Conditioning with 3 days / wk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioning with 3 days / wk

The popular beginner routines (ex. JP90) around here follow the frequency of 2 days on, 1 day off, and last for 3 months before someone is considered conditioned enough to move on to some intermediate exercises.

I'm using a modified version of the Remek routine, but only doing 3 days a week right now (I may move to 4 when I'm ready). Should I condition for longer than 3 months, since each week I am doing fewer workouts? If so, how long? I started at the end of November, and have set some short term goals for the end of February.

I'm just trying to plan the next few months out in advance. I figure it would be wise to set a reasonable timetable, in order to avoid both over-training and under-training.

Thanks for the help.
    I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
    Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

PE is about consistency mate, you wont be getting as much out as you could be doing if it stayed like that. When i started the JP90 routine i was on 1 on 1 off for a week or two but then stepped it up to 2 on 1 off while slightly spening more time on stretches and jelqs over the weeks. I've realised you only get out what you put in... If you have already chosen the way you will train then all i can say is take notice how your penis feels at the end of the 3 months. Only you can no if your conditioned enough or not, it will feel stronger and tougher, but everyone is different.
    2/10/2010 (BPEL 5.2 x EG 4.9)
    7/2/2011 (BPEL 5.9 x EG 5.2) Stopped :(
    21/9/2011 (BPEL 6.0 x EG 5.2) Started :)
    1/4/2012 (BPEL 7.0 x EG 5.7) NOW!

GymBoi's Progress Log

Comment

Yeah, I guess I see what you're saying. I'm a little over 1 month into it, and am not opposed to increasing the frequency if that would be the logical thing to do. Right now I'm typing everything out into Word for organizational purposes.

I dislike the standard 2 on, 1 off format, because it does not fit neatly into a week. Of course, there is nothing special about one week's time frame, but creating a weekly routine that doesn't change week-to-week leads to habit.

Would a 4 day/ wk template (M, Tu, Th, Fr) be effective? This is what I am leaning towards right now, but I'd appreciate feedback on it.

Originally posted by gymboi4eva View Post
      Only you can no if your conditioned enough or not, it will feel stronger and tougher, but everyone is different.
      Thanks for the advice. What other signs should I look for when that time comes?
      ThirdArm
      Last edited by ThirdArm; 01-03-2012, 02:19 PM.
      Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Everyones different, some like 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off or 5 on 2 off. There is quite a few was of doing it. Take me for example, if i feel like i havnt done enough after 2 days then i add a third. So i go from 2 on 1 off to 3 on 1 off then back. As i said it is all about listening to your penis mate only you will know how it feels. I use the principle of penis confusion, that is where you keep it guessing rather then do the same thing over and over so that it grows bigger and faster. So that being said mixing up the week could work for you, but just make sure you do enough. What are your goals?

GymBoi's Progress Log

Comment

I want to gain 1 inch in length and .5" in girth (and a little more at the base, if I can) by December 2012.

So far, it seems like my positive indicators are a little plumpness after the workout, but this slightly larger hang goes away shortly after. I guess I'll try adding in one more day per week from 3 to 4. I've had no negative feedback from 3 days at my current (albeit light) intensity. But I'll hold off all measurements until the end of January, which will be 2 months into PE.
          Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

When that day comes that you finally see gains....well, believe me you will want to give it all the time in the world its an amazing feeling mate. Perhaps you should start a progress log? It really helps you see where you can change or tweek your routine, also it gives you motivation to continue.

GymBoi's Progress Log

Comment

Maybe I should do that, just to keep consistent. Then by the end of the 3 month period, I can re-evaluate the routine and see what to do next.
              Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Nothings wrong with 3 days a week, I'm actually doing only 3 days a week 1 on 1 off and then always 2 days off somewhere during the week.

Comment

Hmm...Now I guess I have a lot to think about. Steve, is that a maintenance routine? Because I understand that you are fairly advanced.

The JP90 thread seems to suggest a 2 on: 1 off ratio. The closest I can get to that (and still fit neatly into a week's compartment) is M-Tu-Th-Fr. However, there is always the possibility of M-W-F-Sat.

Which is more important: a day of space between each session, or a two day rest at the end of the week?

I gather that there is no universal and ideal frequency for everyone, and that it is probably somewhat dependent on workout intensity and individual capacity.
                  Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Nope not a maintenance. It's what I found works best for me. I like 1:1 then 2 off on the weekend.

Comment

Do you think that 3 is enough volume for a beginner?

I mean, there are guys doing 5 on: 2 off, or 2 on : 1 off. I don't want to feel like I'm skimping out. Choosing frequency is tough as a beginner, because you don't have the experience that provides you with information such as PI's.
                      Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Try 5:2 if you wish, if you feel your EQ dropping etc, try 2:1

Comment

Thanks Steve. I'll ruminate over all of this and make up my mind. Then maybe start a log.
                          Nice Guy blog posts

Comment

Working...
                          X