Overtraining the first day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtraining the first day?

Hi, I'm new here so let me give you a short background before my question. I have some ED/EQ issues that I and my doctors think is related to my chronic migraines that we now believe is being caused by sleep apnea. I'm not obese or have high blood pressure or the common reasons for apnea, I apparently just have a small airway. I'm working with my doctors to get that treated.

In the meantime I wanted to do whatever I could to help my EQ and came across The Hardness Factor and Exercising the Penis. I started with The Hardness Factor and I'm in Week 5 of his program taking all the supplements and vigilantly following the exercise program doing my best to modify my diet. I'm feeling great and recently started noticing some real improvements in my evening/morning erections, so I figured it was time to start working in some PE to kick it up another notch.

Even before I started, my initial impression on reading Exercising the Penis and knowing my body was that my pelvic floor muscles were probably weak, so kegels would be very important to me. Yesterday was my first day trying to follow The Basic Beginner's Routine from the book though I actually started the day before doing at least three kegel start/stops while urinating.

Mid-morning, I began by doing 20 kegels, holding each contraction for 2 seconds. This took almost a minute, when the book said I should be able to 3 sets of 20 in roughly a minute, and the muscles were definitely sore after just doing this. My initial thought was that I maybe shouldn't be trying to hold them for 2 seconds and I would make sure not to do hold them that long for the next set. After waiting a little while I did 20 JAI stretches.

A little while later, I tried to give myself and erection and was able to somewhat do it, but not really to a 100% level and it would go back down rather quickly.

I waited till late afternoon when the pelvic floor muscles felt normal again and did a 10 minute warm up with a heating pad, did 5 minutes of basic stretching (30 seconds holds in all 5 directions) followed by 10 minutes of wet jelqing using olive oil. Everything felt fine when I was doing this part of the routine. An hour or so before going to bed I did 20 more kegels and this time only held the contraction for a second and did not notice any soreness like the first set of 20. I decided less is more,0 and did not do the other 20 kegels I was "supposed" to do since I had the seemingly adverse reaction to the first set earlier in the day.

I had planned to take 2 days off and then repeat the same routine again on Friday, making sure I only did 1 second contraction kegels so I could do all 60 and probably adding another 20 JAI stretches to bring the total up to 40.

Much to my dismay my evening erections were quite weak and morning wood was still there but not as rock hard and went back down rather quickly. This scared me a little, I know it's likely to have some set backs as you learn to listen to your body and gain experience with PE, but I didn't expect to immediately take a step backwards.

Am I being overly paranoid here? Are my pelvic floor muscles really that weak that I overworked them by kegeling for barely a minute and half? Did I do the kegels improperly or just shouldn't have tried to hold the contractions for 2 seconds the first day? I I've done good amount of yoga and things like that, so I'm pretty in tune with my body and I feel like I know what I'm doing as far isolating muscles and only contracting the ones I'm trying to.

If I did overwork my pelvic floor muscles, is there anything I can do to help them heal? Massage, heating or is it just rest? Should I wait for my evening/morning erections to get back to where they were before yesterday before trying again or should I be fine by Friday and be able to continue as I had planned?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions, but any advice for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Gym,
    You seem to have a very careful approach and listen a lot to your body. I'm sure that this will turn quickly to your advantage.
    I think that you're right about overtraining your PC muscles. You should try to follow the same routine but without holding at all your kegels at all. Then with time, you might be able to do more and more of them and hold them longer and longer. But for now just wait for your morning woods to come back, this should take 2 or 3 days I think.
    Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

Comment

Everything seems back to normal today, thank you for the advice normalguy!

Comment

There was an article about kegels and a good starting routine; it talks about holding for 3 secs/10 reps/3 sets. I found it to work. When I do my stretches I do my kegels on a second bases for 30 sec and repeat in changing stretch position. It does more than just help with blood flow and contraction control during erection but also for your prostate and holding your #1 and #2 when you really gotta go but there is no rest room around. So there are sexual AND HEALTH benefits. The stronger your PC muscles are the longer you can hold the contraction.
        You are on the right track.
        Begin 7/25/2011:
        NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
        FL 5.25, FG 5.2
        NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
        UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

Thanks for the advice thenewdude, I'll see if I can find that article. That's really what I'm doing all this PE stuff for anyway, the sexual and health benefits. I'd like to add some girth if possible, but any penis enlargement is definitely a secondary concern for me. My girlfriend is rather petite and I think it could easily reach the unpleasurable point for her.

Comment

Working...
          X