The Baseball Bat Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Baseball Bat Effect

The baseball bat effect is exactly what it sounds like. Some PEers eventually notice their penis taking on the shape of a baseball bat (usually without the Louisville Slugger logo), with the shaft widening out toward the glans.

I searched for a thread on this topic here and couldn't find one.

Since this is one of the biggest PE phobias, and because I think I've recently observed my own penis begin to take this shape, I thought I'd try to gather some thoughts on it here. As always, my hope is that others will add to this thread. I only know a little bit about this stuff myself and don't have much experience.

Here's what I observed in my own physiology: The other day as I was approaching orgasm during masturbation, my penis almost seemed to take on the dreaded baseball bat appearance. It seemed slightly wider at the end and narrower at the base. Perhaps no need for alarm. My penis has always had an asymetrical shape. Looking down at the top it does seem to get wider at about the circ scar. But it's also flatter/more eliptical there which would make it look wider. Closer to the base it's rounder and so it appears to be narrower, but in reality I think there is just as much tissue volume.

It's really hard to judge this situation, and for now I'm not too concerned.

Main point: I'd just like to gather some thoughts on what causes the baseball bat effect and what to do about it.

Here's what I've collected so far

Possible causes:

a. Jelqing from midshaft; not starting the stroke close enough to the pubic bone. This places almost no pressure on tissues near the base of the penis.

b. Jelqing with too low erection level. This also reduces pressure at the base and limits most the pressure to the end.

c. Jelqing in general seems to just have this effect for some men more so than others.

Possible preventative and corrective measures:

a. Correct your jelqing technique; grip as deeply into the pubic bone as possible; use equal pressure through stroke; maintain a higher erection level so the natural pressure in the penis is more stabilized along the length.

b. Try adding exercises like more intensive stretching and reverse jelqs. One source said that clamping will also correct the baseball bat. (This is an area I especially feel inadequate to expand upon. My gut says that these supplementary exercises should only come into play at advanced levels of PE anyway and that they should be used as last resorts as a solution to the baseball bat shape after good basic PE has failed to correct the problem.)

c. One source that stands out in memory stated that the baseball bat effect is a beginner's syndrome and that good regular basic PE will eventually correct it naturally.

Comments, challenges, free flowing ideas, experience, suggestions: all welcome.

Very good post. This is definitely something a man should keep in mind if he plans to focus solely on manual exercises for his girth. Jelqing can indeed cause uneven girth development over the long term, but again, this can be avoided by mixing in other exercises such as "Ulis", and other girth exercises where the hands stay stationary on the penis.

Comment

those v jelqs seem to give u decent even grip.

Comment

HotRod, I tried to add to your reputation for that post, but it wouldn't let me. I could click on anyone else's and it would pop up the box, but not on yours. Maybe you have all the reputation you need? Hee

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Great post Hot Rod!

I started developing the dreaded baseball bat shape early into my PE career. I usually jelq around 70%. One thing I noticed was
          part way into my session my penis would start getting red from jelqing. It would start about 1.5" inches from the base. Overtime
          I notice that the red area was wider. I use an underhanded grip so I'm able to start very close to the base and the wide area was
          exactly where the redness started, so I think you are correct thinking that the pressure doesn't start building until part way up.

I have the exact same shape as you described. But like you, I think the tissue volume is roughly the same. I plan on using some
          of the techniques you are describing to even things out after I reach my goal. I have heard pumping is effective in helping. I pump
          quite a bit but haven't notice a huge change in shape.

All in all, I think the gains were well worth the change in shape, even if I have to live with it this way indefinitely.
          May 2006: 5.75" X 4.5" - Now: 7.44" X 4.875"

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

That's exactly why the "3 Part dry Jelqs" are tits up.
            These will jelq all 3 parts of the penis and will even out the girth.
            You can really get to the base with these. JP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Excellent post, HR.

Originally posted by HotRod View Post
              As always, my hope is that others will add to this thread. I only know a little bit about this stuff myself and don't have much experience.

Honestly, you summed it up very nicely. I only have a few additions to the thread:
              • The baseball bat effect tends to be a fairly slow process. Your best bet is to not worry about it unless it starts to take shape. The majority of men don't get it.
              • A lot of men who get the baseball bat effect don't do the exercises right. Largely, they don't start their jelqs at the absolute base. So, in an essence, the base isn't getting as much of a work out as the other exercises.'
              • In the case that the baseball bat effect does occur, I think all of the tips mentioned in your "possible preventative and corrective measures" section are great.
              "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

The baseball effect is can also be genetic bcuz I have it and that was long before i started PE.

Comment

I just experienced this type of peen. My first. When flaccid there was no sign of it. Once erect it was very obvious. Girth was 5 or below (I did not measure but I had a partner earlier this year who was just at 5 and had a hard time getting in and I was very arroused and this was not a problem this time)
                  I have to say this was very good. I really liked the peen lol I have no idea if he knows he has this effect/style of peen. I am not going to get into it at all with him. Felt great, all the right stuff happened before I even landed on it and during the session no complaints at all.

Those of you who have this style of peen (either by birth or as a result of bad form during your exercises) anything I should know ?

PS Best/easiest oral I have ever given. Was able to last for a long time and really enjoyed myself. Overall a great experience. I will go back for more lol
                  The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by islander View Post
                    I just experienced this type of peen. My first. When flaccid there was no sign of it. Once erect it was very obvious. Girth was 5 or below (I did not measure but I had a partner earlier this year who was just at 5 and had a hard time getting in and I was very arroused and this was not a problem this time)
                    I have to say this was very good. I really liked the peen lol I have no idea if he knows he has this effect/style of peen. I am not going to get into it at all with him. Felt great, all the right stuff happened before I even landed on it and during the session no complaints at all.

Those of you who have this style of peen (either by birth or as a result of bad form during your exercises) anything I should know ?

PS Best/easiest oral I have ever given. Was able to last for a long time and really enjoyed myself. Overall a great experience. I will go back for more lol
                    Enjoy.

Comment

TY Peg. I guess its ignorant of me to think that the style/shape of a peen has different feelings than a non baseball style/shape? Hey I dont know I dont have a peen lol I never really starred at it lol But I had seen him walking towards me and I did not see the baseball effect until I felt it once he had an erection. Then I actually saw it. It was as if it would topple over because you imagine a pole should be bigger at the base and get smaller at the end. But this was the first time I had seen such a large piece at the end and then tapered smaller to the base.

I just wonder once the bigger part is inside the vagina can the peen owner feel the vagina on the rest of his shaft to his base? hmmm I dont know why I have to know all this stuff lol

Thanks guys
                      The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

The top is the most sensitive part anyway.

Comment

Isn't it natural for MEG to be a little bit bigger than BEG anyway, i'm not saying by much but a little bit.

Comment

It varies from guy to guy ,most guys that do pe the base is bigger.

Comment

Ah, I haven't been doing it for a super long time, maybe a few months and my MEG is a little bit bigger than my BEG so i'm sure that will come with time but good to know for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X