question regarding supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding supplements

I'm taking a supplement of l-lysine(500mg) and l-arginine(500) as per JP90's routine. However, I read through the sticky thread and couldn't find anything regarding their intake. Upon research, I found some mixed reviews. Some people say it is counterproductive to take them together because they compete with each other, others say they work best together. Also, would it be better to take them with a meal or on an empty stomach? And for the supplements, should I take 500mg a day, or more?

Thanks a lot you guys.

ps: not sure if it makes a difference, but I am 22, 160 pounds, and a semi-okay diet.
    zerotonin
    Last edited by zerotonin; 02-06-2012, 03:02 PM.

I find it's best to take one in the morning and one before bed. As for with or without food, check the back of the bottle for instructions on that. It varies brand by brand due to the binders used like Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, etc. If it doesn't say to take them with food, anytime between meals should be good.

Comment

I was looking for someone else's experience so, thank you! One in the morning and one before bed it is.

Comment

Zero how old are you?
        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

22 years old.

Comment

What I will tell you will fly in the face of some of the stuff you have read here but I really believe that a young person who eats a somewhat healthy diet has no need for supplements. Your GI tract is able to get what your body needs from the food it's given far more effectively than an older person. Therefore unless the only thing you eat is cheese doodles than I wouldn't worry too much about supplements and just eat a balanced diet!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
              What I will tell you will fly in the face of some of the stuff you have read here but I really believe that a young person who eats a somewhat healthy diet has no need for supplements. Your GI tract is able to get what your body needs from the food it's given far more effectively than an older person. Therefore unless the only thing you eat is cheese doodles than I wouldn't worry too much about supplements and just eat a balanced diet!
              To be fair though, L-Lysine and L-Arginine, especially at a small dose of 500mg, aren't all that bad for anyone to take...unless you have acne/herpes issues. I'm 22 and I personally take 2g of L-Arginine a day, plus what I get in my daily diet, but I'm also doing cardio type activities almost every day and things that are really taxing on the arms and it helps with compartment syndrome.

Edit: 500mg of both is only like 3 or 4 bites of a 7oz steak or 1/4 of a can of tuna.
              Last edited by DemOne; 02-06-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Like I said I'd rather have the steak! I don't mean to say it's bad for you younger guys. It's just not as necessary as for older guys.

Comment

I think we'd all rather have the steak, but I'm not Mitt Romney and can't afford a steak every day.

Comment

DemOne, If you don't mind me asking, do you only take 2grams of the l-arginine or 2 grams of both? if so, then why? thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by zerotonin View Post
                      DemOne, If you don't mind me asking, do you only take 2grams of the l-arginine or 2 grams of both? if so, then why? thanks in advance.
                      1g L-Arginine in the morning, 1g at night. I already get enough L-Lysine in my diet (I'm only 123lbs so it's quite easy to get a lot of it), so there isn't much benefit to me for supplementing it. I don't think about PE at all when taking supplements.

Comment

ah, got it, thank you for clearing that up. I've heard maca/horny goat weed are better as far as PE training so I'm considering those. If you know anything, by all means, otherwise, thank you so much for all your answers.

Comment

You don't need that stuff at your age unless you have real week erections and need a boost, you're new to PE just start your routine and slowly add stuff if you wish.

Comment

^ What he said.
                            Unless you have a deficiency in something from improper diet or what ever, could use it as a boost to health and performance outside of PE, or have an issue with erections, I never really recommend supplementing anything only for the sake of PE. It's just not worth it and usually winds up either being a waste or doing more bad than good. If one is healthy and has a good diet, a decent multi-vitamin is really all one ever needs that would be of benefit. You really wont notice any change of anything EQ wise unless your EQ is down below 80-100%. Supplement for health, not the penis, because a healthy body is a healthy penis.

Comment

"because a healthy body is a healthy penis." why, that's the greatest sign-off I've ever heard since "I'm..Ron Burgundy..?"

In all seriousness, thanks you guys. I'm just looking into maximizing while still keeping things healthy and not overdoing anything. The training or supplements. So this was very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X