Clamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamping

Anybody know any links to a clamp I could get, I had a red Cable Wraptor was what it was called, I got it at Ace hardware. I think it was the middle size they had, and I closed it and it broke, so it has no locking aspect to it now. so is there any not too expensive clamps that I should look at getting? Thanks.
    10/06/16 FL: 3.75 FG: 4.25 BPEL: 5.4 EG: 5.1
    04/08/17 FL: 5.00 FG: 5.50 BPEL: 6.125 EG: 5.75

I picked up a four pack of medium size, two inch diameter Cable Cuff Pro clamps for 11 bucks on Amazon. I snapped two red Cable Clamp brands previously so I wanted to switch brands and buy extras right away because these will likely break too under the forces I'm going to put them under.

I wish there was an all metal version with the same functionality.
    BPEL-MSEG in inches (fatpad 1.0)
    Jun '16: 6.0 - 5.0 (ballpark)
    Apr '17: 6.5 - 5.3
    Jan '18: 7.0 - 5.4
    Sep '18: 7.5 - 5.5
    Current: 7.8 - 5.6
    Goal__: 8.0 - 5.6 (I'm stuck in a plateau)

Photos in profile

Comment

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. it would probably not be the best for comfort, but so it has the strength to not break, yes that is what is needed. but there needs to be something that has some malleability and flexibility to be able to not just snap when put under pressure.
      10/06/16 FL: 3.75 FG: 4.25 BPEL: 5.4 EG: 5.1
      04/08/17 FL: 5.00 FG: 5.50 BPEL: 6.125 EG: 5.75

Comment

I looked at different hardware options, and anything metal seems to require long screws which would take forever to put on and take off with a screwdriver. There are some with "key screws" that look promising since you could do it by hand but I'm not sold on that idea either. I use a silicone sleeve pulled over my skin, with an elastic waistband as a wrap on that which the clamp sits on, so comfort wouldn't be an issue for me switching to metal, just functionality. Which I can't find except in plastic options.

When my last clamp broke I used three shoestrings braided together, tied around a pencil, to twist off and create pressure. It was super strong and could apply more force than a plastic clamp without coming close to breaking, but it still wasn't as easy as plastic clamps to quickly put on and release either. If you're going through a lot of plastic clamps, this might be an option though.
        BPEL-MSEG in inches (fatpad 1.0)
        Jun '16: 6.0 - 5.0 (ballpark)
        Apr '17: 6.5 - 5.3
        Jan '18: 7.0 - 5.4
        Sep '18: 7.5 - 5.5
        Current: 7.8 - 5.6
        Goal__: 8.0 - 5.6 (I'm stuck in a plateau)

Photos in profile

Comment

I just get mine from home depot. Never had one break.
          Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
          Recommended Routine
          2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > Jan 2020 (7 3/4 x 5 3/4) > Sept 2020 (8 x 5 3/4)
          BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Burrito View Post
            I just get mine from home depot. Never had one break.
            Iíve broken many cable clamps and cable cuff clamps (same company) over the past four years of clamping.
            Iím thinking of trying plastic gear ties from Home Depot or Loews after hearing about them from yotguy here on the forum.
            My guess is that I will stick with my modified cable cuffs because theyíre comfortable, safe and work so well. I just put them under lots of pressure so they break. A few years ago I learned to always have a backup clamp ready to go...
            Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
            Current ​BPEL 7 MSEG 5.87
            Goal 8x6
            Getinbig's progress log
            Getinbig DP4000 Progress Log

Comment

I bought mine from walmart for a couple bucks and havent had any issues

Comment

Working...
              X