Kegels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegels

I've been doing these for the past 5 years or so, or at least I think I have! Allow me to explain ...

I'm pretty sure I'm isolating the correct muscles because I do exactly what I do when trying to stop the urine flow. Also, they've been very beneficial in many respects, giving precisely the results that it is claimed kegels produce.

However, what makes me think I may not be doing them like many other PEGym forum members is the fact that I appear able to do so many and for so long - the sort of routine that others (in some cases 30 years my junior) find very tiring, if they can manage it at all!!

Now, please don't take this as bragging on my part because I'm not Superman by any means (unless Superman also had ED problems) but when I read stuff about 'taking a day off to recover' and 'trying to hold for a full minute' etc.. it makes me wonder whether I'm not doing something wrong. Why? Because I can hold for 5 - 10 minutes and do 700+ in one session (perhaps more but I tend to get bored after a while and my mind wanders). Also, I've just read about the 6.5 minutes programme and, although I've not followed this particular routine, I know I could do so without too much effort.

So I'm very suspicious here. For example, I once told my son - who is always in the gym and has mega-muscles - that I could do 50 press-ups but when I demonstrated these to him he told me that I was not actually doing 'real' ones. Then, when I tried these real ones that he showed me I only managed 12!!! This makes me wonder if if I'm not doing an easier form of kegels as well, because there's no way I have better PC muscles and/or fitness levels than some of you chaps in your 20s and 30s.

I'd therefore appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly what I should be feeling during these kegels workouts. If I hold my penis whilst doing them it tugs back and forth and if I feel the actual PC muscle between the anus and testicles it also tenses and then releases as it should. I've already mentioned stopping the urine stream, so what could I possibly be doing differently to everyone else??? I really do need to know if there's something I'm missing here.

Let me just add that due to my ED problems my kegeling is nearly always done in a flaccid state. I don't know if that's important but I mention it anyway, just in case.

Thanks for reading!

If you're only talking about regular kegels and not reverse, a regular kegel should lift your penis up and if you isolate it properly there should be no tension between your balls and anus(That's a regular back kegel) you should be able to do front and backs seperately, front one is like you're tensing the muscle right behind your dick and lifts it, back one is tensing between your anus and balls, unexperienced people do both at the same time at first until they can isolate properly.

Comment

Sounds like you need to squeeze harder during your kegals. I'd be shocked if you squeezed your pc muscle as hard as you could and go longer than a minute while staying fully erect. Most I've managed to do is 45 seconds, but who knows....maybe you do have superman pc muscles.
      2/2/2018
      BPEL: 7" (+3/4")
      NPBEL: 6 1/2" (+3/4")
      MSEG: 5” (+1/4")

Comment

I'd be shocked if you squeezed your pc muscle as hard as you could and go longer than a minute while staying fully erect
        This was my point though, UpcomingStallion ... I only do them whilst flaccid (due to my ED problems). Believe me, I'd really love to be able to accept this challenge

a regular kegel should lift your penis up and if you isolate it properly there should be no tension between your balls and anus

Thanks, Steve23, but when you refer to kegels 'lifting up' the penis, do you mean that it is pulled 'up' into your body? I can certainly lift it in this respect but not actually upwards, if you see what I mean?!

Comment

Yep. Lift up as in your penis raises up towards your stomach, without cleanching your ass or feeling it between your anus and balls.

Comment

Okay, I've just tried a few things and, when squeezing as hard as I can, this obviously reduces the number of kegels I can do or the duration for which I can hold them (no real surprises there!) However, I can still go way beyond the limits that other members are saying is their maximum and this makes me suspicious.

That said, in all of the accounts I've read over the years - and these have been numerous - no-one has ever mentioned how much force you have to do them with. I always had the impression that so long as you're squeezing hard enough to stop the urine flow, this constitutes a valid kegel.

Regarding which muscles you have to use, again I'm fairly sure that I'm exercising the correct ones because I don't squeeze my buttocks when I'm doing them or anything like that, so I'm a bit mystified here ... maybe I do just have strong PC muscles?!?

Comment

Working...
            X