Jelqing - How hard is too hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelqing - How hard is too hard?

When I'm jelqing if I get hard erect I let it settle down a little so there's a little give, and it tends to stay around (I guess) 70% erect. At this level, I have to grip it pretty hard to hold the blood in, but I'm worried this is too hard. It doesn't hurt, and I can feel the shaft getting a good stretch, but I'm worried I'm too soft and might be either having no effect or worse, at risk of doing myself an injury this way.

Should I be trying to get harder before jelqing? Or is this ok?

thanks for any advice
    "I want to go to my death bed one day knowing that even when my heart led me into the fire, I fucking did it anyway, and I have the story to tell."

Everything I know about Premature Ejaculation

Your dick is almost certainly big enough. Relax

Not for a beginner, you may wind up hurting yourself. (I sustained my only injury from just this)
    70% seems a little too much. Try 50-60% where it's just about as long as when your erect but if you gave it a shake it would wiggle. Maybe even a little less until you become more confident in the form of this exercise. You don't squeeze very hard at all just ever so lightly. If done correctly your penis should grow larger but not harder while jelqing. If you're still having problems with that try the v-jelq for a while. It's a bit safer because it leaves room for blood to flow out of the penis if the pressure gets too high. The V-jelq doesn't require much pressure either. Just a little bit more than your hands natural pull to align the fingers.

Comment

ok, thanks man. I've been doing this on and off for some months now, so maybe a level 2 beginner I guess I just felt that unless I felt it actually raising pressure (and by that I mean shiny glans, veins swelling) that I wasn't actually stretching anything. I've read all about the theory here and thunders place, and I figured it was supposed to be a mildly traumatic thing we were doing. I haven't injured myself so far, it's just so hard to know what's risky and paranoia
      "I want to go to my death bed one day knowing that even when my heart led me into the fire, I fucking did it anyway, and I have the story to tell."

Comment

Well there's a few articles around the site about PI's you might want to refer to. Helps with beginners paranoia and is vital for knowing when to rest. A lot of injuries are slow building but so slight you may not notice it until you've gone too far.

Comment

Thanks man, that sounds like good advice

Comment

I think that if your PI's are good and you have no injury issues that you should stay doing what you are doing. Have you made any gains? Don't forget to mix up the equation by doing both V's and regular jelqing. How long are your routines?
            FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
            The Ultimate V (The UV)
            Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
            Heated Bundled LAS
            Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

If you're making gains and don't feel like you're injuring yourself, then keep at it. When the gains slow down, you may have to up time or intensity.
              To me, there is no shame in PE. It's no different than when guys first began to lift weights/bodybuild and it was a fringe thing. Now it's mainstream.

Comment

Well, apart from the flaccid gains, which are really difficult to quantify, it's more like it doesn't shrink so much and feels weightier than it's actually bigger, I suspect I haven't been regimented enough to see erect gains yet, though that said, I think I'm creeping up on that third mark past 6" on the tape measure, so yeah, "onwards and upwards!"

my rough routine is a 5-10 minute hot wrap warmup, 10 minutes or so stretching and massage, then 20-30 mins jelqing (3-5 second strokes) alternating between hands and straight/V variously rather than say, 5 of these, then ten of those. Then I'll have about a gentle 15 minutes warm down, slapping the old thing to get the blood to the surface and gentle massage & cranking shiatsu-style decreasing in intensity over time.

depending on my mood I might follow up with an edging session, and by this time I can usually go on edging for half an hour without too much trouble and a few reverse kegels (love this exercise) to keep things at bay.

Also, I tend to sneak in a quick 2 minute stretch when I go to the loo , so that a few times a day too.

I was doing two days on one day off a few months back for about 6 weeks, and that along with regular kegels probably gave me the flaccid gains I have now, but I got a little disappointed with no apparant erect gains at all so then took probably 6 weeks off and I'm now back on it. But last night, not long after starting up again, I definitely saw a teeny bit more BPEL, though I've been squeezing a lot harder (hence the OP) and wasn't sure if it was too much too soon.

I'm not crazy, I don't expect an inch in 3 months like some people claim, but a gradual half an inch in 6 months would be just dandy

Comment

frequent gentler exercise

Originally posted by spanky View Post
                  Also, I tend to sneak in a quick 2 minute stretch when I go to the loo , so that a few times a day too.
                  Actually that's got me thinking, 'cause it's a different approach to the usual 40 minute routine. Do you think there's any benefit to a more frequent gentle exercise like this? I don't have any negative PIs from doing it but if it's not going to have any effect there's no point me getting all OCD about doing it :P

I guess time will tell, but since I'm doing the workout too, it'll be difficult to know. I just wondered if any of you had any opionions one way or the other.

Comment

Working...
                  X