• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE is bogus? what do you think?

I found this on the net...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1005120801266

Let me know what u think...
    I'm a big "research" guy. this kind of stuff makes me worried... does anyone have ny scientific articles supporting PE to counter this?

Thanks.

"I think that's all bogus," says Tom Lue, MD, professor of urology at the University of California, San Francisco. He says that only swelling, caused by bleeding under the skin, could explain the increases in penis size men like Thomas experience. This result would not be permanent, hence the need to follow a rigorous jelqing regimen indefinitely. The idea that the smooth muscle of the penis can be exercised , like the biceps, is a myth. "Smooth muscle doesn't respond that way," Lue says. In fact, stretching it can be harmful. For example, the bladder is smooth muscle. According to Lue, if you hold in urine so that the bladder expands too much, the tissue weakens. What's more, Lue says, all the stretching, pulling, and squeezing might cause scar tissue to form in the penis, which could hinder a man's ability to get an erection.

But Thomas maintains that apart from a little soreness, he hasn't injured his penis by jelqing, and he says his erections last longer than they did before. "Anatomically and physiologically this is just wishful thinking," urologist Ira Sharlip, president of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America, writes in an email. "It's all baloney until a real study with objective before and after measurements, verified by an independent source [since you can't do a placebo comparison], proves that it works."

?????
    starting stats 7/7/09
    BPEL- 6" EG- 5"

Goal BPEL- 7" EG- 5.5"

Comment

Originally posted by jollyking View Post
      "I think that's all bogus," says Tom Lue, MD, professor of urology at the University of California, San Francisco. He says that only swelling, caused by bleeding under the skin, could explain the increases in penis size men like Thomas experience. This result would not be permanent, hence the need to follow a rigorous jelqing regimen indefinitely. The idea that the smooth muscle of the penis can be exercised , like the biceps, is a myth. "Smooth muscle doesn't respond that way," Lue says. In fact, stretching it can be harmful. For example, the bladder is smooth muscle. According to Lue, if you hold in urine so that the bladder expands too much, the tissue weakens. What's more, Lue says, all the stretching, pulling, and squeezing might cause scar tissue to form in the penis, which could hinder a man's ability to get an erection.

But Thomas maintains that apart from a little soreness, he hasn't injured his penis by jelqing, and he says his erections last longer than they did before. "Anatomically and physiologically this is just wishful thinking," urologist Ira Sharlip, president of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America, writes in an email. "It's all baloney until a real study with objective before and after measurements, verified by an independent source [since you can't do a placebo comparison], proves that it works."

?????
      These guys have REAL penis envy!

Comment

Is it all for not ????
        And the journey begins...

Comment

I also want to know the truth. Based on information from some manufacturers, they have clinically trials and can confirm the results. I'll check again and post more.

Comment

I'll give my opinion on this kind of mentality since I do come from a family that is heavily involved in the medical field in various positions. There are generally two camps on this kind of thing, one of them is the doctors who because they either haven't heard of the data or there is to little data, encourage people to stay away from things like this out of concern.

The other camp is unfortuanatly the product of medical group think mentality, something like PE challenges their world view of the body as they know it and because there aren't a lot of studies out there right now it's much easier to just chalk it up to hokum and people trying to scam others out of money, the other part of this though is that Doctors would much prefer if you waited until there was some ground breaking procedure made available to further line their pockets.

The guys and girls from group 2 can't stand the fact that there is a cheap method whereby men can enlarge their penis without racking up thousands of dollars in debt. There is also no reason to believe that the gains made are just the byproduct of swelling and nothing more, how many of us know guys who have cemented their gains and don't even maintain the routine anymore? I know a few myself and sure they may have lost a fourth of an inch or so for not continuing but for the most part the gains stick.

I also have trouble believing that so many men would lie on forums like PE Gym and Thunders when there is nothing being sold, all the info you need for success is available for free. Also I don't know of many other guys who have the patience to stick with a routine past a certain point if they weren't seeing some benefits, because the time invested in PE is quite a commitment as you go along.

Well that's pretty much my two sense, I know PE works for me, I've added an inch in length and girth in three months of PE, and even after my eye surgery where I took a month off my measurements haven't gone down but perhaps a tiny bit on the length but negligible in any event.

Comment

Seraph, great points. I think we all just gotta decide for ourselves and our own bodies what we wanna try and then take responsibility for what WE do. We can review anything we wish to buy and decide not to, too.

Sounds to me like these guys just are know-it-all wanna be's. I would just go with your gut, buddy. really. it's your body, after all, so if this stuff does make you worried, then maybe try another approach, but like i said, just follow your gut instincts.

Comment

Well there's guys on here that have been PE'ing for years and have increased there size without any serious injuries.

That article talks about swelling and doing damage to your penis, but if your not feeling any physical pain, then what does is matter?

Don't let it scare ya; until your dick falls there's nothing to worry about lol.
                Starting (21.03.09): 5.3" x 4.3"

Currently: 6.0" x 4.3"

Goal: 7.0" x 5.5"

Comment

if it was only swelling that was making the increases then that would mean that the gains would not be permanent. Has anyone experienced a loss of gains after not P.E.ing for an extended period of time?
                  starting stats 7/7/09
                  BPEL- 6" EG- 5"

Goal BPEL- 7" EG- 5.5"

Comment

I know for a fact believe PE doesn't work. Everyone here is involved in a complex scam to build trust and then profit from it. Who are you going to trust. Big Al or a medical doctor with a diploma shoved up his ass?

People here think that their dicks have grown when In fact they are merely under a form of hypnosis. Have you see the threads where people say PE isn't working for them? Those people are immune to the effects of this hypnosis.

I have devised a special helmet you can wear that will make you immune as well. PM me and I'll give you details for payment. Unfortunately it takes me several weeks to make these helmets so supplies are limited and due to the precious metals involved they are not cheap!

Free yourself now! The Matrix has you!
                    05/10/09
                    ELBP 7.10
                    EG 5.5

12/12/09
                    ELBP 7.75
                    EG 5.75

Comment

Tbh jollyking the opposite would appear.

After an extended period of time, many vets say that they in fact gain much more easily doing PE because their penis is not used to the stress associated with exercises.

The deconditioning time has made their penis feel as if it is a fresh new one, ready to be jelqed.
                      2/2009: 5.5" NBPEL | 6" BPEL
                      6: 5.75 | 6.25
                      7: 6 | 6.5
                      8: 6 | 6.5
                      9: 6.25 | 6.75
                      10: 6.25 | 6.75
                      11: 6.25 | 6.75
                      12: 6.25 | 6.75

Goal
                      8"

Comment

Swelling of blood under the penis skin? but what about penis pumps, don't they force blood and give your dick one big hickey? Jelqing doesn't seem to do that.

I'm still a little skeptical of (or would liek to learn more about) the "smooth muscle" expansion part of it, but doctors don't know how it works either, so thier must be something that keeps it growing and rearrnaging. As a laymen I would assume biologically that it would have to have some type of growth mechanism.

I think the major turn off for most is the word "excersising" which connotes lifting weights etc. thus pushes a myth that your penis can be "excersised" when in fact that's a misnomer... It's more like 'conditioning', however vague that might sound.

I almost had a comment/quesiton for nacho but then i read his profile...

I don't know. I'll give it a few months, maybe 6 and if their are no gains, then I guess I spent several months watching tv standing up with my dick in my hands (what else is new).
                        Mattyluv
                        Last edited by Mattyluv; 07-17-2009, 01:10 PM.
                        Starting stats:
                        BPFL: 4" MFG:4" NBPEL: 5.5"
                        9/15/09 - NPBEL: 6.2" MEG: 5"
                        3/10 ***NEW BPEL: 6.7" - Stopped
                        -----------------
                        1/24/12 - started again.
                        NBPEL: 5 3/4" BPEL: 6 3/8' BEG: 5.75" MidEG: 5"
                        New Goal for 2012. BPEL: 7", MEG 6".
                        3/7/12 - Ap90 - Day 1

Comment

LOL what does my profile say??
                          05/10/09
                          ELBP 7.10
                          EG 5.5

12/12/09
                          ELBP 7.75
                          EG 5.75

Comment

Here's a great (and lengthy) post that covers this subject in detail- complete with links to legitimate studies: Non-believers on a PE forum?
                            Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I figured if there free forums full of thousnads of guys ... its gotta be real..

Although there is products out there for sale.. there is a lot of good free stuff..

I actually just ordered my first paid product last week.. its essentially the same stuff u learn here but high quality detailed pictures and videos that otherwise could be hard trtack down from multiple sites... the great thing is, I got them on a dvd and a manual.. I like having a phsyicaly thing in my hand I can refer to.. discreetly shipped and only $99

Small price 2 pay for the cool pics and videos I got...

I was just sick of exercising @ my comp chair lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X