X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheZZMan
    replied
    Originally posted by TooMuchTime View Post
    Ha, this is specifically what I was concerned about. My wife constantly does this when trying to lose weight. "I weight 105 last week, now I'm 107, I must be doing something wrong." I try to explain that there's a million factors that could account for it that don't require her to change her nutrition or exercise, but often it falls on deaf ears. I'll make an effort to be sure I don't fall for the same "trap" as you put it!

A follow up question, since you mentioned it, would be how does one go about "hanging"? Apologies if this is explained somewhere in an article, but I was hoping to get some info from a 1st hand account.
    If you are a beginner here, hanging is considered an advanced exercise. Make sure you complete your conditioning routine before venturing off into more advanced things like pumping, hanging, clamping, etc. Be safe first, this is a long road, don't want to risk injury.

For your wife, try this - Get a full glass of water and take it up to the bathroom scale. Have your wife stand on the scale and take a weight measurement. Have her step off and ask her to hold the glass of water and step back on the scale. She will weight 1.2 pounds more just holding a glass of water. This was how I finally got my wife to understand water weight and the daily fluctuations. Will make her feel better about the daily ebb and flow of the scale number.

Leave a comment:

• tspot180
    replied
    I find overly salted foods damage my EQ as well as eating too much sugar.

Leave a comment:

• Big Al
    replied
    For consistency, one should attempt to measure under as identical conditions as one can manage. Time of day, activities performed beforehand, foods and other factors can affect the measurement outcome.

Leave a comment:

• MulejuiceMcQuaid
    replied
    Hanging is attaching weights to your penis and letting gravity create constant tension for you, instead of trying to stretch manually with your hands. There's different ways to do it and different ways to secure the weight to your member. What I do is use a vacuum chamber bell to secure my head, and then hang the weights through a pulley system so I can sit or lay down while getting the same tension as if I was standing with it dangling between my legs.

Leave a comment:

• TooMuchTime
    replied
    Originally posted by MulejuiceMcQuaid View Post
    One trap to watch out for is the, "I was able to snap a pic of me at this BPEL so that's what I am," only to feel like you're stuck the next month or two while catching up to that outlier measurement. It really sucks to get your hopes up like that. Now I don't bother taking a picture if I can't hit that mark on the ruler 50% of the time, and the few times I do reach it is just a preview to motivate me. The lower than normal measurements I take, again as long as they are under 50% of the time, can also help show an upwards trend when they start appearing with less frequency.
    Ha, this is specifically what I was concerned about. My wife constantly does this when trying to lose weight. "I weight 105 last week, now I'm 107, I must be doing something wrong." I try to explain that there's a million factors that could account for it that don't require her to change her nutrition or exercise, but often it falls on deaf ears. I'll make an effort to be sure I don't fall for the same "trap" as you put it!

A follow up question, since you mentioned it, would be how does one go about "hanging"? Apologies if this is explained somewhere in an article, but I was hoping to get some info from a 1st hand account.

Leave a comment:

• MulejuiceMcQuaid
    replied
    I've heard some guys measure with morning wood because it's their best natural erection all day. Personally, I measure BPEL with a soft cockring that gives me just enough help to keep a full erection with a kegel long enough to get a reading, and I measure almost every day after a hanging session. I do it so frequently out of personal preference (it only takes 20 seconds after an hour or two of hanging commitment and I'm hard after anyway), but just as a recommendation I'd say twice a week is more than enough.

If your goal is accurate data, then you really can't measure too often under the same conditions. But if you don't measure enough then you risk having bad data, since you can't eliminate your statistical outliers. So if you only measure once a month you could record a really high end figure Month A, and then record an unusually low end figure Month B, so even though you've gained substantially in that time, you could still get the same number on paper and get discouraged. But with the situation reversed, you could also be doing a shitty routine and have a gain on paper (that isn't real) which encourages you to stick with something that's not working because you can't tell the difference.

One trap to watch out for is the, "I was able to snap a pic of me at this BPEL so that's what I am," only to feel like you're stuck the next month or two while catching up to that outlier measurement. It really sucks to get your hopes up like that. Now I don't bother taking a picture if I can't hit that mark on the ruler 50% of the time, and the few times I do reach it is just a preview to motivate me. The lower than normal measurements I take, again as long as they are under 50% of the time, can also help show an upwards trend when they start appearing with less frequency.

Trying to measure girth seems so much harder though, as that fluctuates even more than length unless you only measure clamped (which I don't find as useful). But I measure with my soft cockring again, pulling the tailors tape snug, and then do a kegel while I give some slack to the tape as it expands with me. Whatever number it hits here, is what I use. But I do this much less often as I'm not even focusing on girth gains at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• TooMuchTime
    started a topic Measuring consistency

Measuring consistency

Back when I was a fitness nut, before I hurt my neck/back, when I was cutting weight or attempting to reach a certain level of bodyfat I would only measure at a specific time a day once a week, since those values could fluctuate wildly if those conditions changes (or if i drank the night before, had breakfast first, etc...).

My question is do you find that taking measurements fluctuates in a similar way to body weight throughout the day, and also, how often should i be measuring such that I can track progress, but not alter my workouts based on what might just be natural fluctuations? Once a week? Once a month?
Working...
X