Beginner Question: Managing Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Question: Managing Expectations

I've gandered at PE on and off, but I think this time I'm ready to do it.

Whenever I start an endeavour that I want to do well in, I always set goals to aim for within a given time frame to help with managing my expectations.

I searched around the forum couldn't figure this out.

I've seen conflicting information: posters say that up to 1-2 inches in length and 0.5-1 inches in girth in a year is possible-- but some say that's too optimistic while adding any fast gainers merely experienced better EQ hence their substantial short term gains.

I'd like to ask some questions directly, so I can spend some of my spare hours PEing, not sifting through the forum.

Questions:

1. The EQ boost in the beginning, how much would it affect my size? I can't imagine any more than 0.25-0.5 inches, and would this be length or girth?

2. I'm starting with 5.5x4.5.
    First goal: 7x5
    Ultimate goal: 7.5x5.5

I've not attached any time scale because I can't figure out if 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or so is realistic.
    (Some part of me says 8x6,but that's not priority)

3. I read on the PE survey that warming down after the exercises isn't recommended. It's this true, if so then why?

I'll start with the JP90 3 month routine (5 days on, 2 days off). Then increase the overall reps by 50 from month 4.

4. Did you find that being active in this forum helped you keep going, or keeps you on track?

I look forward to your feedback and advice
    DrDolittle
    Last edited by DrDolittle; 12-29-2018, 11:48 PM.

Bump

Comment

You can think about creating multiple expectations,(why not ?).

A beginners conservative increase of maybe 1/4 inch for the first year.
      An "I'm learning and altering what I am doing" of maybe 1/2 inch after 18 months goes by.
      A more "wild" expectation, as maybe getting more aggressive, using devices, building upon the success & failures along your pe 'path', maybe an inch in 2 years or less.

This is a journey, and having benchmarks along the way, is your way of mapping your journey.
      Bonus- you get to edit your map as things change.

This is managing your expectations.
      Have an exciting pe journey !
      Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Dangler is bang on IMHO.

As for keeping me going, I hang after doing my intro JP90, so when I'm hanging I use the time to keep up on the forum here.
        Original/Current Stats:
        09 / 2017: BPEL 6.75" / NBPEL 6" / MEG 4.75" / BPFSL 7.25"
        09 / 2019: BPEL 7.625" / NBPEL 6.625" / MEG 5" / BPFSL 8.125"

Realistic Goals:
        BPEL 8" / NBPEL 7.0" / MEG 5.25"

Comment

Hey Dr. D !

It would be a good idea to Review the information under the Start Here button at the top left of the page. Lots of good information on what the Gym is all about, including best practices and safety tips.

It is always recommended to start with a beginners routine (doesn't have to be the JP) and continue with it for 90 days or until you stop gaining. Start slowly and build up to the full routine over a few weeks.

Jelq with an erection level between 40 and 70%. Do not grip too tight, just enough to feel blood moving up the shaft. When stretching, grab your shaft about one inch below the glans and do not pull too hard, just enough to to feel a slight stretch. Let your PIs be your guide as to how hard to pursue your routine.

I added devices after conditioning my dick and yet it took me over four years to gain an inch in length and girth.

Don’t forget to take good starting measurements and photos so you have a solid base to compare your gains to.

PE safely and good luck with your endeavors.

Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDolittle View Post
            Questions:

1. The EQ boost in the beginning, how much would it affect my size? I can't imagine any more than 0.25-0.5 inches, and would this be length or girth?

2. I'm starting with 5.5x4.5.
            First goal: 7x5
            Ultimate goal: 7.5x5.5

I've not attached any time scale because I can't figure out if 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or so is realistic.
            (Some part of me says 8x6,but that's not priority)

3. I read on the PE survey that warming down after the exercises isn't recommended. It's this true, if so then why?

I'll start with the JP90 3 month routine (5 days on, 2 days off). Then increase the overall reps by 50 from month 4.

4. Did you find that being active in this forum helped you keep going, or keeps you on track?

I look forward to your feedback and advice
            1 - Perhaps up to 0.5in in length

2 - One thing I have found about PE is I have been constantly figuring out what works since I began, and that can take time to give the adjustments or changes a chance to take effect.

3 - I can't speak to the PE survey, but I don't do a warm down. As for the JP90, in the beginning I had to scale way back on the reps, and also increase the number of rest days. You'll have to find out what works for you.

Comment

Thank you for your replies, they are much appreciated! Though, one thing I noticed that some posts I've encountered across the board say to focus on gaining length before girth as opposed to aiming for both. Why is that?

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
              You can think about creating multiple expectations,(why not ?).

A beginners conservative increase of maybe 1/4 inch for the first year.
              An "I'm learning and altering what I am doing" of maybe 1/2 inch after 18 months goes by.
              A more "wild" expectation, as maybe getting more aggressive, using devices, building upon the success & failures along your pe 'path', maybe an inch in 2 years or less.

This is a journey, and having benchmarks along the way, is your way of mapping your journey.
              Bonus- you get to edit your map as things change.

This is managing your expectations.
              Have an exciting pe journey !
              Thank you. As a result of this thread, I believe I can go on with a clear head!

What I tend to do is have one overall expectation e.g. 7.5x5.5 and then a "what I'd be happy with" which is 7x5. Though, I like the conservative increases you proposed, I may implement them.

I don't think I'm at the stage where I'd consider devices yet (I don't have the privacy at home to purchase them discreetly).

I'm viewing it as I would with a gym workout where I know I'm not going to get an insane amount of muscle and lose an insane amount of fat in a short time. Though, the differing factor was I was unable to find "reasonable" PE targets unlike gym ones which are everywhere. I'd rather aim for conservative targets, unlike when I first joined the forum, I am quite comfortable with myself and I know that if I damage my pecker, I wouldn't be happy. Same principle with weight loss/muscle gain in terms of fast vs slow results and the consequences.

Originally posted by not2big View Post
              Hey Dr. D !

It would be a good idea to Review the information under the Start Here button at the top left of the page. Lots of good information on what the Gym is all about, including best practices and safety tips.

It is always recommended to start with a beginners routine (doesn't have to be the JP) and continue with it for 90 days or until you stop gaining. Start slowly and build up to the full routine over a few weeks.

Jelq with an erection level between 40 and 70%. Do not grip too tight, just enough to feel blood moving up the shaft. When stretching, grab your shaft about one inch below the glans and do not pull too hard, just enough to to feel a slight stretch. Let your PIs be your guide as to how hard to pursue your routine.

I added devices after conditioning my dick and yet it took me over four years to gain an inch in length and girth.

Don’t forget to take good starting measurements and photos so you have a solid base to compare your gains to.

PE safely and good luck with your endeavors.
              Thank you! I'll review it asap, it was one of those where when I had those questions in my head I wouldn't be able to review the info clearly in my angst to start asap. I'm leaning towards JP for 3 months though. However, I reckon by the end of the 3rd month I should know how to change my routine.

4 years, that's quite a lot when you consider the desire to get results. Did you find that being active in the community kept you going? Personally, if it was a solitary activity, I'd find it tough.

Originally posted by Ellford View Post
              Dangler is bang on IMHO.

As for keeping me going, I hang after doing my intro JP90, so when I'm hanging I use the time to keep up on the forum here.
              Thank you! I'll keep active as I'm doing it, as a little reminder. Akin to how being around people in the gym keeps you motivated.

Originally posted by halcyon_ View Post
              1 - Perhaps up to 0.5in in length

2 - One thing I have found about PE is I have been constantly figuring out what works since I began, and that can take time to give the adjustments or changes a chance to take effect.

3 - I can't speak to the PE survey, but I don't do a warm down. As for the JP90, in the beginning I had to scale way back on the reps, and also increase the number of rest days. You'll have to find out what works for you.
              Thank you! This gives me with a rough model to work with.

1. Anything with girth? I read on the JP guide that girth gains are typical

2. Going by this and the other replies, am I right in thinking that its like working out where you have to find the workouts that work best for you?

3. Isn't that potentially dangerous; why don't you warm down? I'm a bit conscious about the warm down aspect as I defo don't want to do any damage.

Comment

No offence to anyone, but I have zero expectation that I'll see any significant increase in length from a total of 10 minutes of manual stretching a day. But it's hardly a great time investment so I'll try it anyway - five mins during my morning shower and five mins during my evening shower after the gym. If I see even a third of an inch of actual growth in a year, I'll be truly amazed. I think this is a healthy mindset to have. Try not to raise your hopes too much. Above all, be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDolittle View Post
                  1. Anything with girth? I read on the JP guide that girth gains are typical

2. Going by this and the other replies, am I right in thinking that its like working out where you have to find the workouts that work best for you?

3. Isn't that potentially dangerous; why don't you warm down? I'm a bit conscious about the warm down aspect as I defo don't want to do any damage.
                  1 - When I did a modified JP90 I had some girth gains as well, if someone hasn't done PE before, conditioning is most likely a factor so the vascular system improvements from jelqing can lead to girth gains.

2 - Yes eventually one can move onto other exercises and routines and tailor them to suit their physiology and lifestyle after the beginner routine has been done. In my opinion I actually say to continue the beginner routine as long as one is seeing gains, but that's up to you and I don't think there is a "wrong" answer. It is, however, important to do the entire beginner routine for conditioning.

3 - Well I live in a warm climate and I also dress warm, so that did factor into my decision to not do a warm down. I monitored my PIs closely (and still do), and nothing was out of the ordinary.
                  halcyon_
                  Last edited by halcyon_; 12-30-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob938984 View Post
                    No offence to anyone, but I have zero expectation that I'll see any significant increase in length from a total of 10 minutes of manual stretching a day. But it's hardly a great time investment so I'll try it anyway - five mins during my morning shower and five mins during my evening shower after the gym. If I see even a third of an inch of actual growth in a year, I'll be truly amazed. I think this is a healthy mindset to have. Try not to raise your hopes too much. Above all, be safe.
                    Rob,

Thanks for commenting on this thread. In order to avoid hijacking someone else's thread and if you have questions or concerns about your stretching rountine, feel free to start a progress log and we will be happy to help and/or comment.
                    How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change.” - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

Comment

Originally posted by Ujjayi View Post
                      Rob,

Thanks for commenting on this thread. In order to avoid hijacking someone else's thread and if you have questions or concerns about your stretching rountine, feel free to start a progress log and we will be happy to help and/or comment.
                      Apologies, and thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                      X