Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Beginner's Routine: Please Provide Feedback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Beginner's Routine: Please Provide Feedback!

I have attempted to make a mash-up of two of the beginners routines featured on this site in order to make them fit my schedule and consistent with my goals.

I am seeking feedback from some more experienced PErs to see if this could use some revision or if I am good to go as outlined. I am also curious about the process of cementing gains and if there are any procedures geared specifically for such, so that I might implement them once the duration of this routine is finished.

I have attempted to utilize the de-conditioning concept and stretching portion of the Babbis routine https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...t-growing.html and ramp it into a JP 90-styled routine https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...r-routine.html while maintaining the breaks, meant to run the course of 6 months.

Mind you please, that I do not think I've got anything special here, I'm simply following the advice I see on this forum and attempting to make a routine fit into my lifestyle rather than copying a routine I know that will be difficult to stick to.

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Week 1-2
    One day on, 2 days off
    Warm Up 10min
    Mild Stretch held 30 sec:
    SO, L, R, SD, SU,
    5 Rotary L, 5 Rotary R
    50 reps Wet Jelq (WJ) @ 50% erectile amplitude
    25 reps V-Jelq (VJ) @ 70% erectile amplitude
    Mild Stretch 15 Sec:
    SO, L, R, SD, SU
    Edging 10 mins
    Warm Down 10min

Weeks 3 and 4 off

Weeks 5-6
    1 day on 2 days off
    10 mins Warm Up
    6 mins stretching:
    SO, L, R, SD, SU; Alternate above w/Copter Shakes for duration
    80 WJ, 3-5 sec. each @ max 60% amplitude
    40 VJ, 3-5 sec. each @ max 80% Amplitude
    Edging 20 mins
    Warm Down 10 mins

Weeks 7-8 off

Weeks 9-10
    5 days on 2 off
    10mins Warm Up
    7 mins stretching w/kegels
    SO, L, R, SD, SU.; Alternate above w/copter shakes
    50 WJ, 5 secs @ 70-80% amp.
    30 VJ, 5 secs @ 70-80% amp.
    repeat jelq routine 2 more times
    Edging 25+ mins
    Warm Down 10min

Weeks 11-12 off

Weeks 13-24
    Same routine as weeks 9-10
    uttukuxul
    Last edited by uttukuxul; 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM.

Why not just follow the jp90 routine? It's pretty close and you won't have to worry about this and that. But it looks fine, just try and jelq under 80% seeing how you're not conditioned.

Comment

Thanks for popping in Steve!

My job is crazy busy and the idea of de-conditioning is something I wanted to experiment with because it fits into my schedule of getting my ass kicked at work 60-80 hours a week (lately). If you don't mind my asking, have you done so and has it ever worked in your favor?

Comment

Sorry I haven't done any cementing routine, and I'm pretty much doing 1 day on 1 off lately, and it's going fine. It's pretty much up to your body to see if it works out for you, so planning weeks in advance sometimes doesn't work out how you liked it to.

Comment

Yeah I can see how that would be the case no doubt. I'm excited to see how this works out; the first routine I linked to suggests to take a month off after 6 weeks, and I am curious to see how staggering the breaks will work out over a longer period of time.

Comment

Working...
          X