Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am extremely overweight will I see gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am extremely overweight will I see gains?

If I do the exercises or should I lose weight first? I am about 75 pounds overweight. Also, what is the correct method for measuring? When I measure by putting the ruler over my penis touching the skin not bone pressed I get the measurements I listed in the other thread when I measured by putting the ruler on the side parallel to my penis not bone pressed I get over 4 1/2" closer to 5" erect. Thank you.
    Last edited by Ibelieveinmiracles; 06-07-2009, 02:11 PM.

Ofcourse you will see gains,but you need to excercise to remove the fat pad (which hides your true lenght).
    Start:2008-10-4
    Reborn Alpha Male
    BPFSL (18")
    FG (10 cm )
    BPEL ( 23 cm)
    MEG (15 cm)
    ----
    EQ (~ 8)

Comment

A bit of advice on losing weight. Start by cutting back on your sugar intake. Think about all of the things you eat that have processed sugar, make a list, and then cut them out. I drink a lot of Rock Stars, and as soon as I started drinking the sugar-free version, I began losing weight. I was about ten pounds too heavy and lost the weight in six weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingdong View Post
        A bit of advice on losing weight. Start by cutting back on your sugar intake. Think about all of the things you eat that have processed sugar, make a list, and then cut them out. I drink a lot of Rock Stars, and as soon as I started drinking the sugar-free version, I began losing weight. I was about ten pounds too heavy and lost the weight in six weeks.
        Good words brother
        Reborn Alpha Male
        BPFSL (18")
        FG (10 cm )
        BPEL ( 23 cm)
        MEG (15 cm)
        ----
        EQ (~ 8)

Comment

Thank you for the replies and advice. I am blown away by the amount of information and community on the site. Free how to videos to demonstrate how to properly do the exercises, a success stories board for inspiration etc. it is incredible. thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingdong View Post

News flash, sucrolose (Splendah) nutir sweet (equal) and the oink shit will also make you fat. but you doing good to cut out sugar. That would also include high fructose corn syrup. Thier are good sugars that can hep you lose weight fructose would be one. Raw honey is good, agave syrup and zeor calorie stevia.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

75 pounds is a lot. (I can relate)

You don't need to be skinny to do PE but being overweight that much surely affects your bloodpressure which has a big effect on EQ and thus will hinder your progress.

I suggest you look into Lyle Mcdonald Rapid Fat Loss. This has a lot of valuable nutritional information along with a diet plan that will help kickstart your weight loss program.

4 months ago I was 295. Now I'm 270 and dropping with a goal weight of 230. If I can do it anyone can.

Goodluck.
              05/10/09
              ELBP 7.10
              EG 5.5

12/12/09
              ELBP 7.75
              EG 5.75

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho View Post
                75 pounds is a lot. (I can relate)

You don't need to be skinny to do PE but being overweight that much surely affects your bloodpressure which has a big effect on EQ and thus will hinder your progress.

I suggest you look into Lyle Mcdonald Rapid Fat Loss. This has a lot of valuable nutritional information along with a diet plan that will help kickstart your weight loss program.

4 months ago I was 295. Now I'm 270 and dropping with a goal weight of 230. If I can do it anyone can.

Goodluck.
                You did good, can you provide a link to rapid weight loss.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Im young and when i was younger i exercised alot.

If you want to lose weight first you have to start by cutting back on your fat intake.

I know that this is a huge post but you will want to read it as thouroughly as possible, it contains vital information.:

As a general rule eat more protein. Proteins are the building blocks of muscle and they EXPEND ALOT OF ENERGY to digest. You literally lose weight because the body is working to digest the protein. The first step to losing fat is ironically eating more (healthy nutrients). Eat more protein than you used to. Keep in mind this is LEAN protein. The best sources are white meat (chicken, turkey, and fish that are high in omega 3's (like salmon). The omega 3 oils will help with your heart and work to burn fat at an even faster rate.

The second thing you should do is watch your carbohydrates. If you eat a diet high in simple carbs such as (white rice and white pasta) then you should cut those down and even try to replace them with WHOLE GRAIN foods (brown rice/whole grain pasta). Complex carbohydrates like vegetables and fruits are great for your body because they are natural and help your body with its natural flow. Ramp these fruits/veggies up to keep your body running, but watch your blood sugar levels.

The third and probably most important factor in rapid fat loss is this: EAT EAT EAT. Eat up to 5-6 meals a day. If your current diet is about 3 meals slowly increase to 4, then 5, then 6. Those meals are not meant to be big. They are small HEALTHY meals that are used to speed up your metabolism (thus burning away fat). Try to eat every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism as high as possible. Good snack foods are almonds (they are high in a GOOD type of fat), fruits (berries especially), vegetables, and lean protein. Hint: Everyday in the morning you should cook up alot of lean protein to eat throughout the day.

Small portions are best. You HAVE to eat healthy to get weight off of you.

Fourth thing: Drink tons and tons of water. Water is healthy for you in that it flushes out alot of old toxins, try to drink as much as possible. 1 Bottle of water at every meal and 1 in between each meal is very good. You will pee alot but that is good for you because you can literally see yourself being internally cleansed.

-------------------

On to your exercises:

If you are running for long distances or doing something similar, you might want to stop doing that. Slow cardio is not good for burning fat because it is at a low intensity.

Instead do interval training.

If your body is up for it try this routine out:

Sprint as fast as you can (doesnt have to be blazing fast) for 60 seconds
                  Jog/Power Walk for 30 Seconds
                  Spring 60 seconds.

Repeat for up to 3 times. Do this almost every day (take SOME days off to rest) and you will surely see gains (penis and body) within a few weeks.

If you feel youre up to it, you can add resistance training too later on.

Any question about workouts? Fire away!
                  -----------------------------------------------------

Remember that the key to changing your body is changing the environment. 70% of your body's change is determined by your dedication to eat healthy. The rest is exercise/lifestyle. Remember to eat healthy and sleep alot. These factors will give you a new life.

Good luck on your journey.
                  2/2009: 5.5" NBPEL | 6" BPEL
                  6: 5.75 | 6.25
                  7: 6 | 6.5
                  8: 6 | 6.5
                  9: 6.25 | 6.75
                  10: 6.25 | 6.75
                  11: 6.25 | 6.75
                  12: 6.25 | 6.75

Goal
                  8"

Comment

I could give you some advice from WD,but I think it is too much for you at the moment
                    Reborn Alpha Male
                    BPFSL (18")
                    FG (10 cm )
                    BPEL ( 23 cm)
                    MEG (15 cm)
                    ----
                    EQ (~ 8)

Comment

Wd?

Goal
                      8"

Comment

Wd?

Comment

Hi Trex, please helpme...someone toldme that cardio isnt so good.... that it causes a lack of glucogen.. and that makes u want to eat carbs... he said that the best way to loose fat and grow muscle at the same time is resistance. IS that true? what can i do for loose fat and grow muscle at the same time? im 6'3" and im like 40 lbs overweight, i want to loose all that fat and grow some muscle...but basically the most hated part of my body for me is just one: LOVEHANDLES IT makes my body looks so strange cuz i dont have so much stomach(belly)...im from dominican rep. and i love the beach and i dont go there since 8 years ago.... one time i lost a lot of fat with a strict diet (mistake, cuz i didnt eat nothing excepting few things daily and dont do any excersise) and i lost 50lbs but my love handles were just there... little smaller but THERE, i just got disappointed... my body were looking the same in that part.... now im 30 lbs overweigth.

PD: YES, my main language is not english, is spanish, sorry.
                          Last edited by Randol; 06-09-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Randol:

When the person who you are talking about said that cardio is bad for you he/she was referring to slow-rate cardio.

Slow rate cardio is jogging for long periods of time, or running on the treadmill for a long time, or biking for a long time, or anything like that. Slow cardio is basically doing somethign that is sorta active for a long period of time.

Slow cardio CAN burn fat, dont get me wrong, but it does so at a very very slow rate. It even eventually stops. Burning about 80 or so calories is about what comes out of slow cardio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the best alternative that most fitness experts advocate is using High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). This way of training burns ALOT more calories and spikes up your metabolism. The key to losing alot of weight is to raise metabolic levels. Resistance training can fall under the category of HIIT.

(Metabolism is the measurement of how your body processes the food that you eat).

If you have a very high metabolism then your body "eats" away your fat levels during exercise faster than a normal metabolism would.

How exactly do you do HIIT? Well the answer is surprisingly very simple. HIIT can involve anything that has to deal with the stop-start-stop-start process.

How do you do the stop-start process though? Well that concept is by doing some activity for a VERY HIGH intensity for a short period of time. Then you slow down. Then you do the high intensity again.

Lets get started on how best for you to lose those love handles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you say youre not too fat. Try this exercise routine:

Find an area with alot of space first then,

Sprint for 60 seconds as FAST as you can
                            Slow to a Jog for 30 seconds
                            Do pushups for 30 seconds just try for as many as you can
                            Jog for 30 seconds
                            Sprint for 60 seconds
                            Stop and do bodyweight squats for 20 repetitions

Take a break for 5 minutes.

Repeat the same routine above until you are REALLY REALLY tired. This is when you cannot do anything more except walk home. (Or walk to the car to drive home).

Do this exercise routine every other day. I guarantee you that you WILL lose fat faster than doing any other form of cardio. Results do not come immediately BUT, with dedication you can see shrinking love handles within 4-6 weeks.

More questions? ask please

Goal
                            8"

Comment

I just wanted to point out 2 things.

First of all jumping right into HIIT is the easiest way to injure yourself and guarentee you stay fat.

Second with respect to raising your metabolism as a means to lose a lot of weight .... ain't going to happen. You will burn extra calories I agree but HIIT will also make you hungry and you can't eat yourself skinny. Furthermore it is easy to overtrain especially for a beginner. (See point #1)

If you want to lose a lot of weight you need to exercise AND eat less.

It is very tough to lose a lot of weight and you need accountability. One reason weight watchers works is you have to go weigh in.

goodluck
                              05/10/09
                              ELBP 7.10
                              EG 5.5

12/12/09
                              ELBP 7.75
                              EG 5.75

Comment

Working...
                              X