LOT Theory Discredited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOT Theory Discredited?

Hi there,I'm beginner following JP90's routine. It's been a week now, and it's been unexpectedly relaxing and cathartic experience so far. Hopefully that feeling lasts.

Anyway, I've been searching LOT theory, and have found some posts by reputable posters claiming that LOT is either outdated/proven to be unimportant, etc? Is this the general consensus now?

I'm having difficulty determining mine. Is the tug back during the kegel, or afterwards? When I perform a kegel. mid kegel, the penis retracts a bit, and upon release of kegel, it releases out a bit. Is this the tug?

Or is this unimportant.

And lastly, if it is important at all, I'm not sure what JP means when he says perform exercises out and up or out and down? is this for the regular wet jelq? Probably obvious, but I just can't visualize it.
    Started JP90's routine Feb 01 2012
    Current: NBPEL 6 1/4 EG 5
    Goal: 7 1/2

It's a theory, one that I don't follow and I gain just fine.

Comment

Yes 6, that tug you feel is the tug . I extend down not because my lot is down but because I get extra stretch. I think you'll find most ppl are of the same mindset as Steve. Just figure out what works best for you and go with it.
      Well if you can't be handsome, you might as well be BIG :)

Comment

According to the LOT theory, I never should have gained any length with the angles in which I was stretching. It's good for understanding in which parts your suspensory ligament is tight or loose, but that's about it. Stretching in any direction is effective. In reality, LOT tells more about your PC muscles than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
          According to the LOT theory, I never should have gained any length with the angles in which I was stretching. It's good for understanding in which parts your suspensory ligament is tight or loose, but that's about it. Stretching in any direction is effective. In reality, LOT tells more about your PC muscles than anything else.
          It does? what can you tell about your PC muscles from LOT? mine is 6 o'clock
          My progress log

Comment

You must remember that back when BIB came up with this theory, that PE knowledge was in the early stages. It was a hot topic back in 2003 and a lot of men swore by BIB's Loss of Tug idea.

I started PE on March 13th, 2003 and followed his LOT as the way to exercise and had really good gains. When I wrote the 90 day routine back in 2004, I went ahead and added the LOT theory and believed at that time that it was the way to exercise. When my gains stopped, I started exercising in ALL directions and my gains started again. I can't say whether or not to follow the LOT theory now as the knowledge of PE has advanced dramatically. My LOT was 6:00 or straight down, so I exercised Jelqing/stretching straight up, to the left, to the right and straight out. (Against the tug)
            Of course, in my 90 day routine, I say to stretch in all directions including straight down, but I still recommend the "V" Jelqs to be done straight up.

As far as the validity of the LOT theory now....My recommendations are; Try it.
            If you don't see any gains in the first 90 days abandon the LOT and just find a comfortable routine and exercise in all directions. (jP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Padawan787 View Post
              It does? what can you tell about your PC muscles from LOT? mine is 6 o'clock
              Mostly just how it pulls on the inner penis when you flex it or if it's weak or strong. LOT at 6 o'clock is always going to be more common, because when you're pulling down you're pulling the inner penis away from the PC muscle. When you're pulling up, you're pulling the inner penis up against the PC muscle.

The PC muscle connects to the back of the pubic bone and the suspensory ligament to the front, so the two really don't interact with each other when kegaling to check for LOT, as the pubic bone isn't going to move.

Comment

My LOT is 12:00 so I'm hoping there is some truth to it. I stretch in all directions but stretching straight up definitely feels like I should be more careful.
                Starting: 1/14/12
                BPEL 7.25 x 4.75(both MEG & BEG)

Update 4/15/14
                BPEL 7.75 x 5.25 MEG, 5.625 BEG

Goal:
                BPEL 8.5 x 6.5+

My log

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. This place is great!
                  Started JP90's routine Feb 01 2012
                  Current: NBPEL 6 1/4 EG 5
                  Goal: 7 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by JonPop View Post
                    You must remember that back when BIB came up with this theory, that PE knowledge was in the early stages. It was a hot topic back in 2003 and a lot of men swore by BIB's Loss of Tug idea.

I started PE on March 13th, 2003 and followed his LOT as the way to exercise and had really good gains. When I wrote the 90 day routine back in 2004, I went ahead and added the LOT theory and believed at that time that it was the way to exercise. When my gains stopped, I started exercising in ALL directions and my gains started again. I can't say whether or not to follow the LOT theory now as the knowledge of PE has advanced dramatically. My LOT was 6:00 or straight down, so I exercised Jelqing/stretching straight up, to the left, to the right and straight out. (Against the tug)
                    Of course, in my 90 day routine, I say to stretch in all directions including straight down, but I still recommend the "V" Jelqs to be done straight up.

As far as the validity of the LOT theory now....My recommendations are; Try it.
                    If you don't see any gains in the first 90 days abandon the LOT and just find a comfortable routine and exercise in all directions. (jP
                    Interesting. 2003 was the same year I was PEing over @ Thunders.. Ahhhh the good ole days!
                    The above is not meant to be argumentative, abrasive or confrontational. Take this and everything you read with a grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
                    X