Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEGYM Routine vs. Jon Pop's Routine

Hey Guys,

I am 31 days into the PEGYM beginner routine. (Warm Up, Stretch, Jelq, Keggel, etc.).

But everybody else seems to be doing the Jon Pop Routine. Should I carry on for 60 more days and then switch to the Jon Pop routine, or switch now?

My EQ has been better with what I am doing now, but I'm not seeing any length gains yet.
    July 2009: BPEL = 6" EG = 4.5" FL= 2.75"
    Aug 2009: BPEL = 6.5" EG = 4.75" FL= 2.5"
    (2010 to 2016: did nothing)
    Feb 2017: BPEL = 6"
    Mar 2017: BPEL = 6.25" EG = 5"

Current: BPEL = 6.25" EG= 5"

Personally I would stick with what you're doing because you've started to get good EQ from it. If you're not experiencing any negative PI's, then I would just stick with it for the duration specified.

It's very easy to chop and change too often (believe me, I've done this!), so sticking with something for at least another month or so is worthwhile. I didn't get any gains until 3 months in and you're only just completing your first month.
    Don't focus on the destination but enjoy the journey!

Comment

Thanks ReetB.

I always appreciate your wisdom!!
      July 2009: BPEL = 6" EG = 4.5" FL= 2.75"
      Aug 2009: BPEL = 6.5" EG = 4.75" FL= 2.5"
      (2010 to 2016: did nothing)
      Feb 2017: BPEL = 6"
      Mar 2017: BPEL = 6.25" EG = 5"

Current: BPEL = 6.25" EG= 5"

Comment

I'd also add that you should always monitor yourself. You are the best person that knows you

If you're finishing your workouts and it feels easy and you don't feel as if you have that "worked out feeling", then I would slightly increase your reps by 1-2% each time this happens.

Be progressive, but take your time. PE is not a race remember

Above all though, don't be static if you're not feeling it (by this I mean if you're finishing a workout and feeling no different, then step up the reps very slightly). I always like to feel that dull "post workout" ache. It's not a bad ache, just an ache that feels as if you've had a good workout. Having said all this, don't rush things though. I'm always cautious when suggesting that people increase reps because some people will go crazy and over do it, which is really not productive.

So to summerise, if I were to give an example, I would say the following:

(this is just an example as I don't know how many reps you're doing).

1. You start off doing 100 reps and for the first few weeks it feels a bit sore, but a good sore feeling.

2. A month in and you're still doing 100 reps but now it doesn't feel sore or worked out at all after doing your workout. To me this is my body saying "yep I've adapted to that now", so personally I would step it up a bit.

3. When it gets to this stage, I start increasing my reps by 2% each workout. Slight increases like this just challenge the body to grow and adapt further.

4. However if I get to say 120 reps and I'm not feeling good after the work out, I'm not afraid to drop back down the reps again.

It's all about sensible progression and listening to your body

Hope this helps.
        Don't focus on the destination but enjoy the journey!

Comment

Working...
        X