Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to kegel while RKing? Not "is it good/bad", is it POSSIBLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to kegel while RKing? Not "is it good/bad", is it POSSIBLE?

The other day I was doing what I think (or thought?) are RKs, but I noticed that while I was "pushing", I could still also do kegels. So the reason I ask "is it possible" is that if it isn't possible, then that means whatever I was doing weren't RKs (or at least proper RKs)

Thanks!

RK's are a relaxing of the PF muscles. What you were doing was trying to expand them using your diaphragm while, at the same time, contracting them.

Comment

So you can k the ic muscle whilst rk other pelvic floor muscles for instance .

Comment

Okay, so just to confirm, the two aren't mutually exclusive actions, and being able to do them at the same time doesn't necessarily mean that I'm doing one or both of them wrong?

Comment

The same muscle can not be both as a rk requires you relax the muscle and intra ab pressure stretches it . A kegel is a contraction . There is more than one muscle in the pelvic floor though .

You can create pressure and also do a kegel in which case the pressure would have difficulty stretching the (contracted) muscle defeating th purpose

Comment

If I relaxed, did the intra ab pressure thing, and didn't also do a kegel, would that be a proper RK?

*edit: Sorry if it seems like I keep asking the same question. I feel like I'm close to understanding but not quite there*
            Last edited by BBAlt; 02-08-2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X