Why Does Edging Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Edging Work?

I'm not an edging man, but people are talking about it constantly on this forum. I was looking at the edging 101 thread, but its more focused on the how, not the why. I'm interested in any theories on this.

Why does edging work? Is the the internal pressure of the blood pushing the the Tunica that results in a size increase or is it something else? Does it increase testosterone? Is there another effect I'm unaware of?

I suppose I see how this could actually help you heal in an elongated state after your PE routine; I wonder if it has something to do with length gains from edging?
    My progress journal / useful PE links

edging helps you improve your sexual stamina so you don't end up becoming the "one minute man" .... edging after a workout gives your penis fresh new blood and also helps in maximizing the effects of your workouts leading to better gains ....

Comment

Why does edging work? Because it feels good when you do it!
      No, seriously, as I understand it, when you edge, you remain around 95-100% erect for at least 20 minutes. It should in some way condition your penis to accept more blood, especially when you do it after your workout. Does it lead to any hormonal stimulation, I don't think so but who knows?
      I'd be interested too to hear any theory about the subject
      Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

Comment

put very simply the penis spends more time in its full size and becomes used to reaching more capacity, doing so more quickly and staying like that for longer. The baloon analogy is very appropriate. Edging is one of the few PE excerises that i know has definately worked for me. I find it strange that many people here are reluctant to include it in their workout.
        04/2010 6.1x4.9"
        07/2011 7.2x5.5"

Comment

Originally posted by EQKing View Post
          maximizing the effects of your workouts
          How does edging maximize the effect of a PE workout? For me it's still very ambiguous. If theres another thread that explains the physiology of this, you can just post a link...

Originally posted by sg0123456 View Post
          I find it strange that many people here are reluctant to include it in their workout
          I think the reluctance is based on the lack of information. People like me are wondering how or why it can help. I didn't realize people were staying erect for 20 minutes. I speculated on healing in an elongated state... that sort of supports that. It's all still pretty unclear for me though.
          blink2000
          Last edited by blink2000; 08-11-2010, 07:34 AM.
          My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Hello guys, I have the same doubt as Blink2000. I am afraid to overtrain it when I add edging at the end of a work out, because it sounds like a pretty tiring job for the penis after a workout. Any more information/theory about edging would be greatly appreciated.

In other word, I am afraid that edging is going to hinder my recovering. I always link edging to masturbating, are the the same thing?
            AP90 member.

Comment

I have spent 3 hours + in an extended state, having sex. And I am quite sure blink has as well, I have a hard time swallowing its potential for gains. I know kp is an advocate for it. I have no doubt that it can help with erectile quality, which according to sparky is paramount to gaining, so like a lot of people I remain undecided on this one. Having a boner for a long time sure as hell never made me gain.
              Was: 5.4" BPEL X 4.1" MSEG
              Now: ~7" BPEL X 4.5" MSEG
              One Day: 7.5" BPEL X 5" MSEG

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...ent-guide.html

Comment

Edging has given me my largest measurements both in length and in girth. I have hit 11" many times while lying down--this with a tape measure after an hour or two of edging--I also hit 8" base girth a couple of times at the end of a long edging session. My edging sessions normally run for an hour or more--sometimes two hours.

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                  ...My edging sessions normally run for an hour or more--sometimes two hours...
                  Is this the solution for extra gains? Damn, I'll have to cut in my sleep time.
                  Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

Comment

Not worth it mate.
                    Was: 5.4" BPEL X 4.1" MSEG
                    Now: ~7" BPEL X 4.5" MSEG
                    One Day: 7.5" BPEL X 5" MSEG

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...ent-guide.html

Comment

The concept of edging makes sense to me. Although I've not measured, my cock looks and feels a little bit longer and thicker to me after a good jelqing workout. Keeping the blood flowing through my penis for an extended period will encourage this more engorged state to become the norm.

Comment

I would say edging is very beneficial... just restating a) It'll help prevent precum by training yourself to delay or avoid the PONR initially during sexual stimulation. b) It help fills the penis with fresh blood and engorges the penis with blood post-w/o or on an off-day to help in the recovery of the penile tissues and fill the "blood chambers" to promote the increase in gains... although nothing short term will affect this - it will definitely help in the long term. I noticed I made the best gains when I was edging consistently with PE 3-4 times / week
                        A Bigger Beginning w/ Dante311 - Log
                        NEW LOG!

May '15 - 6.9" BP
                        GOAL - 7.5 BP

Comment

So if the benefits of edging are based on keeping an erection for a longer period of time, wouldn't pumping or wearing a cock ring have the same effect if you did it for the same amount of time? Seems logical to me because your still forcing the penis to fill with blood and keeping it there.

Comment

i too have never understood why edging is attributed to size gains. i have tried edging now with morning wood for about 2 weeks, once a week on an off day... and i definitely think it benefits your sexual stamina and lasting power(and how much you jizz lol). but on a lot of my workout days i have sex sometimes less then 2 hrs later, and the sex usually lasts at least for 25min. this is basically the same thing as edging and i really dont feel like this process can lead more size in length.

from arguments for edging, it seems the main 2 reasons people advocate edging is because you stay erect for a while (which i already addressed above) or it brings in new blood to your penis to promote faster recovery and rebuilding. This sounds logical, but if it is true than why not just get a full boner for 15seconds directly after your workout. wouldnt this do the same thing?

Comment

you dont need to edge right after you workout edge or baloon when you can its a great feeling your penis reaches full capacity and yes it is an excercise so treat it as one, it is a more pleasurable work out and worst case scenario you can get from it is a tired penis for a day or two

Comment

Working...
                              X