Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• condom length

Hi guys,

I am curieus why there is such difference between the standard condom length ( 6,5 - 7 inches ) and average penis lenght - NBEL ( 5,5 - 6,3 inches). Why the standard lenght for condoms is bigger than the average penis size? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

So it can slip and you can get AIDS. Condom companies are trying to weed out the average sized guys.

Comment

Hi Biggie,

You think that the condom companies want to provide protection for all men by producing the condom with standard lenght bigger than the average penis lenght.

Comment

The condom makers don't want to make more different sizes than they have to. Most guys want condoms that cover the entire penis to prevent disease transmission.

The condom manufacturers do have to make a few different widths, because otherwise they would slip off of guys who are relatively thin and be unacceptably uncomfortable for guys who are girthy. The failure rate also goes up if the condom is overstretched. But for each width that they make, they make the condom long enough to completely cover all but the very longest of guys for whom that width is appropriate. They figure the vast majority of guys for whom they are too long will still be able to use them. They just don't roll them out completely.

Comment

I was joking.

Comment

"

The largest number of condoms in production for the average male (penis size from 12.7cm to 15.2cm), while the other sizes reserved for those few fortunate men. "
            Octobar, 2010:
            BPEL: 8.25"
            MSEG: 6.35"

Short Goal ( 01/02/2011 ) :
            BPEL: 8.65"
            MSEG: 6.75"

Long Goal :
            BPEL: 9.00"
            MSEG: 7.00"

Comment

It makes sense,

Thanks all of you!

Comment

they do make smaller condoms for us smaller guys
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Sept 2010 BPEL 5.25 x EG 4.25
                Feb 2011 BPEL 6.5 x EG 4.65
                Oct 2011 1yr posting BPEL 7 x EG 4.8 (now time to work on girth)

Comment

Originally posted by redbear52 View Post
                  ... and be unacceptably uncomfortable for guys who are girthy.
                  I'm not sure what girth they aim for having not really paid much attention, I just go into a chemist, buy condoms and leave. But I have to say they can be a little tight sometimes, especially at the bottom end, and I thought I was a pretty much average size at 5" around?

No danger of it slipping of course, but it does make me wonder.

(edit) certainly makes me think if I manage to hit my girth target that I'll have to buy XL condoms.. that's gotta be a pretty good feeling walking up to the counter
                  Last edited by spanky; 01-13-2011, 07:29 AM. Reason: as noted
                  "I want to go to my death bed one day knowing that even when my heart led me into the fire, I fucking did it anyway, and I have the story to tell."

Everything I know about Premature Ejaculation

Your dick is almost certainly big enough. Relax

Comment

Average is alittle under 5", but some guys feel comfortable with a tighter condom than others. You could try different brands, I would not advise large fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      I would not advise large fit.
                      heh, yeah, maybe not now. I'm pretty sure if I manage more than 1/8" gain doing PE normal condoms would be quite uncomfortable though.

of course, buying larger condoms could make you a few new friends who work in retail
                      "I want to go to my death bed one day knowing that even when my heart led me into the fire, I fucking did it anyway, and I have the story to tell."

Comment

Have been buying large fit for some time at the local supermarket, no one notices.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                          Have been buying large fit for some time at the local supermarket, no one notices.
                          Well, that's just not right is it

Comment

When I last used condoms I was probably around 5.25" MSEG but around half an inch thicker where the ring or "bead" of the condom usually winds up. I could use "regular sized" condoms (usually around 52 mm flattened width corresponding to an unstretched circumference of 4.1") but they were pretty uncomfortable. The Trojan Magnums have only a little more width at the bead, but have significant flare toward the closed end. I found those more comfortable and still secure.

Comment

Yes, Magnums are great, particularly if the base (bottom of condom) is the thickest part of your dick.
                              As to buying Mags in the store. I recently had to ask for them by name. I asked where the normal condom display was and they said you had to get them from the pharmacy (why). Of course a pretty good looking girl helped me with that. I'm sure she got asked that before, but I have no idea how many guys have asked for the wrong size to impress...
                              Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                              Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                              Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                              http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Working...
                              X