              I started with 1-2 sec Kegels.
              Then I moved on to 5 sec Kegels.
              Now I'm doing 10 sec Kegels.

A way to start is to try and do as many 5 sec Kegels as you can, and you got to squeeze that muscle really, really hard and then harder.
              When you've done as many as you can you know your set count. Then increase the reps every other Kegel workout or so. And after two months or so increase the time, but never ever release that intensity in favor of rep counts.

How does that sound?
              "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
              - Maya Angelou

Comment

There are many different kinds of routines for kegels, and many just do X amount per day without even counting. My routine is simple in nature and sort of builds off a weight lifting routine where you add weight (hold time) to each succeeding set. Though it only takes a few minutes to do, my pc muscle is shot when I am done.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginners-forum/11513-6-1-2-minute-kegel-routine.html
                FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                The Ultimate V (The UV)
                Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                Heated Bundled LAS
                Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

I can kegel about 30 seconds before it starts to become a bit uncomfortable. I could probably go a minute, but im not out to hurt myself. Yeah I can feel that after doing two of those. I think ill split the difference for the moment and go 15.
                  Last edited by tahksis; 04-13-2010, 09:03 PM.
                  Tahksis' Progress Log

Comment

I can kegel about 30 seconds before it starts to become a bit uncomfortable. I could probably go a minute, but im not out to hurt myself. Yeah I can feel that after doing two of those. I think ill split the difference for the moment and go 15.
                    I can hold a kegel for 45 minutes.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
                      Damn!
                      Pirate Diplomacy:
                      The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Im bored at work and sitting at a desk most the time, I could Kegel all day long if I wanted. Id probably still stop on my off days, but would there be any negative or postitive effects of doing like 500 Kegels a day?
                        Yes, don't do this until you are conditioned enough. And if you go ahead and do it, then do quick ones at least. If you over kegel, then you might lose ability to keep long and hard erections. Ejaculation strength might also suffer.

Comment

KP, now why would you ever do this?

Comment

You're probably a master of the head swell technique then hee hee.
                            It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
                            Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

I wasnt really out to compare myself to anyone, just trying to get info. Thanks though.
                              Tahksis' Progress Log

Comment

Working...
                              X