ZINC makes me feel " weird symptoms " .. advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZINC makes me feel " weird symptoms " .. advice please

I'm 24, eat healthy, exercise often, i feel i have an above average healthy life style.

I am doing the jp90 routine, and starting to take some supplements, so far, green tea, omega 3 fish oil, l - arginine and zinc.

I wake up and 20 min before breakfast i drink a cup of green tea with my l- arginine and omega fish oil pill.

After lunch i take another omega pill and the zinc pill.. here is the problem..

The first day i mistakenly took 2 100 mg zinc pills GNC brand, instead of my 2 l- arginine pills in the morning with an empty stomach... This resulted in a stomach ache that was pretty bad, i didnt take any pills for the next 2 days.

Then monday came and i took the pills as i should, 1000 mg larginine with omega 3 in the morning.. And 100mg zinc with omega in the afternoon, but i have noticed now for 2 straight days, that after i take the zinc i feel kinda strange.

i dont get a stomach ache, but i do feel a light (really light) headache, and just some strange taste in my mouth, i dont know if this is normal. It's nothing alarming, i feel pretty normal now an hour after taking the zinc today, but i did feel kinda strange at the beggining while i was resting my lunch.

Thanks for any advice
    being>matter
    Last edited by being>matter; 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM.
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...gress-log.html

Young people that eat a decent diet don't need zinc. Next question.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

500mg of zinc!?!?!? That is way to much. 500mg is a toxic level RDA is only 15mg.

Comment

I have to agree with 1471988, 500mg of zinc is 10 times more than what I had to take for a few weeks for prostatitis. Usually 10-20mg daily is perfect.

Comment

I'm sorry i had to edit my post, its actually 100 mg of zinc as it says on the bottle, GNC zinc 100 mg Vegetarian tablets.

Comment

I'm surprised you can buy 100mg zinc tablets, that is still way too much.

Comment

You don't need it. Do you know what too much zinc does to nerves? And it's irreversible! Get rid of it unless of course you like wheelchairs.

Comment

:/ yep, that's what it says in the bottle, maybe just cut the pill in half and take it like that? Even though i have nice eating habits i do want to do jp90 following every guide line, so i dont want to just not take zinc because i eat healthy or w/e. I will only stop taking it if i'm intolerable to it, which is what i'm trying to find out.. So far it seems that i might be taking a high dose

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                  You don't need it. Do you know what too much zinc does to nerves? And it's irreversible! Get rid of it unless of course you like wheelchairs.
                  why would JP recommend it though? i've read his posts and he certainly knows a lot about vitamins and suplements.. thanks for the responses guys

Comment

Okay now you're being dumb.You don't need it, it won't help you at all with pe, so throw them out.If you don't, then it's your choice to do permanent damage to yourself. Okay, you've been told; let's see how smart you are.

Comment

It's recommended for older guys that need it more because our ability to absorb it has been compromised as we age. Young people don't need it unless all you eat is cheese doodles!

Comment

If I were you i'd throw it in the trash. And cutting a pill in half wouldn't make it = to 250mg, and 250mg would even be insane for zinc, 50mg is even bad to take. Yum cheese doodles...

Comment

Okay now you're being dumb.You don't need it, it won't help you at all with pe, so throw them out.If you don't, then it's your choice to do permanent damage to yourself. Okay, you've been told; let's see how smart you are.
                          Youre not giving me much of an explanation, if you dont want to take the time to do so thats fine, however, just saying im dumb because im following the guidelines taking some suplements an experienced member of this community advices us to do so its not right in my opinion. You make zinc look like poison, but dont explain why?

thanks for your time

Comment

It's recommended for older guys that need it more because our ability to absorb it has been compromised as we age. Young people don't need it unless all you eat is cheese doodles!
                            OK ok that makes sense, i will stop taking it for now and see what everybody else has to say about this, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by being>matter View Post
                              Youre not giving me much of an explanation, if you dont want to take the time to do so thats fine, however, just saying im dumb because im following the guidelines taking some suplements an experienced member of this community advices us to do so its not right in my opinion. You make zinc look like poison, but dont explain why?

thanks for your time
                              Zinc is toxic. Those tablets you have must be for people with a specific need for a high dosage of zinc, don't take them anymore zinc is highly toxic. I'm 23 and take zinc supps, the most I've taken in one day is 60mg but usually I take 10-30mg a day. Throw the ones you have out and get some lower mg zinc tablets if you want to carry on taking it.

Comment

Working...
                              X