Kegels are dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegels are dangerous?

So I joined specifically just to ask this question, but I will probably stay around since there could be some other good info here haha. Anyways, I read in this article that kegels are bad because they mess with the prostate health. Is this true? I have stopped doing kegels since I read this article which was 4 days ago. Should I continue with kegels or stop?

Heres the article: The Danger of Performing Male Kegel Exercises

Any feedback is much appreciated, thank you.

I have always thought theye were healthy. I still think they are, but I`m no expert. I f you suffer from stress and a tense ass they might be bad.(?)

Comment

Just had a quick read and it didn't mention any reverse kegels =/ I might have missed that.

And some men have been performing kegels for years on here and the only bad thing I have seen as a result of excess kegels is premature ejaculation.
      Future owner of a glorious cock.

I'll call it, the thunder dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanma View Post
        Just had a quick read and it didn't mention any reverse kegels =/ I might have missed that.

And some men have been performing kegels for years on here and the only bad thing I have seen as a result of excess kegels is premature ejaculation.
        I thought that kegels were supposed to help premature ejaculation?
        I don't know, maybe I'm wrong on this.

Comment

Also on a side note, do you think that kegels (if they do turn out to be safe after all) can help straighten your dick if it curves slightly to the left?

Comment

there's a lot of debate as to what causes pelvic pain. Many physicians believe that the cause is either Chronic or Acute Infection. In fact, most believe that an enlarged/ inflammed and painful prostate is due to infection. Stress just aggravates it. If I may make a suggestion i believe that kegels help men focus on the muscles that may be tensing and allows them to relax them.

That website looks like it's trying to sell you stuff so I would be very wary of what I took away from it.

Comment

Ok ive read the article and although im no expert on the subject I think hes talking out of his ass! Ican see what hes trying to say about tension and all that but to say that this excercise doesnt help pre ejaculation just proves he doesnt know what hes talking about. I think hes trying to make a name for him self by coming up with a theory. if you do a full kegel work out that includes reverse kegels as well as standard kegels you are tightening and relaxing the muscles which helps the blood flow in that area with out having to shove ur finger up ur ass!
              Start date ~ 3/8/11 as of 3/9/11

6.29Bpfsl 6.49
              5.07Bpfl 4.96
              4.5Fg 4.52
              6.29Bpel 6.49
              4.72Eg 4.92

Current goal

Anything over 7" bpel and 5" eg

Comment

Bump

Comment

Also another question, how good of gains would you get by just doing kegels alone and nothing else?

Comment

IMO the article is bollocks. I have been doing kegels/PE for 5 months now and have had nothing but positive effects - increased EQ, stronger orgasms, and better control over the pelvic floor.

Originally posted by MaxinJackson View Post
                    Also another question, how good of gains would you get by just doing kegels alone and nothing else?
                    You would perhaps get some initial gains because of increased EQ, but really you need to do other exercises to induce stress to force growth.
                    Tharros
                    Last edited by Tharros; 08-17-2011, 06:51 AM.
                    Current (20/02/2012) - BPEL: 7.3" (+0.8") MEG: 4.6" (+0.3")
                    Short Term Goal - BPEL: 7.5" MEG: 4.75"
                    Long Term Goal - BPEL: 8.5" MEG: 5.75"
                    My Log

Comment

Oh for god sake ,this gumby in the thread, needs to include reverse kegels in his workouts as is commonly done here.
                      Excess tension in the pelvic floor is alleviated by reverse kegels and other methods. Slap him over the back of the head so he wakes up and smells the coffee.

Comment

Working...
                      X