Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My routine advice and general thoughts on exercises.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My routine advice and general thoughts on exercises.

Hey guys!

Really must introduce myself in the Introduction section (will do that soon! ). I am only 2 weeks into my journey on the JP90 routine but have been loving reading all about all of the different exercises and trying to get a little more knowledgeable about the world of PE

I was just wondering if some other users might like to add some suggestions or thoughts to what I have been pondering on lately in terms of routines and exercises for a new user? Here is my thought process below based off of my reading so far on PEGym.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Current Focus:

Length with a little girth thrown in. Definitely want girth in future, but following the ‘length first approach’ advice by many.

Current Routine:

- Rice sock 20 mins warmup
    - JP90 routine word for word
    - After completing JP90 routine and a warm down I do 20 minutes LAS Stretch sitting upright in bed.
    - Kegels and Edge 15 mins hopefully gradually increase this time
    - Kegels/Reverse Kegels and JAI Stretches through-out the day in shower and toilet breaks, every day.

- I do this routine 5 days on 2 days rest.

- On my 2 days rest I do nothing, except JAI stretches throughout the day. I do plan to occasionally do a 20 minute LAS Stretch sitting upright in bed on the evening of my final rest day after heating for 20 minutes with the rice sock.

- I do overhand grip for the standard jelqs. I feel like I can get my grip closer to the base. I also add my second hand and ‘clamp and wait at the base’ when my first hand reaches mid shaft in the jelq. Then I run my first hand to the base of the glands and then remove my first hand before commencing with my second hand. I get a better ‘blood bulge’ doing it this way as opposed to adding my second hand when my first hand reaches the glands.

Planned Routine after conditioning with JP90 and hitting a plateau:

- Rice sock 20 mins warmup
    - JP90 Stretches
    - A-Stretch
    - KITJ Jelqs
    - Ultimate V Jelqs
    - After rice sock warm down 20 minutes LAS Stretch sitting upright in bed.
    - Kegels and Edge
    - Kegels/Reverse Kegels and JAI Stretches through-out the day in shower and toilet breaks, every day.

Future exercises to consider implementing:

Side to Sides, Bundled Stretches, ULI’s, Slow Squash Jelqs, Squeezes, Erect Bends, PNF Stretch, Tunica tugs, Inner Stretches, Extender and transition into Hanging.

Current Supplements:

L Citrulline – 7 grams daily. 1 hour before workout.

Favourite Progress Logs:

PurpleOnes, MadYogi, Looking 4 More, Pound per Inch, Getinbig

Thoughts:

- Bundled stretches are so well received. I was excited to add these to my routine next after JP90. I have seen in logs and comments that many PE'rs transition from JP90 into Bundled Stretches next. But I have read also from a user (Wurst - Thunders Palace) who created a thread about Bundled Stretches say that they should be done later into your PE Journey as these stretches can hinder further length gains - thoughts guys?
    Are you less likely to gain from beginner exercises if you try a beginner stretch routine after an intermediate stretch routine? or is it simply suggested to do beginner routines first to prevent injury?

A post I liked from the user Girf here at PEGym
    The most effective stretching is the exercise that is the closer to your PE level. If you do an exercise that is too easy for you, you will not have (significant) gains. If you do an exercise that is too difficult for you, you will get injured.

Example of a list of manual stretching exercises from least to most difficult :
    - Basic Stretch Downward : mastery = 4x60s
    - Side to Side Stretch : mastery = 4x60rep
    - A-Stretch : mastery = 4x60s
    - Bundled Stretch : mastery = 4x60s
    Once you have reaped the benefits of Basic Stretch Downard reaching the mastery, you go for the next exercise.
    3 months spent on each exercise (total = 12 months) would be a great way to be conditioned for more advanced exercises like Hanging.
    I would recommend to pair these exercises with Fowfer (4x5min for example), this exercise is pure gold. You would just have to increase the intensity as you progress.
    - I'm considering doing all of my standard jelqs in one set, followed by all of my V jelqs in one set. Instead of alternating between a set of standard jelqs, and a set of V jelqs. The theory is to increase fatigue on my unit for that particular exercise. Thoughts guys?

- Stretching before or after Jelqing
    A post I liked by Lizardia here at PEGym

What works best for me is a sustained stretch. I warm up until my tissues are VERY hot, stretch and hold it. The longer the better.
    I try to stretch this way for about 30 mintues. I wlll vary my angles on occasion. I try to stay very relaxed. Then the last 5-7 minutes
    I cool down while stretched.

Can't say for sure that this will work for everybody but here is the support for why I do it this way.

Lehman and associates (1970) studied the effects of heat and stretching on rat tail tendons.6 The results indicated that heating alone produced no significant elongation and that stretching alone produced no residual elongation. Significant elongation occurred if heat and stretch were combined. A greater increase in length was maintained if the stretch was held during the period of cooling since “reorganization of the tissues is thought to occur during the cooling period.”6 Overall, the most effective method of producing a plastic deformation of connective tissue was to apply a sustained stretch during the application of heat and to maintain the stretch during the period of cooling. (Italics and underlines mine)

Last edited by waldojimmy; 05-22-2020, 05:14 AM.

It's good to plan for later in the journey and I'm glad you are looking ahead. Keep all those options in mind and stick with the JP90 routine for its entire course. At minimum, every couple weeks add more stretch time/jelqs. You want to keep gradually increasing the intensity of your workout. Be sure to measure progress monthly or bi-weekly. As long as you are seeing positive results (length/girth gains, increased EQ, etc.) stick with the JP90 and milk it for all it's worth. Then once you seem to level out move to something different, the Advanced Jelq Free routine is a good one.

Be careful not to add too many variables all at once because you really want to know what's working vs not and it's really hard to do that when you introduce too much change at once. I'd say gradually add a new combination every month or so. You just need enough time to evaluate what you are currently doing before changing things up again. PE smarter, not harder.

Personally, side to side stretches did wonders for me and then squeezes and clamping was superb for girth. DO NOT CLAMP UNTIL YOU HAVE PE'D FOR MINIMUM SIX MONTHS!!!

Be sure to keep a good progress log going so that other members can see what you have been doing and offer help along your journey. Best of luck bro!
    Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
    Recommended Routine
    2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > Jan 2020 (7 3/4 x 5 3/4) > Sept 2020 (8 x 5 3/4)
    BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Sounds like you have a good feel and sense of your jelq form, you could probably gain off that alone
      "I will lick my dick"

Comment

Looks like you've been doing your homework. Now comes the time for patience and consistency. I had great gains my first 90 days with the basic warmup > stretching > jelqing > edging protocol. I am now looking at my options to mix that up a bit, but that seems to be pretty standard. It also follows my general arousal pattern, so by the time I get to edging, I'm ready to explore the plateau!

Start a log of your own.

Resist the temptation to do it all at once.

Don't be afraid to up the volume over time, but be realistic about your physical indicators. Don't ignore your body.
        START : 2/6/2020
        BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
        CURRENT : 2/10/2021
        BPEL : 7.875" - BaseEG : 5.625" - MSEG : 5.5"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Originally posted by madyogi View Post
          Looks like you've been doing your homework. Now comes the time for patience and consistency. I had great gains my first 90 days with the basic warmup > stretching > jelqing > edging protocol. I am now looking at my options to mix that up a bit, but that seems to be pretty standard. It also follows my general arousal pattern, so by the time I get to edging, I'm ready to explore the plateau!

Start a log of your own.

Resist the temptation to do it all at once.

Don't be afraid to up the volume over time, but be realistic about your physical indicators. Don't ignore your body.
          Listen to this.
          Iíve been doing the warm up, stretch, jelq, edge for nearly a year with excellent gains. If anything the only thing I have changed is volume and intensity. For your own sake listen to your body. Itís a marathon, not a sprint. Look at the guys who have had some success. Consistency is a common theme.
          Tissue Growth Clues Theory
          My Log

Comment

Thank you for the responses guys
            Thank you Ultimate Burrito, I am following the JP90 routine word for word and doing the exact amount of reps/sets. Should I add extra reps ontop of the amounts mentioned in the JP90 routine if my PI's are positive?

It seems that after PE'rs have conditioned and completed the full JP90 duration they often consider some of these options:

1. Continue JP90 (JP180)
            - add nothing more - just slowly integrate more reps/intensity. Milk this routine until there is nothing left to gain.

OR

2. Ultimate V's and Ultimate Jelqs

OR

3. Big Al's Jelq free routine.

A user who inspired me to look into the Ultimate Jelq's and Ultimate V's post JP90 is Purpleones (log here, and post #224 he starts to modify the routine after completing JP90 https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...ournal-23.html)

It's clear JP90 is a common favourite to start, but then after JP90 there is a very even split across the board with many successful routines! Regarding JP180, UV's and UJ's or the Jelq Free Routine; the efficacy of all 3 options seems so equally split! Would I be right in saying that all three routines post JP90 are as good as each other?

I added my idea of a routine (first post - planned routine) with the intention of prioritising length over girth, but still adding a little girth in the mix. Plenty of time to set something in stone yet, I still have a long time to condition. But still on the drawing board!
            Last edited by waldojimmy; 05-21-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X